1120 users online (232 members and 888 guests)  

Websleuths News

Should I post this in the Missing Forum?

Volunteer groups from Findlay, Dayton and Columbus are helping officials in Noble County search for a monkey that remains on the loose after escaping from his owner on Monday.

http://wkrc.com/news/state/story.asp...8-12F7E7503A50

Do you think I would get timed out if I posted this in the missing forum? Mods? anyone?
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

I don't think so darlin.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeana (DP)
    I don't think so darlin.
    Does that mean you don't think I should or you don't think I would get a time out?
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

This reminds me of a "family vacation" story. We always went camping across America, Canada, and Mexico for 3-6 week each summer when I was a kid. One year, while my brother was sleeping, we were driving down the interstate and I noticed something odd by the highway. About a mile or two later, I just couldn't stand it so I said, "Is it just me, or was there a monkey beside the road back there?" My parent started laughing hysterically--they had both seen it too, but thought that they had to have been imagining it!

Quote Originally Posted by mysteriew
    Does that mean you don't think I should or you don't think I would get a time out?

It means that I don't think that you should. I never said anything about a time out. The people who have family members missing and those people who work tiresly to bring them back home may not appreciate any "comparison" between a chimp and their loved ones. NOT that you were comparing, but you know what I mean.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeana (DP)
    It means that I don't think that you should. I never said anything about a time out. The people who have family members missing and those people who work tiresly to bring them back home may not appreciate any "comparison" between a chimp and their loved ones. NOT that you were comparing, but you know what I mean.
    Actually I was just kidding. The way they were talking in the article about the searches that were being conducted for the monkey, reminded me of the searches for the missing. Until a few years ago they couldn't get that much attention for missing people, and now they are looking for attention for a missing monkey.

This reminds me of a local case:

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/4723822/detail.html

K-9 dog went missing; scared by the 4th of July fireworks, apparently.