Subway barriers could prevent deaths, Toronto public health says

ebonydarkness

Reaction score
http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/201...revent_deaths_toronto_public_health_says.html

Between 7 p.m. Monday and 11 a.m. Tuesday, there were three suicide attempts, including one fatality, on the subway system, Toronto Transit Commission spokesman Brad Ross confirms.
The horrifying incidents shut down parts of the subway lines for a combined 225 minutes, causing major delays for thousands of passengers.

I was on a train Monday night when the TTC announced the first "personal injury at track level." Transferred to a different line and they announced the second "incident." Two of my friends were affected as well. Despite my awareness of past subway suicides through the few incidents that make it on the news and in social media postings, it was quite shocking for me to experience the immediate aftermath in person for the first time, even though I did not see the actual victims jumping. And it happened twice in one day. Most of these incidents are impulsive and would have been prevented had there been a barrier. But on the other hand I don't want fares to go up to cover the cost because I'm already cash strapped and dependent on the TTC.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave
Back