UK UK - Leonard 'Len' King, 74, Brighton, 9 Nov 2014

wfgodot

Former Member
Reaction score
Daily Mail:

Coastguards baffled after yachtsman vanishes & his 70ft £750,000 Sunseeker returns to port, no one aboard

⁍ Massive search for Len King, 74, after yacht found drifting in Brighton
⁍ Engineering firm manager had gone sailing to Newhaven yesterday
⁍ His distraught wife Stephanie said: 'I was expecting him home for dinner'
⁍ Sussex Police have now suspended sea search which included helicopter
⁍ But his fate is still a mystery and he is being treated as a missing person

Much more, with pictures, at the links.

Mirror:

Wife of missing yachtsman 'can't understand what's happened' after his empty boat was found by marina

The Mail now appends....

However, last night it emerged that King was jailed for three years in 1995 for the ‘debauched’ abuse of a boy who he molested for seven years from the age of four during the 1960s.

At his trial, King had denied the allegations, insisting his accuser was attempting to blackmail him.

He said his accuser had warned him he was ‘going to have the money that if I did not help him I would regret it.... If he did not get the money he would drag me…down with him’.

But he was convicted at Maidstone Crown Court in 1995 of three counts of indecency with a child and three of indecent assault.

The victim said after King’s conviction that it had sent a ‘shot across the bows’ of child abusers, adding: ‘It was not about vengeance, I did it because I wanted to protect other children.’
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...n-jailed-three-years-1995-molesting-boys.html

Interesting..i have found some rather interesting things about him doing some research to. Seems like maybe they need to check his other home to.

I'm always intrigued by missing boaters, but, not so much given his pedophelia convictions.

Find it hard to believe there was only one victim, poor boy.

Mmmm. This one kinda gives off vibes of being a planned disappearance. Weird nothing has surfaced since 2014.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Curious.tea
Back