1231 users online (261 members and 970 guests)  

Websleuths News

Police: Idaho boy died after playing choking game

BOISE, Idaho (AP) — A 10-year-old boy who died after hanging himself from a tree is apparently the second Idaho youth killed while playing a choking game. The Fremont County sheriff's office said Dalton Eby apparently was playing a game known as the "pass-out game," trying to cut off the oxygen supply to his brain to achieve a type of "high."

http://www.courttv.com/news/2005/0713/choking_ap.html

I am surprised at how many parents don't know if this. I am in my mid 30's and we did this a lot as teenagers, until one of our friends had a seizure and it scared the crap out of us. We just did it for fun, I don't remember getting a high from it. I had forgotten about it and am glad to have come across this article and will know discuss this with my son.

Quote Originally Posted by christine2448

BOISE, Idaho (AP) — A 10-year-old boy who died after hanging himself from a tree is apparently the second Idaho youth killed while playing a choking game. The Fremont County sheriff's office said Dalton Eby apparently was playing a game known as the "pass-out game," trying to cut off the oxygen supply to his brain to achieve a type of "high."

http://www.courttv.com/news/2005/0713/choking_ap.html

I am surprised at how many parents don't know if this. I am in my mid 30's and we did this a lot as teenagers, until one of our friends had a seizure and it scared the crap out of us. We just did it for fun, I don't remember getting a high from it. I had forgotten about it and am glad to have come across this article and will know discuss this with my son.
    Gawd! I never heard of this. something new to warn the kiddies about!

Quote Originally Posted by lostfaith
    Gawd! I never heard of this. something new to warn the kiddies about!
    My son and his girlfriend (early 20s) stopped by yesterday. They told me this is very common. It's a game kids play in school, holding someone against the wall and pressing on their neck until they pass out. Kids volunteer to have it done to them. I was shocked. Stupid stupid kids.

We did it too.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeana (DP)
    We did it too.
    Geez! What ever happened to just giving someone a wedgie or a swirlie or a snake bite????

I'm 32, and we did this in jr high thru freshman year.