1116 users online (184 members and 932 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Cincinnati Kid View Post
    Cleveland P.D. detective Robert Wolf had the Beverly Potts matter as a cold case just a few years ago. Now retired, Wolf expressed his feelings in Twilight of Innocence that she could be buried somewhere in the neighborhood. In making that thought known, Wolf pointed out that in the early 1950's, the garages on Linnet Avenue had dirt floors. The obvious feeling is that it would not have been difficult back then to bury a body. Although various laws prevent authorities from random digging, you do wonder in this age of technology if there isn't some way from afar to attempt to detect if remains might be in a specific location.

Although reports say the police spoke with residents on Linnet Avenue, you begin to wonder who some of them were and what their backgrounds were like. Since Beverly was quite shy even around those she knew, which of those residents might she have trusted? Perhaps those would be people you might want to check out further.
    Thank you Cincinnati Kid, I knew I read something in the book that led me to believe she could be buried in a neighbor's garage, but couldn't remember the specifics.

Dirt floor surrounded by walls in which no one would see a dang thing that you'd be doing?

I am almost 100% that if they researched her neighbors and dug up that neighborhood, they would've found Beverly. It would be hard to do now, but not impossible.
    I feel like they focused too much on Beverly's family or 'some outta town stranger' instead of her neighbors. Beverly's family has paid the price for this mistake. Her mother died a few months after she lost Beverly, most likely because of grief.
    Have You Seen Me?
    Deanie Marie Pyle Peters
    Mary Jo Lee Long
    Leanna "Beaner" Warner
    Jodi Huisentruit
    Amy Billig
    Rachael Garden
    Stacie Madison and Susan Smalley
    The Springfield Three
    Fawn & Rozlin Abell
    The Forth Worth Trio
    Rachel Mellon Skemp

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/photos/full/20806
    Where is Sharon Rose Sons?
    Discuss her case here: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...aron+rose+sons

"We lose our keys, we lose our glasses..but how, in America, do we lose our children?!"-Molly Bish's Mother
    **All posts are my opinion.**

bump
    "Love one another. As I have loved you, love one another." Jesus

Fred Krause.. who said he saw Beverley walkning in the grass that fatal night..described her walkning "like a duck". That´s why the police belived him but if so..did Beverley have som ilness? I have read the book many times whitout finding anything about this except what Krause "saw". I think it was important for the investigation? Sorry for my bad english!

Beverly suffered from a foot disorder called duck or slew feet. The opposite of pidgeon toed. Children usually grow out of it by puberty. It means she walked with her feet splayed outwards. I had the condition myself in elementary school and ruined more than one pair of penny loafers on account of it.

Remembering Beverly. She disappeared 60 years ago this evening.

Quote Originally Posted by Cincinnati Kid View Post
    What is most puzzling is that no body or even an article of clothing has ever been found. To me, that indicates she was either quickly taken from the scene or dealt with by someone from that immediate area. With reports that Beverly was shy around men and even older boys, whoever was involved must have been someone she both knew and trusted. In Twilight of Innocence, the theory is given that someone right on Linnet Avenue had knowledge of what happened and her body could still be buried closeby. With all of the space age technology now available, you might think there could be a way to detect a body (or what remains after 58 years) without resorting to digging. I have to think should something be detected, legal authority to check further could be secured.
    I added Twilight of Innocence to my reading list, but I haven't read it yet. From what I have read about Beverly Potts and her disappearance, I wonder if someone she knew (like a parent or older relative of one of her friends) asked her to stop by their house or if she did stop at one of her friend's house (and the friend wasn't there) and that is why no one really saw anything and not much evidence was found. There was another case on the east coast where another girl went to her friend's house but her friend wasn't there yet her cousin (or it might have been the friend's uncle) was at the house and he killed her. I'm sorry, I don't remember the names -- I think the killer's last name was Clark, but I'm not 100% sure. I think something like that could have happened to Beverly Potts.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambercat View Post
    I added Twilight of Innocence to my reading list, but I haven't read it yet. From what I have read about Beverly Potts and her disappearance, I wonder if someone she knew (like a parent or older relative of one of her friends) asked her to stop by their house or if she did stop at one of her friend's house (and the friend wasn't there) and that is why no one really saw anything and not much evidence was found. There was another case on the east coast where another girl went to her friend's house but her friend wasn't there yet her cousin (or it might have been the friend's uncle) was at the house and he killed her. I'm sorry, I don't remember the names -- I think the killer's last name was Clark, but I'm not 100% sure. I think something like that could have happened to Beverly Potts.
    I think you might mean Hadden Clark. He was beyond creepy. Below is a summary of his crimes before they finally locked him up for good.

http://maamodt.asp.radford.edu/Psyc%...n%20_2005_.pdf

Regarding Beverly Potts though, I also believe whatever happened to her happened right there in the neighborhood. I do think one of her neighbors lured her in somehow. Unfortunately, I don't think we'll ever know what really happened to her.
    Please Help Find Brian Shaffer!

www.findbrianshaffer.com

Quote Originally Posted by Jenn View Post
    Case File 162DFOH

Potts, circa 1951

Beverly Potts
    Missing since August 1951 from Cleveland, Ohio.
    Classification: Endangered Missing

Vital Statistics
    • Age at Time of Disappearance: 10 years old
    • Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 4'11"; 90 lbs.
    • Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Blonde hair; blue eyes.
    • Clothing: Blue jeans with a side zipper and no label; bright red cotton panties; green socks; a white cotton Honeylane undershirt; a red sport shirt; a navy blue poplin jacket with no label and both pockets torn; size five or five and a half brown Karrybrooke Sportshoes loafers and a yellow gold ring.
    Circumstances of Disappearance
    Potts disappeared from a neighborhood festival at Halloran Park. There were no witnesses and no trace of what happened to her.

Investigators
    If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:

Cleveland Police Department
    760-839-4722 Source Information:
    Channel 5 News
    The Charley Project

This whole clothing description struck me as strange:

"Blue jeans with a side zipper and no label; bright red cotton panties; green socks; a white cotton Honeylane undershirt; a red sport shirt; a navy blue poplin jacket with no label and both pockets torn; size five or five and a half brown Karrybrooke Sportshoes loafers and a yellow gold ring."

Why did the person who gave the descriptor know what underclothes she was wearing down to her socks, but was unclear on her shoe size?
    email me

Long Lost Love: The Bob Harrod Story Disappeared/ID Network
    Amazon: Purchase Long Lost Love $1.99

Bob Harrod SAR

“The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them.”
    ― Maya Angelou

no kidding. Who would know what color socks and underwear a ten year old was wearing?

Anyone know who reported her?
    email me

Long Lost Love: The Bob Harrod Story Disappeared/ID Network
    Amazon: Purchase Long Lost Love $1.99

Bob Harrod SAR

“The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them.”
    ― Maya Angelou

Quote Originally Posted by MaryLiz View Post
    I think you might mean Hadden Clark. He was beyond creepy. Below is a summary of his crimes before they finally locked him up for good.

http://maamodt.asp.radford.edu/Psyc%...n%20_2005_.pdf

Regarding Beverly Potts though, I also believe whatever happened to her happened right there in the neighborhood. I do think one of her neighbors lured her in somehow. Unfortunately, I don't think we'll ever know what really happened to her.
    Yes. I did mean Hadden Clark and the little girl he killed was Michelle Door. Sorry, I had a mental block earlier. I think there is a high likelihood that Beverly Potts went to someone's house (either on her own or invited) and that she met with bad fate there. Otherwise, there would have been more evidence/witnesses.

Quote Originally Posted by believe09 View Post
    This whole clothing description struck me as strange:

"Blue jeans with a side zipper and no label; bright red cotton panties; green socks; a white cotton Honeylane undershirt; a red sport shirt; a navy blue poplin jacket with no label and both pockets torn; size five or five and a half brown Karrybrooke Sportshoes loafers and a yellow gold ring."

Why did the person who gave the descriptor know what underclothes she was wearing down to her socks, but was unclear on her shoe size?
    That's really strange. Noticing the color of her socks isn't that weird (maybe she was walking around her house without shoes earlier in the day), but knowing what color underwear she is wearing? I also agree with you not knowing what size the shoes are is strange, too, unless it is a situation where she wears a five or five and a half depending on the brand and her parents couldn't remember which one the loafers were, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambercat View Post
    As I have read in the book..Beverley was very shy for men. Even to men that she knew..like a friends daddy or so. And it was dark when she went home from Halloran that night. Shouldn´t she come home so quickly as possible?

Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast