GUILTY UT - Troy Morley for attempted kidnapping of 5yo girl, Sandy, 2014

Has anyone out there searched this guy out? Troy Morley. I find it a strange coincidence when I searched out the alleged offender's name that there was a Troy Morley (maybe not the same one) living in Boulder, Colorado during the same timeframe as the Jon Benet Ramsey murder. His age by some sites as listed as anywhere from 46-49. I don't have the same awesome searching capabilities that most of u guys have. But just thought it was odd. Again, not stirring up anything with anyone's theories on that tragic case. I am glad in this one though that the parents were able to thwart an abduction. How scary for the whole family.

I read this also, why was this little girl sleeping in the basement? From a report I read, it said she was sleeping in the basement and the kidnapper was robbing the place but then saw the child sleeping in the basement where he was looking through stuff and then decided to take her :thinking:

I read this also, why was this little girl sleeping in the basement? From a report I read, it said she was sleeping in the basement and the kidnapper was robbing the place but then saw the child sleeping in the basement where he was looking through stuff and then decided to take her :thinking:

Also, it sounds like the parents lived on the second floor. From the articles.

The house may have been a split level style home, with 3 levels. Kitchen and living room on the main level, bedrooms bath on upper floor, more bedrooms and bath in what most people would call a basement. IDK, Just a suggestion. I sincerely hope they get an alarm system, and very large dog(s) for starters.

Bittiness39, you are not alone. When I saw this article, JonBenet Ramsey was the first person that popped into my mind as well.

The house may have been a split level style home, with 3 levels. Kitchen and living room on the main level, bedrooms bath on upper floor, more bedrooms and bath in what most people would call a basement. IDK, Just a suggestion. I sincerely hope they get an alarm system, and very large dog(s) for starters.

Bittiness39, you are not alone. When I saw this article, JonBenet Ramsey was the first person that popped into my mind as well.

There is a Troy Morley that worked in IT in Boulder for a company that John Bennett Ramsey might have outsourced to for his company at the time.

I doubt if this guy kidnapped Jon Benet but could be similar circumstances.. Someone comes into steal and ends up kidnapping ? Idk

Sounds like a pedophile's denial, just robbing the place & distracted by the sleeping kid. Sure dude, admit what you are. Robbers visit when nobody is home.

Has anyone out there searched this guy out? Troy Morley. I find it a strange coincidence when I searched out the alleged offender's name that there was a Troy Morley (maybe not the same one) living in Boulder, Colorado during the same time frame as the Jon Benet Ramsey murder. His age by some sites as listed as anywhere from 46-49. I don't have the same awesome searching capabilities that most of u guys have. But just thought it was odd. Again, not stirring up anything with anyone's theories on that tragic case. I am glad in this one though that the parents were able to thwart an abduction. How scary for the whole family.
That is really interesting. Good job sleuthing, Bittiness! You are a top-notch websleuther, IMO.

I read this story yesterday, I think. THANK GOODNESS Dad caught this guy. He could have very easily got away with her.

My number one thought was, as it is so many times,---- dude came in through UNLOCKED DOOR. How many times have we heard this? Many people think because they live in a "safe" area, no worries about making sure everything is locked up. Some areas, folks even leave their front doors unlocked "all the time". That is, until the random murder happens there.

Just wish people everywhere, would keep things locked up at least at night. Preferably at all times.

Does anyone frequent the JonBenet thread on WS?
I'm not sure I've ever been on the JonBenet thread before; certainly not in a long time. Once in a while I read an article about the case, but seems like interest in it has faded. I think most people are convinced that JonBenet was murdered by a family member who successfully evaded arrest to the end.

I wonder if LE ever looked into any connection with TM in Boulder or if he was never associated with the Ramseys? I have read of other cases in which the culprit remained under the radar for decades until finally arrested in another case and then connected to the cold case through DNA. Maybe Bittiness (or someone here) should alert LE about the TM living in Boulder at the time of BJR's murder in case it's the same person. The SLCPD and BPD might want to investigate any possible connection of TM to the JonBenet murder.

I know there are people on this board who are LE , or have friends or family members who are LE- perhaps someone has contacts in the Boulder CO area and could pass Bittiness's discovery along. Now that the kidnapper has been arrested, would his DNA automatically be checked against databases for unsolved crimes?

I know there are people on this board who are LE , or have friends or family members who are LE- perhaps someone has contacts in the Boulder CO area and could pass Bittiness's discovery along. Now that the kidnapper has been arrested, would his DNA automatically be checked against databases for unsolved crimes?

And wasn't there unidentified DNA in the JBR case??

I read this story yesterday, I think. THANK GOODNESS Dad caught this guy. He could have very easily got away with her.

My number one thought was, as it is so many times,---- dude came in through UNLOCKED DOOR. How many times have we heard this? Many people think because they live in a "safe" area, no worries about making sure everything is locked up. Some areas, folks even leave their front doors unlocked "all the time". That is, until the random murder happens there.

Just wish people everywhere, would keep things locked up at least at night. Preferably at all times.

I totally agree.

I am usually very good about locking all doors and windows all the time even after just letting the dog out and knowing I will have to let him out at least 1 more time.

I caught myself being lazy just the other day while watching TV and almost did not get up to lock the front door. I thought better of it and got up to lock the door. I dont ever want to be surprised by an intruder when I am not prepared. At least with a locked door, it should help me hear noises if someone is trying to break in which will give me enough time to retrieve my weapon and be ready.

With an unlocked door, an intruder could be in the place and gain the advantage before I would even have time to do anything about it.

What a strange story. Thankfully the child is safe.

I agree about the Jon benet Ramsey case. I googled the suspect int the Utah abduction, he has previous addresses very close to the Ramsey house according to Spokeo. One of the residences was a 20 minute hop on/hop off the highway. They better look into this.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amberraff
Back