Horse goes to hospital, bids final farewell to dying owner

zwiebel

Reaction score
In a beautiful instance of the special bond between an animal and a person, a horse was taken to a hospital and gently kissed her dying owner goodbye.

77-year-old Sheila Marsh of Wigan, UK, had been very ill with cancer for some time, and missed her two dogs and horse terribly while she was in the hospital. A saint of a nurse, knowing that the end of Sheila's life was near, told her daughter Tina Marsh that she could bring her mother's dogs in to see their beloved owner one last time. But that left Bronwen, Sheila's horse that she'd raised for 25 years.

'You get Bronwen, I'll fix things up here,' the nurse told Tina.

In a moving scene in the Royal Albert Edward Infirmary parking lot, Bronwen walked up to her owner's hospital bed, and gently gave dying Sheila the farewell kiss she managed to asked for. Daughter Tina said the only one not reduced to tears was her mom, because she was so happy to see Bronwen one last time. Hours later, Sheila passed away.

There is an audio only interview with Tina at the link, which is sad but at the same time very uplifting to listen to.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p02bc3mn

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    128.6 KB · Views: 42
What a beautiful story, I had tears streaming down my face reading that. What a saint of a nurse, organising that for a dying patient, what a very kind nurse she is.

Tears here too. Sometimes I think, if only for a moment, what a really good race is our human one.

There is another thread on this also.

How touching and wonderful to read. [emoji257]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Also wanted to add kudos to the hospital and nurses that allowed this to happen!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back