993 users online (132 members and 861 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

FL - Timothy Englehardt, 22, shot to death, Holly Hill, 13 Sept 2014

'I did it': Chilling words overheard in background of 911 call claiming
    meterologist, 22, had killed himself prompt new police investigation
    (Daily Mail)

⁍ Timothy Englehardt died from a gunshot wound as he hung out with friends in Florida on September 13
    ⁍ The 911 caller said that Englehardt had shot himself - but another person can be heard saying: 'I did it'
    ⁍ His parents say he was an honor student at university and was close to landing his dream job as a meteorologist
    ⁍ Police are treating the death as suspicious but haven't named any suspects
    more, with pictures and links, at link above

keeponsearching is offline The mighty Oak was once a little nut that stood its ground.
    This is really sad. I feel like it was some sort of accident. But why wouldn't they just come forward and say that People should just not play with guns. They are not toys.

Quote Originally Posted by keeponsearching View Post
    This is really sad. I feel like it was some sort of accident. But why wouldn't they just come forward and say that People should just not play with guns. They are not toys.
    If somebody shot him unintentionally, it wouldn't be classified as an accident. It would be some sort of negligent homicide. Punishable with prison time and a felony record.
    Which is presumably why somebody might not want to come forward and say it.
    Just my opinion

Drunken round of Russian Roulette, initiated by the "I did it" person?

Quote Originally Posted by wfgodot View Post
    Drunken round of Russian Roulette, initiated by the "I did it" person?
    I don't think the guy shot himself at all. It wasn't his gun. The gun was found inside the home, the body was outside. The gun obviously didn't fly by itself inside the house after shooting the victim. So it would appear to me somebody else did it.
    Just my opinion

Iowa (again!), formerly Florida, Land of the Sun
    I think it's suspicious as well, but wonder if the "I did it" comment could be in reference to the owner of the gun maybe letting Timothy handle the gun and it went off? Because the female caller also says, "No, you didn't. Relax. You didn't kill him." If I handed someone a gun and it went off, I might feel like "I did it" by giving them the gun.

Quote Originally Posted by Skagirl View Post
    I think it's suspicious as well, but wonder if the "I did it" comment could be in reference to the owner of the gun maybe letting Timothy handle the gun and it went off? Because the female caller also says, "No, you didn't. Relax. You didn't kill him." If I handed someone a gun and it went off, I might feel like "I did it" by giving them the gun.
    How did the gun get into the house? The body was outside.
    I don't think the guy shot himself at all. The gun was not his. It wasn't found near the body.
    Just my opinion

someone feeling guilty (because they perhaps handed a gun to the deceased, going with that theory) could have picked up the gun after the incident and brought it inside?
    "I arise in the morning torn between a desire to improve the world and a desire to enjoy the world. This makes it hard to plan the day."
    - E. B. White

This video has parts of 911 call.
    I don't think the person on the background is saying "I did it."
    I hear something else. To me it sure sounds like a confession. Listen for yourself.

http://www.wesh.com/news/pd-death-of...cious/29670036
    Just my opinion

That does not sound like a suicide to me.

HMS Hood
    Mighty Hood
    Pennant Number: 51
    Motto: Ventis Secundis ("With Favourable Winds")
    May 15, 1920-May 24, 1941

Quote Originally Posted by HMSHood View Post
    That does not sound like a suicide to me.
    I don't believe it was suicide at all. And I can hear what the guy says on the background of 911 call. And it doesn't sound like "I did it" but it's not "inaudible."
    I can hear what he says.

They certainly could enhance that tape, because what the guy said sounds pretty damning to me. Does anybody else hear the same thing?

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/dad-says...ommit-suicide/
    Last edited by jjenny; 11-14-2014 at 07:31 PM.
    Just my opinion

I hear the background person saying "I didn't kill em"... kinda defensively. What do YOU hear?

That said, who'd commit suicide with others right there? I wonder how common that is...
    "I arise in the morning torn between a desire to improve the world and a desire to enjoy the world. This makes it hard to plan the day."
    - E. B. White

Quote Originally Posted by AzPistonsGirl View Post
    I hear the background person saying "I didn't kill em"... kinda defensively. What do YOU hear?

That said, who'd commit suicide with others right there? I wonder how common that is...
    I hear the opposite. I don't hear "didn't" there at all. I hear "just" instead of "didn't."
    How would "I didn't kill em" make sense considering female responds "No, you didn't. Relax. You didn't kill him."
    By the way female caller claimed that they believed the gun wasn't loaded (suggesting an accident) and that the victim was stressed(suggesting suicide). Which one is it?
    If we are believe the female witness (as reported), the future meteorologist came over, stressed and making suicidal statements, and they gave him a gun to play with?
    Last edited by jjenny; 11-14-2014 at 07:43 PM.
    Just my opinion

Oh, I don't believe it was suicide for one second - just wanted to say what I thought I heard. I don't hear past tense on the word "kill". And the female could reassuring him that no, he didn't kill him. Makes no sense, just playing devil' advocate. This will be ugly no matter how it plays out. Sorry for you kiddo...

ETA: listening again several times, with your suggestion of what you hear and honestly, I don't hear what you heard, even with the suggestion. I am NOT defending anyone here, I want justice for this guy too and don't think he killed himself.
    - E. B. White

Quote Originally Posted by AzPistonsGirl View Post
    Oh, I don't believe it was suicide for one second - just wanted to say what I thought I heard. I don't hear past tense on the word "kill". And the female could reassuring him that no, he didn't kill him. Makes no sense, just playing devil' advocate. This will be ugly no matter how it plays out. Sorry for you kiddo...

ETA: listening again several times, with your suggestion of what you hear and honestly, I don't hear what you heard, even with the suggestion. I am NOT defending anyone here, I want justice for this guy too and don't think he killed himself.
    I don't hear past tense of the word "kill" either. But I hear "just" and not "didn't." To me it sounds very clear. Even if the sentence isn't exactly grammatically correct.
    Then the female caller's response makes sense.
    Here is another video that has parts of 911 call.

http://www.wesh.com/news/pd-death-of...cious/29670036
    Just my opinion

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast