1144 users online (205 members and 939 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Bumping on Sad Anniversary

Bumping for Beverly. She disappeared 56 years ago this evening in Cleveland. Ohio. August 24 was a Friday in 1951, just as it is this year. Hard to believe she would be 66 years old now. She is forever 10 years old just about to enter 5th grade.

If interested in this case, the book "Twilight of Innocence the Disappearance of Beverly Potts" by James Jessen Badal is very interesting.

Hoping she will be found someday.

Link: http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/...s_beverly.html

I had no idea an anniversary was coming up when yesterday I drove by this park. I got goosebumps thinking about her. I've driven through there many times, but this was the first time I got goosebumps.

I wonder who the creep was that sent our local paper letters saying he did it and was dying so he wanted to confess. I think they figured out it was just a cruel joke, but I'm not sure.

RIP, Beverly.

I know what you mean about goosebumps. Twice I've visited the park and saw the house she lived in(from the outside). Made the detour to see it while on our way east on a trip.

She had such a short walk to get home....

I still believe the theory (mentioned in the book) that she was most likely abducted by some one she knew and trusted just enough to cross that line of safety. And whoever did it most likely lived on her street or nearby streets.

Hoping Beverly will be found soon so she can have a proper burial under the stone her sister had made for her (near their parent's graves). I highly doubt she is a 66 year old lady walking around with amnesia, though it would be nice to find her alive, it doesn't seem to be the case.

Quote Originally Posted by joellegirl View Post
    I know what you mean about goosebumps. Twice I've visited the park and saw the house she lived in(from the outside). Made the detour to see it while on our way east on a trip.

She had such a short walk to get home....

I still believe the theory (mentioned in the book) that she was most likely abducted by some one she knew and trusted just enough to cross that line of safety. And whoever did it most likely lived on her street or nearby streets.

Hoping Beverly will be found soon so she can have a proper burial under the stone her sister had made for her (near their parent's graves). I highly doubt she is a 66 year old lady walking around with amnesia, though it would be nice to find her alive, it doesn't seem to be the case.
    Would you mind pm-ing me the address? Thanks!

Bumping for Beverly...this week was the 57th anniversary of her disappearance.

Bumping....

A week from today will mark 58 years since Beverly Potts vanished. I just read the book written about her disappearance, Twlight of Innocence by James Badal. It's a very haunting, well written account of her disappearance, and I highly recommend it.

This is a disappearance that makes me sad. An innocent 10 year old girl who's still gone. Her family has searched 58 years and has searched until the grave. The person who did this needs to have a heart & tell someone where this baby girl is!

And can someone tell me where i could could get the book written on bervely potts?
    Have You Seen Me?
    Deanie Marie Pyle Peters
    Mary Jo Lee Long
    Leanna "Beaner" Warner
    Jodi Huisentruit
    Amy Billig
    Rachael Garden
    Stacie Madison and Susan Smalley
    The Springfield Three
    Fawn & Rozlin Abell
    The Forth Worth Trio
    Rachel Mellon Skemp

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/photos/full/20806
    Where is Sharon Rose Sons?
    Discuss her case here: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...aron+rose+sons

"We lose our keys, we lose our glasses..but how, in America, do we lose our children?!"-Molly Bish's Mother
    **All posts are my opinion.**

Quote Originally Posted by amber1 View Post
    This is a disappearance that makes me sad. An innocent 10 year old girl who's still gone. Her family has searched 58 years and has searched until the grave. The person who did this needs to have a heart & tell someone where this baby girl is!

And can someone tell me where i could could get the book written on bervely potts?
    Welcome to WS, amber1.

I got my copy of the Beverly Potts book, Twilight of Innocence by James Badal, on amazon.com

Bumping again as the 58th anniversary of her disappearance approaches (August 24, 1951).

Here's a link to a DVD made about Beverly's disappearance. I haven't seen it yet but plan to order it soon. The DVD actually goes along with the companion book: Twilight of Innocence by James Badal.

http://www.storytellersmediagroup.co...&%20Shadow.htm

I have the VHS version and it is very interesting. Beverly's older sister Anita passed away a few years back. Sadly all her family died not knowing what ever happened. I still believe it was some one on her street that took her.

Quote Originally Posted by joellegirl View Post
    I have the VHS version and it is very interesting. Beverly's older sister Anita passed away a few years back. Sadly all her family died not knowing what ever happened. I still believe it was some one on her street that took her.
    I knew her sister passed away a few years ago. It is very sad that her family never knew what happened. I also believe it was someone in her neighborhood who took her as well. After reading the book, I was stunned to realize how close the Potts home was to Halloran Park. It's just unbelievable to me that a perp can snatch a child like that practically in front of their own home. I also find it very strange, as they mentioned so often in the book, that no one saw anything, given the large number of people in the park that night. This whole case is just very, very sad.

I know what you mean about how close she lived to the park. I've been to Halloran Park and the saw the house she lived in, and it is amazing how close it all really is. She did not have far to walk at all, and since there seems to be no witnesses, I'm thinking she made it out of the park and started down her street. The houses are practically right on top of each other, and from what the book said there were even more trees then and not much light.

Hard to believe Beverly would be 68 years old now.

I agree, someone who lived near Beverly. I wonder how many neighbors the police talked to or if any raised suspicion. It seems like in these old cases, as well as some nowadays, communities, neighborhoods, etc., usually think of a roving pervert as an abductor rather than someone they know, especially if that person seems "normal."

It makes me wonder how seriously the police looked at a neighbor, who may have even been married or had children who weren't home at the time Beverly went missing.

Thinking of Beverly today. She vanished, not leaving one trace, 58 years ago this evening.

Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast