Flippy Esso

Rupert

Former Member
Reaction score
Well, I am not sure there was an intruder or not, but assuming IDI: this old thread by Toth caught my eye. I don't think it was explored far enough, so here goes:

Toth started his thread with:
What do we know about Flippy Esso?

Note: "Flippy Esso" is the code name that has been being used for this "S.O." who "flipped out" soon after the murder. In this case, SO does not stand for Significant Other it stands for Sexual Offender. He worked for a sub contractor at the Ramsey home."

Toth later added:
"Flippy Esso was a young man. I usually emphasize that he is not a sex offender, he was merely convicted of being a sex offender and the registration is that of a person convicted of the offense, it is not an admission of having committed the offense for which he was covicted. It never is. Registration merely acknowledged the conviction, not the offense.

He had 'troubles' with wealth issues and he was just 'cheap labor' to paint the Ramsey home for a sub-contractor."

The "wealth issues" and sex offense conviction really jumped out at me. Can you imagine sweating for low pay and home comes all the kids for lunch? Next thing you know, John's company is surpassing a billion and his cute little daughter is the Queen Bee.

Also, the word: "paint" strikes out at me. The makeshift garrot was fashioned with the use of a broken paint brush. Sure, you couldn't paint a house with it, but it was a paint brush nevertheless. Another part of the paint brush was left in the paint tray and I recall it stated somewhere that the 3rd part of the broken paint brush was used to further hurt JonBenet in her genital. The perp took the 3rd part of the paint brush away to save it as a trophy or get rid of the evidence.

Of course a knot was tied around the garrot paint brush handle. So maybe the knot's another hint.

The garrot was makeshift for some reason. Of course it was used as a deadly tool of control. But why the paint brush? Why not bring your own tools? Perhaps that would be too obvious.

As Toth said, refer to them as Flippy Esso.

I well remember when Toth was posting about Flippy. I stayed confused much of the time, however, because Toth was somewhat cryptic in his postings. Instead of coming out and saying things directly, he often hinted at things about this guy. Anyway, I was interested in Flippy and still am. Is there a way to resurrect the old posts here?

Nehemiah said:
I well remember when Toth was posting about Flippy. I stayed confused much of the time, however, because Toth was somewhat cryptic in his postings. Instead of coming out and saying things directly, he often hinted at things about this guy. Anyway, I was interested in Flippy and still am. Is there a way to resurrect the old posts here?

Nehemiah,

Please don't rely on anything Toth had to say. He's a fiction writer. Toth never gave a source for ANYTHING he posted on WS, which means it was nothing short of interesting . He posted first person, as if he was there and witnessed what he was writing about. As you know, Toth posts at the swamp under a different hat and his posts there champions everything the Ramseys say or do.

BlueCrab said:
Nehemiah,

Please don't rely on anything Toth had to say. He's a fiction writer. Toth never gave a source for ANYTHING he posted on WS, which means it was nothing short of interesting . He posted first person, as if he was there and witnessed what he was writing about. As you know, Toth posts at the swamp under a different hat and his posts there champions everything the Ramseys say or do.
BlueCrab: He's a writer? He posted first person? Sounds like a character in a movie. Please tell us more why you think so.

I kind of think he was just afraid to come out and say the name. After all everyone was thinking the RDI and why drag some one who might be innocent through the mud. To be honest, I feel the same way. Yet, the paint brush and the knots might have been hints, just like the language of the RN.

Consider that the Ramseys might have 'lawyered up' just because they were scared. Ramseys had never worn an ankle bracelet. The RN screams of anger and fantasy. The garrot was brutal. I would be shocked and scared too.

Well, we are all looking for the same answer: the truth. It may not be so simple, but it might be just stupid.

Take care and lock the doors.

Edited to add: Previously from tipper:
How closely was the painter who caused all the flooding and damage right before the house our looked at? I would expect he lost his job over that.

Rupert said:
BlueCrab: He's a writer? He posted first person? Sounds like a character in a movie. Please tell us more why you think so.

Rupert,

By that I mean Toth was a good writer but brazenly posted as if he personally knew the Ramseys and had first-hand knowledge of events. IOW, as if he was there and saw or heard what he was posting about. Nada. It was fiction, more oftenly referred to as . I don't remember him backing up anything he posted with a source, despite numerous requests to do so.

Toth posts as DonBradley at the other WS. I don't recall him posting in the first person as though he was on the inside. A lot of what he said was opinion or possible scenarios. Kind of like you declaring it a "fact" that Burke's voice is on the enhanced tape none of us have heard.

Thanks, Tipper. DonBradley, Mr. conservative? Seems like a strange alias.

I just thought of something: painting, house renovations, construction drawings, drafting, Helgoth, Toth.

These workers had alot of access to the Ramsey house. I wondered how the flooding happened. Was it just an accident? Washing up some latex paint and just happened to leave the tap on? But apparently Flippy had issues with envy and sex. Again, no prehistory with the Ramsays.

BlueCrab, somehere there's Oxam'z razr on this. I get your point, but I still web search in case IDI.

Rupert said:
[...].

These workers had alot of access to the Ramsey house. I wondered how the flooding happened. Was it just an accident? Washing up some latex paint and just happened to leave the tap on? But apparently Flippy had issues with envy and sex. Again, no prehistory with the Ramsays.

[...].
Don't remember the details but... The Ramseys were out of town. A painter was working at the house finishing up a job. He'd been specifically told to be sure and close the window when he was through. He didn't. There was a storm and the wind caused something to fall over and turn the water faucet on. It ran for a couple days and flooded downstairs and up which had both been recently decorated. Much repair was needed and it all happened shortly before the house was due to be on the house tour.

It's in one of the interviews. Probably John's.

tipper said:
Don't remember the details but... The Ramseys were out of town. A painter was working at the house finishing up a job. He'd been specifically told to be sure and close the window when he was through. He didn't. There was a storm and the wind caused something to fall over and turn the water faucet on. It ran for a couple days and flooded downstairs and up which had both been recently decorated. Much repair was needed and it all happened shortly before the house was due to be on the house tour.

It's in one of the interviews. Probably John's.
"There was a storm and the wind caused something to fall over and turn the water faucet on." - I find that hard to believe. Taps don't turn that easy.

Rupert said:
If he is:
"Bradley--why did you quickly depart Colorado?"

Things might get interesting.

A quote by a "James Thompson"???
Is that NOT JT Colfax's real name?

The kitchen tap may have been 1 of the sort w/ long handles (kind of like those used in operating scrub rooms) That tap cld have reasonably "swung on" if something fell against it. (arthritis sufferers also like these b/c they're easier to use than "turn" knobs)

"It ran for a couple days and flooded downstairs and up which had both been recently decorated. Much repair was needed and it all happened shortly before the house was due to be on the house tour."

This suggests to me that the sink was atleast on the main floor. I don't recall such a tub on the main floor on drawings/photos of the house. I think there was one in the basement.

"I just thought of something: painting, house renovations, construction drawings, drafting, Helgoth, Toth."

I just thought if something further: Helgoth was a marksman and parachutist trained in the army. Article 118 of the UCMJ is all about murder. Coincidence? Or did the RN author have something to do with the army?

sissi said:
A quote by a "James Thompson"???
Is that NOT JT Colfax's real name?
Thanks for the "catch" Sissi. Per above, I don't know Colfax but his name appears to be James M. Thompson; not James K. Thompson. Who knows, lots of coincidences, eg. Hunter S. Thompson (sorry he's gone now) with the byline show: "Hey Rube", like Mrs. Santa.

I tend to agree with you, the note seems to have been written by design. I am big on Leopold & Loeb: "you must follow our instructions to the letter". Note in the Ramsay RN: "She is safe and unharmed and if you want her to see 1997, you must follow our instructions to the letter." By using that same line and part of the L&L RN, the perp is saying this is a lie, just like in the case of L&L with Bobby Franks who was already killed when they picked him up. She is not safe, she is harmed and she will not see 1997. Furthermore, by referring to UCMJ 118, they might have been saying she is in fact murdered. Watch the movie Rope, based on L&L. It's got all the same right under your nose trickery. If IDI, it is ingenious.

Now, anybody know who in that house got intrigued with Hitchcock and Rope and the list of Kidnap movie crimes? Some one young, but not as young as BR. The repeated "ifs" and percentages remind me of a strategic planner in the army. The RN exudes nothing but brutal orders.

Rupert said:
The repeated "ifs" and percentages remind me of a strategic planner in the army. The RN exudes nothing but brutal orders.

From Newsweek, 1997:

"The letter is full of commanding phrases like this one about 'immediate execution.' To VanZandt, they point to an author used to exerting authority over others."

Rupert said:
If he is:
"Bradley--why did you quickly depart Colorado?"

Things might get interesting.

Commentary on the Concentration Camps - Don Bradley :waitasec:

Dear friends,

"Recently, I sent out to the various news media an extremely small list of Concentration Camps recently built by your United States Government. As it happens, very few journalists acted upon the information and shared it with listeners/viewers/readers. Of course, once the information was made public, I've now become slandered, attacked, and called all sorts of names and the like. How interesting it is that when we bring truth to our world, the messenger is killed, even if symbolically"

"A friend of mine and I discovered 32 camps in just one county in Colorado alone. You can drive right up to them. However, the Department of Corrections in Colorado, the Marshall's Office, the County Sheriffs office, and the Federal agencies in Colorado all claim there is nothing at these sites except the lonesome prairie. That's just a flat out lie".

http://uts.cc.utexas.edu/~wbova/fn/gov/camps_01.htm

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back