Thread: Wife Leads N.H. Police to Murder Suspect

Wife Leads N.H. Police to Murder Suspect

A man accused of murdering a woman and burning her body asked his wife to dispose of a pile on their property that turned out to contain the woman's bones and jewelry, an investigator testified.

Kenneth Carpenter's wife instead called police, who identified the remains as those of 55-year-old Edith Pen Meyer, who had disappeared in February.

Authorities believe Carpenter, 53, killed Meyer and burned her body at a firepit at his house because she helped a woman with whom Carpenter had an affair get a restraining order against him. Bones were found earlier this year in the firepit.

http://www.nynewsday.com/news/nation...tion-headlines
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

A grand jury has indicted a man accused of killing a Goshen woman after she encouraged his girlfriend to break up with him.

Kenneth Carpenter, 54, of Lempster, was indicted on a first-degree murder charge in connection with the death of Edith "Pen" Meyer who went missing on Feb. 23, according to Senior Assistant Attorney General Will Delker.

Authorities accuse Carpenter of murdering Meyer because she helped Carpenter's girlfriend get a restraining order against him and advised her to stay away from him.

Court records show Sandra Merritt, 45, broke off an 11-month affair with Carpenter in November, then accused him of stalking her.

Carpenter repeatedly blamed Meyer for meddling in letters, confrontations and phone conversations, court documents show.
    http://www.boston.com/news/local/new...n.com+%2F+News
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight