692 users online (134 members and 558 guests)  

Websleuths News

Chicago suburbs

Any Interest in a Missing Persons Calendar Banner?

I was talking with my husband about an idea I had about a way to promote cold case missing persons. I'd like to do a banner for websites that would change daily and have the picture and info of a missing person come up on the anniversary of their going missing. My husband said he could write the script for me to do it and I was wondering if anyone would be interested in this and put it up on their websites? This is, of course, done as a community service, but I don't want to put all the time and effort into it and there be no interest.

What do you think?

I think its a great idea. Perhaps working through a missing persons nonprofit it could be pitched to larger companies as filler ads for when they have extra ad inventory they haven't sold. It could be a nice publicity thing for the right company especially given all the news these days about missing persons. They would probaby get a lot of PR for doing it.

New england
    i sugestion to pm kelly she runs this great missing persons program as well as Adopt a missing person button and info... i think it is a great idea and that it will be recived very well one cold case that i have always wanted to find answers to and to solve her vanishing is janice pockett july 1973 7 years old went missing while riding her bike in tolland ct... her ann is comming up next week its over 31 years and still no answers