Florida "health institute" lures aboriginal girls with promise of curing leukemia

Snoopster

Reaction score
A Florida health resort licensed as a “massage establishment” is treating a young Ontario First Nations girl with leukemia using cold laser therapy, Vitamin C injections and a strict raw food diet, among other therapies.

The mother of the 11-year-old girl, who can not be identified because of a publication ban, says the resort’s director, Brian Clement, who goes by the title “Dr.,” told her leukemia is “not difficult to treat.”

http://www.cbc.ca/news/aboriginal/doctor-treating-first-nations-girls-says-cancer-patients-can-heal-themselves-1.2832760

This follows on the heals of a similar recent case of another young aboriginal girl from Ontario who went to the same "health institute", and she is now reportedly in critical condition. And, the director's credentials don't seem to be holding up to scrutiny.

Based on "reviews" I've seen online, the director of Hippocrates Health Institute seems to have been speaking in a number of cities across Canada recently. If, as his institute states, they can cure cancer much better than traditional "expensive" medical facilities, then why would he have the time/interest to speak at mid-sized Canadian cities? Heck, they even have reviews on TripAdvisor. According to the reviews, you can stay at sub-par accommodations, eat basic raw foods, be charged a premium for a 'consultation' with a staff member and staff members aren't particularly friendly. And yet they get 4 stars. Hmmm. JMO. MOO.

It is my opinion (definitely my opinion only) that these people at the "institute" are potentially culpable for murder. Luring people away from established medical programs that could save their lives, while offering raw veggies in return and no medical or holistic health credentials.

:maddening:

This makes me so angry. I was 11 when I was diagnosed with Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia (ALL). Yes, chemo is poison but it's proven to "cure" leukemia. There should be (and I think there are) places that not only treat a leukemia patient with traditional treatment as well as using holistic medicine.

I couldn't finish reading the article but I hope the mom wises up and takes her daughter where there's a 95 percent chance of survival. I've been surviving for forty-one years after being diagnosed. I don't normally wish bad things on people but I hope the people taking advantage of these desperate, scared people will get paid back (and not in a good way).

Sault went to the Hippocrates Health Institute in West Palm Beach, which believes in curing cancer with a positive attitude as well as eating a raw plant-based organic diet and clearing your life of contaminants. The other girl refusing chemotherapy sought similar treatment.
The institute’s co-director, Brian Clement, has come to Ontario — including Six Nations — at least twice in the past six months.

http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2014/11/14/ontario_girl_can_rely_on_traditional_medicine_to_treat_cancer_court_rules.html

I am very sympathetic to the families of these two young girls. I can't imagine how difficult it must be to watch your child suffer in pain from chemo.

Hugs to all!

The part I do have difficulty with is people taking advantage of a family as they watch their loved one suffer. It's simply predatory.

I wish these two girls nothing but love and good health.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
soababiotiling
Back