758 users online (101 members and 657 guests)  


The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News


Page 1 of 77 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 1155
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    STEELER COUNTRY!
    Posts
    27,148

    South Africa - Honeymoon husband: Dewani arrested over wife's murder #5

    Honeymoon husband: Dewani arrested over wife's murder
    S. Africa honeymoon slaying: British police arrest husband Shrien Dewani, say he conspired to murder bride http://bit.ly/ghZ6SM

    another very sad murder of a honeymoon bride!

    Thread #1

    Thread #2

    Thread #3

    Thread #4
    Last edited by marlywings; 11-12-2014 at 06:06 AM.
    Kyron, HALEIGH, ADJI & Gabriel NEEDS PRAYERS NOW TO FIND THEM!. Zahra & Jonathan in heaven
    Justice for Hailey!!!!
    No Justice for Caylee Marie..........

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    32,580

    Shrien Dewani 'linked' to second murder case in South Africa

    The plot thickens........ Second murder!

    Hmmmm,.............it seems the previous victim was killed in the same way Dewani's wife was,...... taxi car-jacking attempt.......

    {double hmmmmmm} the previous victim's widow flew to be by Dewani's side after his wife was murdered.

    Like they say, there is NO coincidence when it comes to murder!

    JMHO
    fran


    http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2010...-second-murder

    Shrien Dewani 'linked' to second murder case in South Africa
    British businessman Dewani denies new accusations he was involved in killing three years ago

    The British businessman Shrien Dewani, wanted for extradition by South Africa over claims he paid hitmen to kill his bride on their Cape Town honeymoon, has denied he was involved in another murder three years earlier.

    South African National Commissioner General Bheki Cele said police are investigating a link between Dewani and the 2007 murder of Dr Pox Raghavjee.

    <<<<<<<<<<<<full article at link>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Under the Southern Cross
    Posts
    12,283

    Honeymoon husband: Dewani arrested over wife's murder #5

    Please continue here....

  4. #4
    Hi everyone, thanks for tweets today. Seems like not much more came out today. With very few days left in court, this adornment is unfortunate IMO. I honestly don't feel like we're much closer to the truth. I really hope SD takes the stand though.
    Using Tapatalk

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    3,263
    David Dadic @DavidDadic 2h 2 hours ago

    I'm starting to get the feeling that Shrien Dewani may be successful in a sect 174 discharge application ie released before taking the stand

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    196
    Quote Originally Posted by Judgejudi View Post
    David Dadic @DavidDadic 2h 2 hours ago

    I'm starting to get the feeling that Shrien Dewani may be successful in a sect 174 discharge application ie released before taking the stand
    And so he should. Absolutely ridiculous the evidence brought forward to extradite this man. The state's case is based on assumption, evidence from proven liars and criminals, and being finished as we're going through the trial. There are some cases that make you question whether identity and personal information should be made public on someone until proven guilty, and this is one of them.

    The state have nothing and he should never have been extradited. Surprised UK allowed it.

  7. #7
    174. Accused may be discharged at close of case for prosecution. If, at the close of the case for the prosecution at any trial, the court is of the opinion that there is no evidence that the accused committed the offence referred to in the charge or any offence of which he may be convicted on the charge, it may return a verdict of not guilty.


  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,627


    Anni with her parents in the last family picture they had taken before her murder.

    RIP Anni Hindocha

    12 March 1982 - 13 November 2010.


    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...-daughter.html

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,627
    Quote Originally Posted by Interested Bystander View Post
    174. Accused may be discharged at close of case for prosecution. If, at the close of the case for the prosecution at any trial, the court is of the opinion that there is no evidence that the accused committed the offence referred to in the charge or any offence of which he may be convicted on the charge, it may return a verdict of not guilty.
    Thanks IB, I was interested in the sect 174, and it's no surprise. So the case will be wrapped up before December 1. At least, Anni's parents can rest assured that no stone was left unturned in seeking justice and the truth. JMO

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimeSuspect View Post
    Thanks IB, I was interested in the sect 174, and it's no surprise. So the case will be wrapped up before December 1. At least, Anni's parents can rest assured that no stone was left unturned in seeking justice and the truth. JMO

    If it is wrapped up, I am not too sure that Anni's family will be happy. I think they want to hear what SD has to say. IMO The likelihood is that the case will be thrown out because there seems to be no concrete evidence to convict SD and he may well be the fall guy for a bungled ransom abduction.

    The PT obviously think the new evidence they are bringing before the court is important so we will have to wait and see what it is. Given they have had 4 years to get their facts sorted, this may well be another red herring.



  11. #11
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,627
    Quote Originally Posted by Interested Bystander View Post
    If it is wrapped up, I am not too sure that Anni's family will be happy. I think they want to hear what SD has to say. IMO The likelihood is that the case will be thrown out because there seems to be no concrete evidence to convict SD and he may well be the fall guy for a bungled ransom abduction.

    The PT obviously think the new evidence they are bringing before the court is important so we will have to wait and see what it is. Given they have had 4 years to get their facts sorted, this may well be another red herring.

    I wouldn't call it a red herring. I think the state is bringing an expert in to prove Mnengi shot the fatal bullet (as it was implied by the DT that Qwabe made the shot). Maybe, the expert will compare it to other execution style murders, as VZ made a point that this wasn't the case either. BTW, I'm just speculating here. Unfortunately, the state wasn't prepared for the DT's comebacks and the revelation that the test results for primer residue weren't available in time for the Mnengi trial. The state is probably covering their backs now.

    Imo, the state haven't brought charges against Dewani for the sake of it, they got the killers, and if they in turn accuse Dewani of hiring them, the state is obligated to take it seriously and follow it through. It could be considered bad judgment on their part that they thought they had enough solid evidence but I don't think it was done maliciously.

    Anni's father, in his interviews comes across as a kind and gracious man who just wants the truth like any parent whose child has been murdered, as does Anni's mother, they at least deserve that, but sadly, as in most murder cases, the absolute truth is rarely found.

    Today, is the 4th anniversary of Anni's death and my thoughts are with her parents, family and friends.

    JMO

    Originally Posted by newone

    Traverso: Surely you knew this before coming to trial. Why is there no report? The police have gone on TV, on Panorama about the state's case. I'm going to grant you the indulgence but I want to know, why only now.

    Mopp: We've been trying to get an expert from the police, who is competent, to talk about primer residue & what happens when a shot is fired.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    169
    I am absolutely not a liberal handwringer, but will someone please correct me here if I am wrong..... Mngeni was convicted as the one that fired the shot that killed Anni, but we now have the state scurrying for an expert witness on gun residue and they have now admitted this crucial evidence was omitted at Mngeni's trial!! Mngeni gave evidence that there was only the 4 grand from SD's pocket as spoil, which him and Quabe split. He was the first to be arrested and (according to Panorama) there is evidence that he only saw the 2 grand from the 4 grand split with Quabe. It seems to me that he was stitched up by everyone. He took the rap for the ultimate shot and it would appear that Quabe didn't tell him about the 10k in the car, and no-one else did either. His co conspirators seem to have been eager to throw him under the bus, whilst hiding the main spoil from him.

    Don't get me wrong, Mngeni is absolutely guilty, but it seems to me that this bunch were no strangers to this kind of arrangement, nor of making the most of situations for themselves, despite so called 'arrangements'. Mngeni was arrested first, seems to corroborate SD's story (initially before he denied everything) and didn't seem to want to touch the other's stories with a bargepole. Shame he's dead, he would have been an interesting witness here - but then, he'd have had absolutely no incentive to testify, would he?

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Heart of Europe
    Posts
    27,188
    No-one is ever going to convince me this bunch pulled it together enough to hatch a plot to implicate Dewani out of the blue. Absolutely no reason it could benefit them. They implicated him, because he was involved, in my opinion.
    We 'embraced' the missing Bob Harrod case as requested but 6 years on, are still waiting for further guidance


    Flyers/FB/Case Overview&Media Links
    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...2009-19/page22

  14. #14
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,627
    Quote Originally Posted by Britlaws View Post
    I am absolutely not a liberal handwringer, but will someone please correct me here if I am wrong..... Mngeni was convicted as the one that fired the shot that killed Anni, but we now have the state scurrying for an expert witness on gun residue and they have now admitted this crucial evidence was omitted at Mngeni's trial!! Mngeni gave evidence that there was only the 4 grand from SD's pocket as spoil, which him and Quabe split. He was the first to be arrested and (according to Panorama) there is evidence that he only saw the 2 grand from the 4 grand split with Quabe. It seems to me that he was stitched up by everyone. He took the rap for the ultimate shot and it would appear that Quabe didn't tell him about the 10k in the car, and no-one else did either. His co conspirators seem to have been eager to throw him under the bus, whilst hiding the main spoil from him.

    Don't get me wrong, Mngeni is absolutely guilty, but it seems to me that this bunch were no strangers to this kind of arrangement, nor of making the most of situations for themselves, despite so called 'arrangements'. Mngeni was arrested first, seems to corroborate SD's story (initially before he denied everything) and didn't seem to want to touch the other's stories with a bargepole. Shame he's dead, he would have been an interesting witness here - but then, he'd have had absolutely no incentive to testify, would he?
    Mngeni denied being involved in the whole hijacking, robbery and murder, even though his left handprint was discovered on the right fender of the vehicle. An elderly woman witnessed Mngeni sitting in a vehicle with Tongo and Qwabe on the Saturday, 13 November, 2010 at 3.30pm. She identified Tongo as he once lived in her district but had since moved. It was in Tongo's vehicle they were discussing the plans for that night. There were also other reliable witnesses to the sighting of Mngeni in Tongo's vehicle on that day.

    Witnesses came forward that Mngeni was wearing the Prada watch and that he had in his possession the ladies Georgio Armeni watch which he tried to offload for R40000. He sold Anni's blackberry phone to a woman he knew for R500, and had the other 2 phones on him. Friends of his from his district saw him with the digital camera and the jewelry was later discovered in the shack where he was residing after he was arrested.

    After the meeting he had in the vehicle with Tongo and Qwabe, another witness saw him in the possession of a gun he had carried in a plastic bag.

    The R10000 found in the cubbyhole was shared evenly between Qwabe and Mngeni as well as the R4000 taken from SD's person. Panorama saying he was diddled out of his share, is questionable.

    Mngeni also was a known drug dealer and sold methamphetamine, known as Tik. He was definitely a very shady character and his denials were just pure stupidity on his part and he deserved his sentence.

    Imo, Mngeni was the most dangerous character of the lot and I'm glad he's dead. Because he pleaded not guilty, the prosecutor's case against him and his co-conspirators was brought to the attention of the DT and the claims made against SD, which of course, they used to their advantage, and rightly so. All's fair in love and war.

    The Panorama documentary has been debunked and clearly biased and it was littered with untruths and omissions.

    JMO

    Here is Mngeni's judgment -

    http://www.saflii.org/za/cases/ZAWCHC/2012/202.html
    Last edited by PrimeSuspect; 11-12-2014 at 11:21 PM.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,627
    Quote Originally Posted by zwiebel View Post
    No-one is ever going to convince me this bunch pulled it together enough to hatch a plot to implicate Dewani out of the blue. Absolutely no reason it could benefit them. They implicated him, because he was involved, in my opinion.
    I'm with you Z and I don't believe it would enter their heads to come up with the plan the DT has stated. These men are not sophisticated enough to think it through, they're just out for the quick buck. Money and good lawyers can make anything seem possible, lol.
    I'm disappointed with the prosecutors so far, they're not presenting a strong case or presence in the courtroom. Imo, there would have to be a recording of SD soliciting Tongo for a hit or handwritten evidence to convince the Judge of his guilt. Seems like it's not a difficult trial for her, probably just as frustrating as it is for court watchers.

    JMO

Page 1 of 77 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. NOTGUILTY South Africa - Honeymoon husband: Dewani arrested over wife's murder #4
    By passionflower in forum Recently Sentenced and Beyond
    Replies: 1118
    Last Post: 11-12-2014, 06:08 AM
  2. NOTGUILTY South Africa - Honeymoon husband: Dewani arrested over wife's murder #3
    By passionflower in forum Recently Sentenced and Beyond
    Replies: 1022
    Last Post: 11-05-2014, 11:49 AM
  3. NOTGUILTY South Africa - Honeymoon husband: Dewani arrested over wife's murder #2
    By passionflower in forum Recently Sentenced and Beyond
    Replies: 1135
    Last Post: 10-29-2014, 02:17 PM
  4. NOTGUILTY South Africa - Honeymoon husband: Dewani arrested over wife's murder #1
    By passionflower in forum Recently Sentenced and Beyond
    Replies: 1141
    Last Post: 10-20-2014, 09:42 AM
  5. South Africa - Estranged husband shoots wife in the genitals
    By JellyBean in forum Crimes in the News
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-28-2006, 08:40 AM

Tags for this Thread