1077 users online (187 members and 890 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

UK - Cerys Yemm, 22, brutally murdered, Argoed, Wales, 6 Nov 2014

I did search and couldn't find this story here, first time starting a thread so I hope it is correct!

The victim of a 'Hannibal Lecter' killer who 'ate her face while he was high on cocaine' had only met him hours prior to the horrific murder, it emerged today.

Shopworker Cerys Yemm, 22, was allegedly murdered by 34-year-old Matthew Williams after he invited her back to the Sirhowy Arms Hotel in Caerphilly, south Wales, following a night out.

Williams, who has not been identified by police but has been named locally - was allegedly eating his victim's eyeball when security staff burst in on the shocking attack.
    Police were called to the scene and found Miss Yemm unconscious on the floor with severe facial injuries.
    Officers Tasered Williams - who was only released from prison two weeks after being given a five-year sentence for attacking his ex-partner - and he became unresponsive. He later died in police custody.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ocial-facebook

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...-incident.html

More info at both links.

from February

Providing grim context....

Naked Man Shot to Death After Eating Teen's Face, Assaulting Cop (Gawker)

"...while high on LSD," the Mail appended

Little Jedi is offline "I am free of all prejudices. I hate everyone equally" W. C. Fields
    Name has been confirmed

Gwent Police said Williams was local to the area while Ms Yemm was from Blackwood, and the pair were known to each other.

He was stunned with a Taser and arrested at the scene during the early hours of Thursday but later died.

Williams had only recently been released from prison.

The Independent PoliceI Complaints Commission (IPCC) is probing his death

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-s...wales-29947935
    " The more we learn, the more we discover how much we do not know. "
    Yoda

Oh my god... What a horrible, horrible way to die

Quote Originally Posted by wfgodot View Post
    Providing grim context....

Naked Man Shot to Death After Eating Teen's Face, Assaulting Cop (Gawker)

"...while high on LSD," the Mail appended
    In that article the police say he was in a state of "excited delirium".

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Excited_delirium

The Mail got that wrong; there were no drugs in his system. And he had no criminal record.

The report says Joseph's violent break with reality is unknown and it acknowledges that there were no drugs in his system and that he had no criminal record.

According to the autopsy report, Joseph was shot in the chest and leg by the deputy.

Joseph's friends continue to say none of this makes sense because he was a hard-working student and they don't understand what caused the outburst.
    http://www.wptv.com/news/region-c-pa...ed-in-shooting

Meanwhile, Joseph's family has been critical of how the situation was handled. They hired a lawyer who says deputies should have done more to subdue him, noting Joseph must have been having some kind of mental breakdown.

"Instead of de-escalating the situation, they chose to use deadly force," attorney Byrnes Guillaume said.

Sheriff Ric Bradshaw has suggested Joseph's behavior may have been triggered by "excited delirium syndrome." The rare and frequently fatal medical condition impacts the brain, causing hallucinations and leading people on crazed attacks . . .
    Davids said he seemed depressed and stressed out in the days leading up to his death, believing he was a burden to other members of the family.

The day of the attacks, Joseph told his sister about something that had been bothering him. Davids recounted the conversation to authorities: Joseph and a group of friends drove to Miami, got drunk and beat and robbed a man. It was apparently weighing on Joseph's conscience, according to the report.
    http://articles.sun-sentinel.com/201...deputies-taser
    Last edited by Rayemonde; 11-09-2014 at 07:38 AM.

Huh... Rudy Eugene was found to have only marijuana in his system when he attacked and chewed the face off a homeless man in Miami. I remember at the time these incidents happened the press were all blaming a new drug know as "bath salts" that supposedly turned people into cannibal zombies.
    http://www.cbsnews.com/news/rudy-eug...hewing-attack/

The drug blamed for cannibal plague: Panic spreads over mind-bending bath salts linked to zombie-style attacks
    http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/weird-n...nnibals-867128
    Last edited by Rayemonde; 11-09-2014 at 08:30 AM.

Little Jedi is offline "I am free of all prejudices. I hate everyone equally" W. C. Fields
    Welsh Cannibal injected drugs and was having hallucinations before eating Cerys

THE Welsh *Cannibal Lecter* who devoured his victim alive had been high on a cocktail of drugs and was experiencing severe hallucinations.

Matthew Williams, 34, is said to have injected mephedrone a class B drug also known as miaow miaow just before the monstrous attack on Cerys Yemm, 22.

Williams visited a house with a friend and his victim where it is claimed he drank heavily, smoked cannabis and injected mephedrone.

He began saying he was hearing voices and hallucinating and that everything was looking like a negative photograph.

*Gotta love the The Daily Star*

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/late...cannibal-Wales
    Yoda

A MAN who killed a young shop assistant in a crazed cannibal attack was high on a cocktail of drugs known to be capable of causing psychotic breakdown and previously linked to similar crimes.

Friends of Matthew Williams said that he was hearing voices and hallucinating after taking a number of drugs, including some that contained mephedrone. This is sometimes known by the street names of “bath salts” or “miaow miaow”.
    . . .
    One friend, who is a key police witness, said Williams had been drinking heavily and smoking cannabis on Thursday before he took the party drug — similar to amphetamine, also known as speed.
    http://www.thesundaytimes.co.uk/sto/...cle1481404.ece

So the press are blaming bath salts again! We'll have to wait for the toxicology reports to see if he really was high on the stuff; I googled some of the "cannibal bath salts" attackers from 2012 earlier and most of the toxicology reports turned up negative. A few of them were diagnosed with schizophrenia after their attack.

A lot of the teenagers in my local area were taking methedrone a year or two ago (they call it "plant food" here, not bath salts) and I know of one girl who was sectioned in a psychiatric hospital after she became violent on the stuff (running around the streets with a knife suffering from paranoia), although she didn't actually hurt anyone. But most of the people I know who were heavy users of the stuff never became violent. I should think that in someone already suffering or predisposed to a mental illness it could trigger acute aggressive psychosis, whereas most people who take it won't react this way. JMO.

The symptoms of stimulant psychosis may vary slightly depending on the drug ingested but generally include the symptoms of organic psychosis including hallucinations, delusions, thought disorder, and, in extreme cases, catatonia.

In cases of stimulant psychosis (but not organic psychosis) patients tend to also present with the physical symptoms of prolonged stimulant abuse or acute overdose. These additional symptoms may include aggression, arrhythmia, dilated pupils, diarrhea, hypertension, hyperthermia, nausea, rapid breathing, restlessness, seizures, sleep deprivation, tremor, and vomiting
    The symptoms of acute amphetamine psychosis are very similar to those of the acute phase of schizophrenia although in amphetamine psychosis visual hallucinations are more common and thought disorder is rare.

Amphetamine psychosis may be purely related to high drug usage, or high drug usage may trigger an underlying vulnerability to schizophrenia. There is some evidence that vulnerability to amphetamine psychosis and schizophrenia may be genetically related. . . The disorders are often distinguished by a rapid resolution of symptoms in amphetamine psychosis, while schizophrenia is more likely to follow a chronic course.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stimulant_psychosis

I also googled schizophrenia and cannibalism, and found quite a few case studies of people who were found to be not criminally responsible for murder and cannibalism due to schizophrenia. Vince Li (who decapitated a fellow Greyhound bus passenger), Otty Sanchez (who killed her own baby and claimed the devil made her do it - be warned before googling this case that the details are VERY graphic ), Alexander Kinyua (killed his sleeping room-mate).

Of course most people with schizophrenia are NOT violent at all, and in the cases I read about there were plenty of warning signs that the authorities failed to take seriously. Around 1 in 100 people have schizophrenia (by my reckoning that makes 70 million people with schizophrenia across the globe, given a worldwide population of 7 billion), and these rare cases of extreme violence get a massively disproportionate amount of media coverage.

Of course there's no evidence that Matthew Williams suffered from schizophrenia, I'm just ruminating that perhaps some kind of underlying brain disorder might have combined with the use of drugs and alcohol and caused such a horrific event.

Woah, am I on the ball or what! :P

http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-sou...wales-29981512

Sally Ann Williams claims her son was a paranoid schizophrenic and could not get a prescription after his release from prison less than two weeks ago.
    . . . He was a prolific drug taker, she said, which made his paranoid schizophrenia worse.

Matthew Williams's mother said she believed he should never have been housed at the hostel, and in her opinion, should have been sectioned under the mental health act a long time ago.
    "He should have been in hospital," she said.
    "Every time he came out of prison, we'd go through the same process.
    "He'd be placed in a hostel somewhere with very little supervision and no psychiatric help outside.
    "

"I said to Matthew: "Do you know what you're doing to that girl?". He said: "That's no girl'." . . .
    She added: "He had been really great. He asked for permission from stay out from the council, he asked me if I could do his washing for him. I told him that he was doing really well.

"I didn't have any fear of Matthew. I didn't know anything about him. The council are not told it either - it's always 'data protection'.

"All I get is his name, his date of birth and ask if there are any issues? That's it.

"If there's anything nasty, I don't want that here. I've never had any hardened criminals."

Mrs Miles added that Williams had told her he had been in prison for theft - rather than assaulting an ex-partner.

"It's worrying, it's terrifying," she added.

Mrs Miles has now called for more information to be shared between agencies so that she knows people's backgrounds before she accepts them as residents.

She said: "I need to know who is walking through my door.

"Someone needs to give me a bit of a heads up and people's backgrounds. If they've come from prison, I think I personally should be told what's happened."
    http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news...lliams-4607630

Initial post mortem results indicate Ms Yemm died from head injuries. Gwent Police said on Tuesday that it may take a number of weeks before the post mortem examination is completed.

The comments from the B&B owner came as Mr Williams's family claim they did not hear about his death until hours later.

They met the Independent Police Complaints Commission (IPCC) on Tuesday and said they found out about what happened in the early hours of last Thursday after hearing rumours in a school playground after 9am. . . .
    "He was just leaning over her and she was on the floor. I could see there was no sign of life because of the extent of blood pooling on the floor.

"He didn't say anything. I spoke to him and said, 'Matthew, what are you doing?' He just remained looking down on the floor.

"I don't know what he had done."

Ms Miles, who is studying for a degree in criminology and psychology, said Ms Yemm's neck had been injured but said she did not see any act of cannibalism. . . .
    She said prior to the murder she had not had any problems with Williams and she is adamant he was not aware of what he was doing.

"I could not see his face. Who in their right mind would just carry on leaning and looking down?," she said.

"A reaction like that, me walking in would make you stand up, it would make you lift your head.

"That told me he didn't know what he was doing." . . .
    She said she wanted to speak out to "give the facts not the fiction" about the murder.

Local assembly member Jocelyn Davies said the community had been angry about some of the "incredibly insensitive" headlines in the media following the deaths.

"This is a loss to all of us really, of Cerys Yemm, and she mustn't be forgotten and overshadowed by those awful headlines," she added.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-s...wales-30003796

Of claims the 34-year-old was eating his victim, she said: "I saw nothing like that at all."

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/pa/...#ixzz3InwDv8V8
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
    Hmmmm.

Quote Originally Posted by Rayemonde View Post
    Woah, am I on the ball or what! :P
    You're definitely becoming our 'Go-to-Guy' when it comes to Schizophrenic Cannibals
    Yoda

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast