Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - 11/17-11/18/14 In recess

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't the Judge call a 20 min recess today suddenly. I think I read that on twitter. If so maybe it had to do with what is happening with cancelling court for the next few days.

Didn't the Judge call a 20 min recess today suddenly. I think I read that on twitter. If so maybe it had to do with what is happening with cancelling court for the next few days.

There was a meeting of the attorneys called by the judge and when the came back it was announced trial cancelled for rest of day and until Thursday.

I am not sure if there was another recess earlier than that. If there was, I dont think a reason was given for it so it probably would not help us to figure out why the delay.

It sure seems like some generic explanation could have been given to the public. It could have been done without giving anything away. Like unforeseen death in someones family. Or something similar and just be generic about it.

There are usual breaks throughout the day. I think all the breaks were at the usual time.

Really....what is next on Jodi's agenda multiple personalities??

She lives for all this drama....I wish we knew who is visiting her...visitation logs and recordings like in Florida.

I am just wondering if it may have been on CMJA's end? Would court be in recess if something happened on her side of the family? I also wonder if any of the reporters noticed an absence of anyone that is normally in attendance? Inquiring minds want to know. LOL

There was a meeting of the attorneys called by the judge and when the came back it was announced trial cancelled for rest of day and until Thursday.

I am not sure if there was another recess earlier than that. If there was, I dont think a reason was given for it so it probably would not help us to figure out why the delay.

It sure seems like some generic explanation could have been given to the public. It could have been done without giving anything away. Like unforeseen death in someones family. Or something similar and just be generic about it.

The recess was prior to the incamera meeting iirc.

I agree a reason for the delay should have been made public unless person affected ask for it not to be.

This trial boggles my old mind in so many ways. I understand the wheels of justice turn slowly some time, but goodness this is beyond the pale.

I trust Mr M. will bring the trial back to what it is supposed to be and negate all the BS that has been allowed so far.

This must be so painful for TA's family, my heart goes out to them. I pray for them to have the strength to see this phase through.

Could it be something with JA's dad? Would they stop court for that??

Yes, but would a death in the family cause no trial for 2 whole days?

Since trial ended early, it's been bugging me all evening. Someone tweeted a screen shot of a docket. I finally remembered where to look for it. ta dah! Is this the *advertiser censored* on TA's computer that Nurmi wants to bring in? tia

11/14/2014 8:00 Oral Argument
11/17/2014 9:30 Trial
11/18/2014 9:30 Trial
11/21/2014 10:29 Evidentiary Hearing
1/23/2015 13:30 Status Conference
2/6/2015 13:30 Oral Argument

https://www.superiorcourt.maricopa....rtCases/caseInfo.asp?caseNumber=CR2008-031021

Could it be something with JA's dad? Would they stop court for that??

More likely a juror's family member- illness or death. Or maybe this witness had an anxiety attack like ALV.

Does anyone recall a letter that JA's mom sent to Judge Duncan (I believe it was when KN tried to get off the case in March of 2011). I recall reading it, wherein she said Mr. Arias had just had a heart attack, was on dialysis, and had been treated for lymphoma. She was pleading with the judge to keep KN on the case. She also said JA was an asset to other prisoners at the jail. Dang, I can't find it now. Off to look again.

****All I can find is the content of the letter and what she wrote. I can't find the actual document though, so I won't attempt to provide a link as I think it is against the TOS.

It would be awesome if Juan could or would submit clips from every bit of the trial where Jodi said this or that or Sky, Chris or Deanna...Lisa and so on! Lie after lie to give the defense & their expert an ugly eyefull of reality.

Now you see why I'm not a lawyer. ha ha

Dr. Fonseca reviewed a voluminous amount of evidence :thinking: :laughing: :hand: :nerves: . . .I don't know who is more delusional the good doctor or the convicted killer. What on earth does she mean:

vo·lu·mi·nous
[vuh-loo-muh-nuh s]
adjective

Examples of the word Voluminous:

1. The enormous amount of hot air Nurmi expels in conjunction with his witness.
2. Number of books in the Library of Congress
3. Pantene Shampoo
4. Book Sales Harry Potter Series

Rhymes with VOLUMINOUS

ignoramous, heinous, salacious, outrageous. . .fill in the blank ___________.

Dr. Fonseca reviewed a voluminous amount of evidence :thinking: :laughing: :hand: :nerves: . . .I don't know who is more delusional the good doctor or the convicted killer. What on earth does she mean:

vo·lu·mi·nous
[vuh-loo-muh-nuh s]
adjective

Examples of the word Voluminous:

1. The enormous amount of hot air Nurmi expels in conjunction with his witness.
2. Number of books in the Library of Congress
3. Pantene Shampoo
4. Book Sales Harry Potter Series

Rhymes with VOLUMINOUS

ignoramous, heinous, salacious, outrageous. . .fill in the blank ___________.

Tremendous amount. Damn at least she hasn't said "Big Picture" yet. Prediction she may say that on cross.

can any of our lawyers answer this... Since it's ok for the defense to use their expert to speak their opinions on what others testified in the first trial by playing videos of their testimony (the Freeman's), can Juan do the same? Example, during redirect of this witness, can he play video of Jodi testifying that she's the one who introduced KY? Can he show clips of ANY previous witness to prove this is all BS?

OK, I have been AFK most of the day. It's so hard to follow and put together tweets. I think what happened today is

Dell found Tony was a pedophilic pervert and court has been shut down until Thursday to locate him.

:thinking: Have I got that right or do I need to head upstream and over to Beths site to get the scoop?

I am just wondering if it may have been on CMJA's end? Would court be in recess if something happened on her side of the family? I also wonder if any of the reporters noticed an absence of anyone that is normally in attendance? Inquiring minds want to know. LOL

her dad, Bill is very ill. I think someone tweeted that the Arias's family came in late

In case anyone would like to browse selected Tweets from today from several different reporters in the courtroom, I've divided them up as follows:

Monday 11/17/14 morning until morning break
Monday 11/17/14 after break until lunch break
Monday 11/17/14 afternoon until afternoon break
Monday 11/17/14 after afternoon break until adjourned

The time indicated in the first column is PST, one hour earlier than Arizona.

....thanks Daisy, just seeing this! I should have looked here first to put together the tweets from today.

ETA: ILikeToBendPages, Daisy's tweets were an easy reference to find out "08:29AM @TrialDiariesJ Alexander family is all here, Jodi's mom, Flores etc #jodiarias" FWIW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
locallady50