690 users online (102 members and 588 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 94 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Rape allegations haunt Bill Cosby in the digital age

Well it looks like Bill Cosby made a stupid decision on his twitter account. He sort of "Streisand Effected" himself.

http://us.cnn.com/2014/11/14/showbiz...html?hpt=hp_c2

Rape allegations haunt Bill Cosby in the digital age
    By Todd Leopold and Ben Brumfield, CNN
    updated 5:08 AM EST, Fri November 14, 2014

...The Tweet

On Monday, the comedian -- or whomever was in charge of his social media -- put out a challenge with a jovial picture of Cosby in a cap: "Go ahead. Meme me! #cosbymeme."

The Internet immediately reacted, but probably not in the way Cosby expected.

"Claire, have you seen my ... nevermind, found my raping hat!" tweeted Trill Withers over the cap picture....

B2Hg3UVIcAA2AlS.png

There's a lot more to this and I suggest reading the entire article before commenting.

I had never heard of these allegations until recently and was surprised about them. Awful.

Bill Cosby appearance on David Letterman CANCELLED amid uproar over sexual assault allegations

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...legations.html

BetteDavisEyes is offline "Fasten your seatbelts. It's going to be a bumpy night."
    Bill Cosby's guest shot with Letterman canceled

FRAZIER MOORE, AP
    2 hours ago

NEW YORK (AP) — Bill Cosby's upcoming appearance on CBS' "Late Show with David Letterman" has been canceled amid a growing uproar over allegations that he sexually assaulted several women in past decades.

Cosby spokesman David Brokaw confirmed Friday night that Cosby would not appear next Wednesday as previously scheduled. He did not say why.

"Late Show" representative Kimberly Izzo-Emmet said, "We can't comment on the guest booking process." She said Regis Philbin would be the replacement guest...

http://xfinity.comcast.net/articles/...sby-Letterman/

A little curious as to why this wasn't reported when it occurred.
    Neither defending nor accusing Mr. Cosby , but if he is innocent in this, is there any other reason why this is just coming out now ?

If it truly happened... NO ONE is above the law. Just having money or being a celeb does not mean you can assault and/or mistreat others.

Maybe Cosby is being targeted because he told young blacks to pull up their pants, and other inconvenient truths. I do not believe a word of it.

Quote Originally Posted by LietKynes View Post
    Neither defending nor accusing Mr. Cosby , but if he is innocent in this, is there any other reason why this is just coming out now ?

If it truly happened... NO ONE is above the law. Just having money or being a celeb does not mean you can assault and/or mistreat others.
    It was reported back when the lawsuit happened. Did you read the article?

An allegation doesn't make it true. I just am so tired of people accusing celebrities of things, those celebrities then being tainted but the accusation without it even coming to trial or formal charges.
    It is crappy IMO.
    Atticus Finch: “You never really understand a person . . . until you consider things from his point of view.” To Kill A Mockingbird

All my posts are my opinion only.

I hope this is not true. I really enjoy and appreciate Bill as a performer and value his "inconvenient truths" as trident termed them. It would be a shame if this turned out to be true

Websleuths now on Facebook

Welcome to all new members. Thank you for joining the conversation. Please take a moment to become familiar with the TOS and rules, etiquette and information.

mni wiconi I Stand With Standing Rock

Quote Originally Posted by Steely Dan View Post
    It was reported back when the lawsuit happened. Did you read the article?
    Briefly. Went back to it just now.
    It's too bad Barbara Bowman wasn't taken more seriously at the time.

Very sad if any of this is true. Always thought Bill Cosby seemed to be more 'grounded' in his thinking, than some other celebs.

Quote Originally Posted by LietKynes View Post

It was reported. I remember reading about it years ago.

IMO there are too many women who've made claims (for years) for this to be untrue.

Quote Originally Posted by Masterj View Post
    IMO there are too many women who've made claims (for years) for this to be untrue.
    Again just because someone says something does not mean it is true. Autumn Jackson went to prison for trying to extort money from him. He has claimed he has had affairs, and that to me is between him and his wife, But rape? There has to be more to it than someone's say so for me to believe it. It is too easy now for women to say the word rape and ruin someone even if it is not true.

I want women who have been assaulted to get real justice but to me that starts in Court not the papers.
    Atticus Finch: “You never really understand a person . . . until you consider things from his point of view.” To Kill A Mockingbird

All my posts are my opinion only.

Just sad.
    Never met the man, but I still remember as a kid watching a 'toon called "Fat Albert" ; and B.Cosby would have a little bit to say at the end of each show.
    He (B.C.) just seemed more sensible in what he had to say ; especially to those of his ethnicity and culture.

From your link Steely:

"In late October, comedian Hannibal Buress bluntly attacked what he perceived as Cosby's "smuggest old black man public persona" by saying, "Yeah, but you rape women, Bill Cosby, so turn the crazy down a couple notches. 'I don't curse onstage.' Well, yeah, you're (a) rapist, so I'll take you saying lots of m*****f*****s on 'Bill Cosby: Himself' if you weren't a rapist."

I wonder what the motivation was for this comedian to bring this up? I have never heard of Mr. Buress before, just wondering what prompted him to include the allegations in his routine.
    Last edited by Blondie in Spokane; 11-15-2014 at 10:16 PM.

Page 1 of 94 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast