Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please continue posting here.

:judge:

There is a Sidebar thread for all personal and trial related discussions. Please keep this thread free of personal discussions and the chit chat. A little bit is okay but going back and forth regarding personal issues should be moved over to the Sidebar.

Thanks, Lamchop

The good news yesterday was the judge grew a pair and told KN to get a move on.

The bad news is that he's doing that at an even slower pace than during the original trial.

Guess we get to hear the "expert" expound on parental abuse of Jodi today and how that tiny wooden spoon warped her psychologically and turned her into a cold blooded killer.

Okay, my eyes gave out yesterday, way too early and I had to take a break. Up at 4 AM and read EVERY post I missed on the last thread. I'm posting this from the previous thread:

MeeBee

I also remember Chris saying something to the effect of he wishes the state would just call him so he could explain.

I tiny snippet of what BK had to say last night was that the Hughes couldn't be called in the guilt phase due to hearsay evidence.

Hmmm... hearsay evidence IS allowed here and I hope he and Sky are called as rebuttal witnesses, unless MM doesn't need them because he will totally shred this expert.

Remember, for a while under direct, ALV was very much approved of by many, including some of us here. That only lasted until she started slamming Travis and completely toted the defense case off to the jury. Then, she couldn't behave like a true professional on cross. That's when the excoriation by the public came out loud and clear and chased her to the emergency room.

I'm sure Fonseca has been warned by the DT to behave herself and act professionally. Who knows when Nurmi will ever be done with her?

Hey everyone, Good morning  after reading all those emails I feel even more sad for Travis. What pressure he was under, get married, get married, get married! He was only 30 years old. If he still loved Deanna or not, what did it matter, at the time he wasn’t ready to get married, not to her, not to anyone. My son is 45 and he still is not married, I believe he will never marry, so what! Since he discovered females in his teens he has had a million girlfriends. And yes, there were friends with benefits. There are males who marry late in life, George Clooney comes to mind. Some never marry. I understand the Mormon religion, my older brother is Mormon, all of his kids are married, but not before they all got their degrees, even the girls who have chosen to be stay at home Mom’s. Yesterday seemed to move along at a steady pace, hopefully this judge will keep today the same. I do hope when Juan Martinez questions this witness one question he asks her is how does she know what Travis’ penis looks like. LOL I wonder if this witness will ask Juan Martinez if he needs a time out!

Was this Dr the secret witness?

I believe that was Jodi. Someone wrote that might have been the end of her testimony since she wanted secrecy but that JM would not get to cross her now. We don't know for sure. Nurmi was told by JSS to continue with his other witnesses.

IMHO, I don't think a witness can testify and not be cross-examined. There will be more about the "secret" witness to come...

Guess we get to hear the "expert" expound on parental abuse of Jodi today and how that tiny wooden spoon warped her psychologically and turned her into a cold blooded killer.

You mean we don't have another week or two of her reading emails and KN talking about Jekyll/Hyde/T-Dogg before she gets to the wooden spoon?

Right, whoever it is, will need to be cross examined, if they haven't yet, after the court makes its ruling. Even if they refuse to continue, the judge will order them to submit to a cross examination.

Different day. Same circus. I'm not that emotionally invested in this trial (highly interested for sure) and I'm so exhausted and tired...can only imagine how the fam must feel

Can't wait to see how the "expert" interprets the Hughes' progression from Jan 2007 and these emails we are discussing now to where they realized they too were duped by CMJA's manipulation and in the end prohibited her from entering their home, afraid for their children. How the expert will explain the Hughes & Travis having what they thought was a private conversation in a closed room, Skye feeling the hair on the back of her neck stand up, and Travis opening the door to find our murderess eavesdropping. I am confident Juan will drive this home. I also can't see how an expert can draw assumptions and speak of these assumptions as fact when she never interviewed the Hughes or Travis. This is all hearsay, fluff! Alyce LV all over again, with no snark - yet. It will be an entirely different atmosphere when Juan has his go at her.

And another thing that bothers me very very much is referring to Travis as "TDogg" while giving testimony. I feel this is highly disrespectful to the dead Travis. I think referring to him by a nickname is another slap in his face, like he had a duo personally, which of course is the DT goal. The victim is relegated to a parody while the killer is afforded all these rights including the ok to trash the poor victim over and over again. It's absolutely abhorable. I trust that Juan will sort it all out for the jury so they see the truth... that CMJA was obsessed with Travis, she stalked him, and it was unhealthy. That Travis, because he was a nice person, didn't want to hurt Jodi so let her actions slide again & again, until finally his patience wore out and he saw that only being blunt was the way to deal with her, thinking she was 1000 miles away and couldn't hurt him, as I have no doubt he was scared of her emotional lability. And then she shows up at his doorstep and unfortunately the rest is history.

Good morning!

Took a deep breath last night and went to the rabbit hole website devoted to the earth angel. Curious what her 6 die hard groupies thought about yesterday morning.:happydance::crazy:

They did not disappoint. Someone re-tweeted a good morning from MDL , and her message " today will be GREAT!". Another salivated at the prospect of seeing Flores and JM led out of the court room in handcuffs. The remaining few mulled over where CMJA could live when she got out.

Their anticipation grew and grew, and then ......Nurmi lost on cameras (growls ensued),then on taking witnesses out of order (howls of -that is just MEAN!!) and then.....JM's smackdown of Nurmi's deletion motion.

Oh, the gnashing of teeth then! But, so brief. Mostly stunned silence until testimony was over for the day. Then the denial machine began spewing fog. They counsel each other to be patient, that JSS hasn't read the motion yet. All will be well and the earth Angel will fly free soon.......

Good morning!

Took a deep breath last night and went to the rabbit hole website devoted to the earth angel. Curious what her 6 die hard groupies thought about yesterday morning.:happydance::crazy:

They did not disappoint. Someone re-tweeted a good morning from MDL , and her message " today will be GREAT!". Another salivated at the prospect of seeing Flores and JM led out of the court room in handcuffs. The remaining few mulled over where CMJA could live when she got out.

Their anticipation grew and grew, and then ......Nurmi lost on cameras (growls ensued),then on taking witnesses out of order (howls of -that is just MEAN!!) and then.....JM's smackdown of Nurmi's deletion motion.

Oh, the gnashing of teeth then! But, so brief. Mostly stunned silence until testimony was over for the day. Then the denial machine began spewing fog. They counsel each other to be patient, that JSS hasn't read the motion yet. All will be well and the earth Angel will fly free soon.......
Lololololol [emoji24]

Good morning! Home sick from work today so it better be a good trial day!

Good morning!

LOL. They were seriously planning a big 'Welcome back!!!' party for her. Sorry about that Jodi but hey, Perryville awaits you with open arms. :happydance:

itzkatiex0, thanks for the trip to the dark side and taking the hit for us!

Was this Dr the secret witness?

No according to the media it was Jodi herself. Her testimony had stopped short of meeting Travis. And she is now refusing to testify with anyone in the Courtroom. Apparently this time she's "shy" eyeroll ....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member