775 users online (90 members and 685 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

NY - Poseidon Quinones, 3, beaten to death, grandpa charged, 15 Nov 2014

The death of a 3-year-old Bronx boy has been ruled a homicide, officials said Wednesday. An autopsy revealed that Poseidon Quinones died from trauma to his midsection and significant blows to the stomach, a spokeswoman for the city’s Medical Examiner said.

At the time of his death on Saturday, Poseidon was in the custody of his paternal grandmother, by order of the city Administration for Children’s Services. The grandmother had not been charged in connection with the boy’s death as of Wednesday afternoon.

Poseidon’s mother, Ashley Ramirez, 21, said she begged ACS officials to place him in foster care rather than in the grandmother’s custody. “I told ACS time and time again that my son wasn’t safe in her home,” Ramirez told the Daily News, alleging that the grandmother, whom she identified as Madeline Yensi, 46, had abused children in the past.
    http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/...icle-1.2016789
    Attached Images Attached Images

Not another lost little one! Rest in the arms of angels Poseidon. May justice be swift and severe!

http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local...288503981.html

A 34-year-old Bronx man has pleaded not guilty in the death of his 3-year-old step-grandson.

Fernando Yensi is charged with manslaughter in the death of little Poseidon Quinones...

Prosecutors say Yensi's wife, the boy's grandmother, was working on an overnight shift at the time of the incident. They say the boy had been placed into the care of the couple after the city Administration for Children's Services removed the child from his mother's home.

Then the title is incorrect and should be corrected by the mods--as it was the grandmother's husband who was the guilty one.

July 2015:

Poseidon Quinones was found dead last Nov. 16 due to a brutal beating at the hand of his step-grandfather, Fernando Yensi, police said...

The city’s Administration for Children’s Services pulled a child out of a broken home in the Bronx – and then left him in the care of a grandmother with a known history of violence, according to a lawsuit to be filed in Manhattan Federal Court Thursday...

Now, his parents, Ashley Ramirez and Benjamin Quinones, say the city ignored a wealth of information indicating Poseidon was under the same roof as a monster.

“They took him away from me and he died,” said Quinones, 23. “I think about it every day. Everything reminds me of him.”
    http://m.nydailynews.com/new-york/br...icle-1.2286083