Found Deceased TX - Rodrick Cassell, 24, Houston, 29 Aug 2014 *Arrest*

los2188

North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
Reaction score
Rodrick Darnell Cassell
622x350.jpg

Marine's family needs help finding missing Houston combat vet
The family of a Marine combat veteran from Houston missing since late August appealed to the public on Wednesday for helping finding their loved one. Rodrick Darnell Cassell, 24, has not been seen since the early hours of Aug. 29. According to Houston police Cassell told his girlfriend just after midnight that he was going to meet friends in the 11900 block of Hunkler Drive in Southeast Houston near Pearland. After a few hours of not hearing from him his girlfriend alerted family members and later police. HPD's missing persons unit worked the case for a month before homicide took it on. Cassell was driving a 2007 black Toyota Camry with Texas license plates number CTS-3800 when he went missing nearly three months ago. The car was owned by his mother, Yolanda Broussard. She spoke at a Wednesday morning press conference appealing for any information on her son's whereabouts. The car was equipped with LoJack, a vehicle recovery system. It was activated when he went missing, but there have been no hits on the vehicle.

"This is totally out of character for him," Broussard said Wednesday. Cassell is one of 10 siblings, the baby of the bunch. As the holiday season approaches his family would like to have him back home and has offered up a reward. She describes her son as a witty, loving young man. For him to be out of touch with family this long is troublesome. The day before he went missing he had been at a family function and according to Broussard her and her son had had a great conversation. "The last thing he told me was that he loved me and that he was going home," Broussard said. His sister, Dykeba Frank, said he was recently in her wedding. In the picture she shared of him from the wedding he looked to be the life of the party.

http://www.mysanantonio.com/houston...or-help-in-finding-missing-Marine-5888007.php

So this young Marine goes missing on August 29th and we're just now hearing about it with Veteran's Day on the minds of many. As a former military brat I'm saddened by this. I hope that you're found safe and sound young man. Thank you sir for your service.

Friends told Houston police Cassell left their address to return to his home at about 12:15 a.m. According to officers, Cassell's girlfriend did not hear from him for several hours, and neither she nor family members were able to reach him by phone.

"When he left the house he told his girlfriend he was leaving and he was going to meet with a friend, and we never heard from him again. He didn't come home," said his sister, Dykeba Frank.

~~

His car was equipped with LoJack, a vehicle recovery system. It was activated when he went missing, but there have been no hits on the vehicle.

http://www.click2houston.com/news/i...elp-to-find-missing-former-us-marine/29681944

Per some tweets, he goes by RaRa.

He was wearing a blue and orange Adidas shirt, brown Levi jeans and blue Adidas tennis shoes.

and he's an older (than teen) black male, so sadly, he just won't garner the same attention as others who go missing in these circumstances....

If Lojack is not getting any "hits" - what does that mean? The car HAS to be somewhere, right? Perhaps submerged so not able to communicate with LoJack?

and he's an older (than teen) black male, so sadly, he just won't garner the same attention as others who go missing in these circumstances....

If Lojack is not getting any "hits" - what does that mean? The car HAS to be somewhere, right? Perhaps submerged so not able to communicate with LoJack?
I hate to think it, but I hope his car isn't at the bottom of a lake or in an unseen ditch somewhere.

http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/mpch/mpdetailsPrintt2.asp?id='M9/3/20142:07:11PM'&Person=Missing Person
Rodrick Darnell Cassell
Case Number: M1409001 Case Type: Other
Height: 6' 02" Weight: 190 lbs.
Date of Birth: 8/2/1990 Age Missing: 24
Eye Color: Brown Hair Color: Black
Race: Black Sex: Male
Last Seen in: Houston (Harris County) Last Seen on: 8/29/2014
State Missing From: Texas Country Missing From: USA

Miscellaneous Notes: Mr. Cassell was last seen wearing a blue and orange "Addidas" brand shirt with brown jeans and blue and orange "Addidas" brand shoes. He was last seen driving a black 2007 Toyota Camry bearing Texas license plate CTS3800.
dps
Anyone with additional information or questions regarding this case should contact
Texas Department of Public Safety, Missing Persons Clearinghouse
PO Box 4087, Austin, Texas 78773-0450; or by phone at 512-424-5074 or 1-800-346-3243

http://www.khou.com/story/news/2015/02/04/cranes-to-lift-vehicles-from-houston-bayous/22889179/

There's an ongoing effort to remove more than a hundred vehicles submerged in Houston's bayous which are popular dumping grounds for criminals... Some families are also hoping for closure in finding their missing loved ones.

Twenty-four-year-old Rodrick Cassel is a decorated Marine who served in Afghanistan. He went missing from Houston on August 29th. His mother Yolanda Broussard said, "We've searched everywhere for my son." She added, "They've never found the car or my son."

Her fear? Both are in Sims Bayou.

How right you could be los2188 with them searching Sims Bayou.

Sent from my HTC One_M8

Man accused of alleged murder of former Marine appears in court http://www.khou.com/story/news/crim...lling-of-ex-marine-appears-in-court/72567876/

"During the court hearing Monday, prosecutors read aloud probable cause documents, which accuse Malone and another person of shooting and killing Cassell. Prosecutors tell KHOU 11 that key information from witnesses on how Cassell was killed and where he could be found led them to his body and a burned out vehicle."

Right now they aren't saying exactly where he or his car were found, I wonder why they'd keep that quiet ??

This guy vanishes without a trace for over a year, and now they are playing coy with information about what happened to him and where it happened.

Right now they aren't saying exactly where he or his car were found, I wonder why they'd keep that quiet ??

This guy vanishes without a trace for over a year, and now they are playing coy with information about what happened to him and where it happened.

Maybe it is in a different county and there are evidentiary and/or procedural issues to address? Harris county is huge, but there are other counties nearby that are not as populated and developed, such as Montgomery or Galveston.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back