Mpls. Mayor Flashes Gang Sign with Convicted Felon; Law Enforcement Outraged!

Hi Love143!
I don't know what to think. Some people don't know gang signs, me for one, so it could be an honest mistake, but then I also wouldn't be pointing at someone because I was taught it was rude. But again, this is just a microsecond of her interaction. She most likely didn't know the man's criminal record, was relaxed and probably joking around with members of the community and her pointing had to do with something silly being said.
Now, having typed all that, I also wonder who thought this was a story. Its like reading notes catty girls would write in middle school. Maybe they will let me write an article about the picture too. My version is she is making a gun with her hand. I probably should call the police and alert them to her violent thoughts. Or, she is making the letter G in sign language but got it mixed up. Or they are both pointing to a ghost that is standing between them. Or they are the new version of wonder twins and they will touch fingers and say "wonder twin powers activate" and then shapeshift. Or she is pointing as it to say "why is he out of jail?" Hmm I can see this becoming a game down in the jury room. &#9996;&#65039; < FYI not a gang sign
:)

I see snapshots all the time of two people standing side by side with one or both of them pointing a finger at the other. These are not people who would be flashing gang signs or even know what gang signs are. I have always interpreted it as "can you believe I'm standing next to this awesome person?"

She's stupidly flashing a gang sign, hamming it up for the camera person. It's as clear as day. It may have been a gag since she's standing with a known convict, but at best, it was entirely dumb on her part. I can sure understand why the police chief was upset because it sends the message she's lax on criminals if wrongly interpreted.

Okay, I just watched the video that better explains the photo, but how many people will go to the trouble? She is certainly not pointing at the person she's standing beside nor is he pointing at her. Maybe I was right the first time.

I see snapshots all the time of two people standing side by side with one or both of them pointing a finger at the other. These are not people who would be flashing gang signs or even know what gang signs are. I have always interpreted it as "can you believe I'm standing next to this awesome person?"

I completely agree. I have pictures like this of myself, pointing to the person I'm with. I can assure you I wouldn't know a gang sign if my life depended on it. This seems to happen a lot in the media - them jumping to the conclusion that someone is throwing up gang signs when someone is doing something with their hands. It's beyond ridiculous, IMO.

In this case, the man who is the president of the Police Federation (he was interviewed last in the video posted), made a comment that this mayor is "critical of police." I suspect there is a back story here as to why the Police Federation is not happy with the mayor and somehow got the ball rolling on this "story," kind of like what happens in politics. Childish.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine
Back