776 users online (103 members and 673 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

UT - Dad saved 5yo daughter from kidnapper, Sandy, 7 Oct 2014 - Arrest

The intruder was in the family's basement searching through things when he came upon the girl sleeping in her bedroom, Carriger said. The suspect took her out of bed and carried her upstairs, making noises that woke the parents.

Dad ran out into the front yard and confronted the kidnapper who released the girl. Police with dogs arrested Troy Morley of Roy, UT, 48 yo, in a house a couple of blocks away. He had entered the second house through a doggy door trying to hide.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/...ter/ar-AA70W89

yowsa! Lucky lucky lucky family. Go dad! But so scary, he came right into their home to get her, parents there and all. That is bold.

Websleuths now on Facebook

Welcome to all new members. Thank you for joining the conversation. Please take a moment to become familiar with the TOS and rules, etiquette and information.

mni wiconi I Stand With Standing Rock

I keep thinking that if the kidnapper had not made the noise which woke up the parents, we would have had another case with a mysterious disappearance of a child in the middle of the night with no clues to go on.
    With him being 48 years old, it makes me wonder if he has done something like this before.

Reading that article, dogs were very much some of the biggest heroes in this case!
    It's a magical world, Hobbes, ol' buddy.

----

Sandy Utah is only 500 miles from Boulder, Co.

About 45 miles north in Roy, where Morley lived, neighbors said they weren't the least bit surprised to find out the man known as a super creep had been accused of trying to abduct a girl.

Next-door neighbor Andrea Shearer, 33, said she... believes Morley had a meth addiction. He talked about a satanic cult causing his wife to leave him and having critters crawling through the attic, she said.

"He scared me. I'm so glad he's gone," said Shearer, a health care professional. "You always hear people saying about their neighbor that they seemed so quiet and normal. Not him, I'm not surprised."
    I took out a chunk in the middle, but all the words are attributed to her.

Quote Originally Posted by babelphissh View Post
    Sandy Utah is only 500 miles from Boulder, Co.
    There is a TM on fb and the last time he updated was in 2011. At that time he was in Denver. scary. He looks a lot like him!
    Cindi Lou

Some people may consider me crazy, I say I'm just inspired.

https://gma.yahoo.com/video/american...175748829.html

This shows a video of the house, the kid sleeps in the basement, I just find that so weird. I would never let my child sleep in a basement.

Quote Originally Posted by QueenMictlan View Post
    https://gma.yahoo.com/video/american...175748829.html

This shows a video of the house, the kid sleeps in the basement, I just find that so weird. I would never let my child sleep in a basement.
    Some people do have complete, finished basements. I see basement rooms a lot on home improvement channels- including for children.

It's really no different than having a bedroom on the main floor and kids on the second.