1087 users online (269 members and 818 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 48 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - 11/14/14

Please continue to post through the weekend starting with this thread.

As I said, iirc, Travis was having dinner at his friends home. Don't remember which one. It was the week before his murder. One person said it was Dave Hall. Another said it was a doctor friend, maybe his roommates dad? It was brought up in the first trial. AZlawyer just said she didn't see how it would be relevant. To me everything should be relevant and come out. I saw Beth Karas say tonight that JM would have his own strategy and use what he needs to. I don't understand it myself. The court of law has become pretty much a game. Maybe it always was. I don't like it at all.
    Bringing over Curious in Indiana's post from the last thread.

For something to be relevant, it has to make some fact at issue more or less likely to be true.

So what can the jury consider in this phase? (1) The circumstances of the offense (just how premeditated and cruel was this, etc.)--Travis's feeling that he might turn up dead is not relevant to the circumstances of the offense. (2) Other things that could justify a life vs. death sentence for Jodi--Travis's feeling that he might turn up dead also has nothing to do with whether Jodi's life is worth sparing.

"It would seem to me that June 16, 2008 was the last time that the victim was viewed by her grandparents. It became quite evident that from the OS of the Defense that the 16th was a date of great importance and that a so called time line of activities dealing with CA, LA, GA and ICA on the 16th and what, if any, activities took place on the 15th, 16th and 17th of June on 24 hour cycles would have been, at least, of a minimal requirement of review. I take it at some point you had a computer expert look at that data?" HHJP, 6/21/11
    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...139910&page=94

Quote Originally Posted by Caylee Advocate View Post
    I suppose we will all grow old before she ever accepts full responsibility and apologizes. I myself have been played, and I myself have been a player.... I sure didn't ever consider butchering anyone. I just moved on.

It will never happen.
    Sometimes I wonder....she said something to Flores about not being able to move on...did she kill Travis in order to be able to "move on" to another PPL target, Ryan Burns? She had already invested nearly two years in her futile attempt to marry Travis...she wanted a man to commit to her, Travis refused. She saw the Mormans as the best option for a quick marriage. Hard working, family oriented, nice men But would Travis rat her out? Tell people in PPL/Ryan that she was a "skank"? A psycho who slashes tires, hacks emails, runs phones etc?
    To her, Travis rejected her after she'd left Daryl, her house, converted to his religion, had #threeholewonder sex with him. She was 27, alone, crummy job, living in grandmas small house. She knew she wasn't going to Cancun or the alter with Travis but was he going to ruin her shot at rebounding and snagging her next Morman man? Maybe she didn't want to take that chance.
    Idk
    Last edited by TexMex; 11-14-2014 at 12:23 AM.

Corpus Christi, Texas

Regarding the secret witness: Does JM have the right to cross-examine that person? If it was JA, she has a right to not take the stand, but if she has taken the stand and testified in front of the jury, the state should have an opportunity to cross-examine her, even if she is now executing her right to not take the witness stand (because the media was allowed back in).

Will the DT get away with testimony in front of the jury that the state cannot question in front of that jury?

Quote Originally Posted by krkrjx View Post
    Regarding the secret witness: Does JM have the right to cross-examine that person? If it was JA, she has a right to not take the stand, but if she has taken the stand and testified in front of the jury, the state should have an opportunity to cross-examine her, even if she is now executing her right to not take the witness stand (because the media was allowed back in).

Will the DT get away with testimony in front of the jury that the state cannot question in front of that jury?
    No. JM will be allowed to cross-examine the secret witness.

"It would seem to me that June 16, 2008 was the last time that the victim was viewed by her grandparents. It became quite evident that from the OS of the Defense that the 16th was a date of great importance and that a so called time line of activities dealing with CA, LA, GA and ICA on the 16th and what, if any, activities took place on the 15th, 16th and 17th of June on 24 hour cycles would have been, at least, of a minimal requirement of review. I take it at some point you had a computer expert look at that data?" HHJP, 6/21/11

Talking

From the last thread, got caught in the door:
    Quote Originally Posted by bsk
    Great idea! Stealing the gun, getting two gas cans, getting a third can, getting the most nondescript rental car possible, flipping the plates, destroying her laptop, destroying evidence, sending the post-murder message, grinding with Ryan, etc. -- "Ma'am, are you saying that each of these acts was caused by what you are claiming was Mr Alexander's so-called 'abuse' or were they the acts of a person planning, carrying out, and then covering up a murder?"
    Don't forget hair-dyeing!
    This is the year to locate Mark Dribin http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...ht=Mark+Dribin NamUs MP#876 and Ilene Misheloff http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...lene+Misheloff NamUs MP#6410 and bring them home to their families!

Parents watch your children. Free-range parenting leads to more child victims.

Cruelty to humans begins with cruelty to animals.

I believe in closure, not forgiveness. I'm also unapologetically judgemental.

JeSuisJuif
    JeSuisCharlie

Quote Originally Posted by AZlawyer View Post
    No. JM will be allowed to cross-examine the secret witness.
    How does this play out in closings?

thank you for inspiring me travis alexander

My posts are 100% my opinion with whatever bias I enjoy. Please read accordingly!

Quote Originally Posted by AZlawyer View Post
    Bringing over Curious in Indiana's post from the last thread.

For something to be relevant, it has to make some fact at issue more or less likely to be true.

So what can the jury consider in this phase? (1) The circumstances of the offense (just how premeditated and cruel was this, etc.)--Travis's feeling that he might turn up dead is not relevant to the circumstances of the offense. (2) Other things that could justify a life vs. death sentence for Jodi--Travis's feeling that he might turn up dead also has nothing to do with whether Jodi's life is worth sparing.
    But if Travis has said he wished JA was dead then we'd be hearing about it for sure, even though that seems even more irrelevant from a logical viewpoint.

Quote Originally Posted by katiecoolady View Post
    How does this play out in closings?
    Well, by then hopefully the Ct App will have clarified that the secrecy was not OK, so the closings will be able to occur in open court.

Yes, he does, but that won't keep L. Kirk from objecting.

No, they won't.

As I understand it, the prosecutor may even cross-examine the accused who exercises right of allocution.

And as we all know, JA is too allocute by half.

Quote Originally Posted by bsk View Post
    But if Travis has said he wished JA was dead then we'd be hearing about it for sure, even though that seems even more irrelevant from a logical viewpoint.
    Probably, because that would fit in with JA's story that he overreacted to things and was abusive.

Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    Yes, he does, but that won't keep L. Kirk from objecting.

No, they won't.

As I understand it, the prosecutor may even cross-examine the accused who exercises right of allocution.

And as we all know, JA is too allocute by half.
    JM can't cross-examine JA's allocution, but he can introduce evidence to rebut any new things she raises in allocution.

AZL what do you think of the timing of the two victim impact statements? I think they might have Samantha speak too but later? Does that make sense?

thank you for inspiring me travis alexander

My posts are 100% my opinion with whatever bias I enjoy. Please read accordingly!

@TrialDiariesJ: The Hughes have been speaking up on social media saying this expert didn't interview them 4 context #jodiarias

@TrialDiariesJ: Hughes also state they haven't been called to testify #jodiarias
    "He who introduces KY into the relationship is no abused virgin." - Aristotle

Page 1 of 48 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast