1118 users online (194 members and 924 guests)  

Websleuths News

KY - Inmate found dead in landfill, search continued for second

A prison inmate has been found dead in a Trimble County landfill, about 24 hours after he escaped from the Kentucky State Reformatory.

Detectives identified the body of 26-year-old Avery Roland, of Stanton, in the Valley View Landfill at Sulphur, Kentucky. The landfill is where the prison dumps its trash.

Roland pleaded guilty last fall to charges of unlawful imprisonment, sexual misconduct and assault in a case involving a University of Kentucky student.

http://wkrc.com/news/state/story.asp...6-E8C9A8E0A371
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

I just saw this info on the news. I can't say that I feel sorry for them. They did this to themselves. At least now everyone can breathe now and not fear them doing more harm while out of prison.

Search crews sifting through trash at the Valley View Landfill in Trimble County Thursday recovered the body of 24-year-old Michael Talbot Jr. Hours earlier, workers pulled the body of Avery Roland from the landfill. Both men had escaped from the state reformatory in LaGrange Wednesday morning. WAVE 3's Frances Kuo has the latest.

Trooper Larimore said crews were about to wrap up their search late Thursday afternoon when Talbot's body was discovered around 5:30.

http://www.wave3.com/Global/story.asp?S=3595455
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

I think it is kind of fitting the way they died. Esp. Roland who was serving time on a sex offense, and was due to go back into court to face charges of rape, sodomy and burglary attacking a 17 year old.

Another sex offender that we will no longer have to worry about! VERY good news in my opinion! If only all of the others would end up the way this one did.......

Fools. Where did they think a garbage truck would take them if not to the dump?

They just took out the trash - that's all.

Twilight Zone

I agree Jeana---and I have earned the right in my opinion to offer a joke here if anyone is so inclined to appreciate my sense of humor.....

Imagine Rod Serling's voice---Two sex offender criminals wanted out of prison...that was their wish when they "hitched a ride" on a garbage truck that they thought would take them to freedom. When they reached "freedom" however, they were part of the trash that was emptied out. And they were dead. In the twilight zone, be careful what you wish for, you just might get it.
    Some people might say that justice has a way of working itself out sometimes.

Doo Dee Doo Doo

Just my opinion of course. Please don't take offense.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeana (DP)
    They just took out the trash - that's all.

Quote Originally Posted by Mullins
    I agree Jeana---and I have earned the right in my opinion to offer a joke here if anyone is so inclined to appreciate my sense of humor.....

Imagine Rod Serling's voice---Two sex offender criminals wanted out of prison...that was their wish when they "hitched a ride" on a garbage truck that they thought would take them to freedom. When they reached "freedom" however, they were part of the trash that was emptied out. And they were dead. In the twilight zone, be careful what you wish for, you just might get it.
    Some people might say that justice has a way of working itself out sometimes.

Doo Dee Doo Doo

Just my opinion of course. Please don't take offense.