761 users online (109 members and 652 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    los2188 is offline North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!

WV - Lilly Neff, 16, Ansted, 8 November 2014

Lilly Neff - [modsnip]

Deputies in Fayette County search for missing child
    NEWS RELEASE: The Fayette County Sheriff's Office is searching for a juvenile missing from the Hico area. Sheriff Steve Kessler released the following information concerning this missing child: At approximately 4:00 am on Saturday, November 8, 2014 Lilly Neff, age 16, from Ansted, WV, was at the Mountaineer Cabin Rentals in Hico when she left this rental cabin, reportedly to walk to a relative's home in the Danese area. She has not been seen since that time and none of her family has had any contact with her. This incident remains under investigation by Deputy W.K. McGraw of the Fayette County Sheriff's Office. Anyone having any information concerning this missing child is asked to contact the Fayette County 911 Center at (304) 574-3590. You can also submit information through our department Facebook page, "Fayette County Sheriff's Department."
    http://www.wowktv.com/story/27333956...r-missing-teen
    Last edited by Salem; 11-10-2014 at 06:23 PM. Reason: wrong facebook.
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

"When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

Approximately how far of a walk would that be?

los2188 is offline North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
    A 16 year old girl walking at 4 am??? There's undoubtedly more to this story....
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

"When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

Any more MSM reports on this?

Quote Originally Posted by ajc748 View Post
    Any more MSM reports on this?
    Quite a few but they all say the same thing pretty much. The only thing i can find so far is she was a junior counselor at a church...not much out there just yet

Attached is a link to google map showing the Mountaineer Cabins in Hico is a 35 minute drive to Danese - 23.7 miles. A young girl at 4:00 am is going to walk 23.7 miles?? Definitely something not right with this story.

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Moun...7!2d37.9306711

Quote Originally Posted by los2188 View Post
    Are you sure that is her facebook?

Do all the media articles say 4am? I was thinking it may have been a typo (meaning 4pm). Wouldn't be the first time we have seen time typos in the media.

Quote Originally Posted by KaylynnCouture View Post
    Do all the media articles say 4am? I was thinking it may have been a typo (meaning 4pm). Wouldn't be the first time we have seen time typos in the media.
    I admit that would make more sense but the story linked in the OP looks like it was originally posted at 4:23 PM which kind of goes against that.

I'm confused - why is this story not gathering momentum if a 16 year old has vanished off the street in the middle of the night? Could someone enlighten me as to why this case is not getting covered, whereas on similar threads (eg Hannah G) there were hundreds of comments by now!

I'm not in US. Am I missing something? Why have "we" not jumped on it?

Quote Originally Posted by ajc748 View Post
    I'm confused - why is this story not gathering momentum if a 16 year old has vanished off the street in the middle of the night? Could someone enlighten me as to why this case is not getting covered, whereas on similar threads (eg Hannah G) there were hundreds of comments by now!

I'm not in US. Am I missing something? Why have "we" not jumped on it?
    Probably because there's so little info. to jump on.

Quote Originally Posted by Curiosum View Post
    Are you sure that is her facebook?
    I agree, not the same girl.

Quote Originally Posted by KJ's Mamu View Post
    Attached is a link to google map showing the Mountaineer Cabins in Hico is a 35 minute drive to Danese - 23.7 miles. A young girl at 4:00 am is going to walk 23.7 miles?? Definitely something not right with this story.

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Moun...7!2d37.9306711
    Who goes on a 23mile walk at anytime of the day?? Bizarre story.

*RUMOR*

On sm there are some teens discussing it and supposedly she was grounded by her parents and they took her phone and she snuck out. Supposedly someone picked her up and took her to a party and left her there. The cabin was rented for the party.

They are getting together a search as we speak for her at Midland Trail High School

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast