GUILTY TX - Fugitive con artists & 7 kids turn up on grounded sailboat, Galveston, Nov 2014

tk71texas

wth is wrong with people today
Reaction score
this is so bizarre.....

GALVESTON – It's a mystery that started with a sinking sailboat and the amazing rescue of a couple and seven children.

Three weeks later, the family is missing and investigators have discovered they may have lied.

"Just got this strange feeling something's not right," said Sgt. Louis Trochesset with the Galveston County Sheriff's Office Marine Division. "I've heard they were going to the Virgin Islands, we've heard they were going down to Mexico."

http://www.khou.com/story/news/loca...-from-sinking-sailboat-has-vanished/19310469/

Suppose some people just like to be private.
Not sure why they'd give possible false identities ?
Hope those children are alright !

:moo:

did anyone follow their thread here? (I think there was one, will look now.)

ETA: Shrug. Perhaps not. I can't seem to find a thread from when they had to be rescued, but I really thought there was one.

did anyone follow their thread here? (I think there was one, will look now.)

ETA: Shrug. Perhaps not. I can't seem to find a thread from when they had to be rescued, but I really thought there was one.

RSBM

There was another thread about a different family... who needed rescuing from the (Indian?) Ocean when their toddler fell ill. Is that the one you're referring to ?
Quite a bit of controversy over whether they should have taken children on a journey that risky.

RSBM

There was another thread about a different family... who needed rescuing from the (Indian?) Ocean when their toddler fell ill. Is that the one you're referring to ?
Quite a bit of controversy over whether they should have taken children on a journey that risky.

yes, perhaps that was it. My no. 1 fear is dying in open water, so I never clicked that thread.

This is so bizarre. I wonder how they found out they gave them fake names. Do you think the adults are just nuts, or are trying to hide something?

Very strange. I'm worried about those children.

Weird. They paid cash for the boat 6 days before it went down...I wonder how much cash.

Also from Catch Kitty's link: "The boat can't be moved or checked for information inside until a 20-day waiting period is over to see if the owners show up."

That seems odd, I don't think police would need to wait that long to check inside a car crashed by the side of a road.

Isn't there any school that is missing these children? Well maybe they are homeschooled. Isn't any family or friends looking for 9 people!

My first thought: 3 weeks>20 days. Then I read the original article: the boat capsized Oct 31, so they should be able to tow it out today. I wonder why they haven't?

http://houston.culturemap.com/news/...ing-behind-sinking-sailboat-and-a-fake-trail/
"Just got this strange feeling something's not right," Sgt. Louis Trochesset of Galveston County Sheriff's Office Marine Division tells KHOU. "I've heard they were going to the Virgin Islands, we've heard they were going down to Mexico."

Volunteer firefighters from San Leon rescued the individuals from the partially-submerged sailboat. The youngest child on board was around a year old.

If the sailboat is causing public and/or environmental harm, it makes no sense that they would have to wait any amount of time. I agree, if a wrecked car were just abandoned alongside a road, I doubt it would take 20 days to have it towed somewhere. This story makes no sense.

you would think they would at least have some or all on camera at the hospital...so they could show that on the news as DO you Recognize these people??
was the whole family taken to the hospital with the child that was checked out, and all just left stranded at the hospital?? What did they tell the workers there? Did anyone see them leave? Was no one arranging lodging, clothing (like maybe Salvation Army?) Anything?
did LE find who they bought the boat from? What did they say??
VERY strange...couldn't be easy lurking around with that many children in tow.

Are there any pictures anywhere of the family? I wonder if this could be Heather Moggy and John Tucsok. Heather ran off with Tucsok in 2002 when she was 17 and is listed as a missing person. Tucsok is wanted by police in Canada. They disappeared and many people believe that they may be hiding in the US. Tucsok was part of some weird religious cult. I would fully expect that Heather was pregnant by the time she was 18 and could well have had 7 kids by now. They would lie about their identity and would be on the run.

Perhaps it's a longshot, but I'm always hopeful.

https://secure.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/missing-disparus/case-dossier.jsf?case=2006013199&id=&lang=en

Are there any pictures anywhere of the family? I wonder if this could be Heather Moggy and John Tucsok. Heather ran off with Tucsok in 2002 when she was 17 and is listed as a missing person. Tucsok is wanted by police in Canada. They disappeared and many people believe that they may be hiding in the US. Tucsok was part of some weird religious cult. I would fully expect that Heather was pregnant by the time she was 18 and could well have had 7 kids by now. They would lie about their identity and would be on the run.

https://secure.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/missing-disparus/case-dossier.jsf?case=2006013199&id=&lang=en

Also, if he/they were really religious, that would make sense why they have so many kids. Very well could be! Good catch.

The article you linked said he was associated with the AoG church. The Pentecostal denomination is a little different than other Christian denoms, but they're definitely not a cult :)

This story is just WAY bizarre. I guess if you have the cash on hand to buy a boat, you probably have access to funds to hide yourselves and 7 kids. Very weird.

How does one move a family of nine around?
Must have purchased a large vehicle

I'm guessing no health insurance info was given at the hospital, because that can be verified immediately, usually. Seems odd to have seven children, pay cash for a boat, and not have health insurance. Also, I'm guessing the boat wasn't registered.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back