1061 users online (169 members and 892 guests)  

Websleuths News

CA - Girl Leaps From Van During Abduction Attempt

GOOD FOR HER!!!

http://www.nbc4.tv/news/4725233/detail.html

CHINO HILLS, Calif. -- An 8-year-old girl snatched from her scooter by a would-be kidnapper and tossed into a van fractured her skull when she leaped from the moving van moments later and escaped, investigators said.

The girl was treated at Loma Linda University Hospital and the injury apparently was not serious, said Sgt. Frank Montanez of the San Bernardino County Sheriff's Department.

The girl and her 12-year-old sister were riding scooters on Rancho Hills Drive at about 9 p.m. Tuesday when the driver of a van pulled up and a man got out and asked if the girls knew someone in the area. When the 12-year-old said, "No," the man grabbed her sister.

"He threw her in the passenger side and went around to the driver side," Montanez said. The van pulled away and the girl jumped, the sergeant said. The van sped away.

Wow! brave girl, smart too.

It's game over if they take you away, I teach noel this all the time, drill it in her head it is worth the risk to be hurt - but get away, don't go with them or you are dead.

Same goes for adults too, like Dru ~ fight and get away at any risk.

Great news. She has a headache, but she is safe!
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

Talking Happy Ending

So good to hear a happy ending!

Quote Originally Posted by Casshew
    Wow! brave girl, smart too.

It's game over if they take you away, I teach noel this all the time, drill it in her head it is worth the risk to be hurt - but get away, don't go with them or you are dead.

Same goes for adults too, like Dru ~ fight and get away at any risk.
    I saw a TV special about this a few years ago and wish they'd show it in the schools. It showed that a person (child or adult) should do everything and anything they can to avoid getting into a vehicle with an abductor, even if it means getting shot. They showed how to rip the wires off the tail lights if you're locked inside a trunk in hopes of the police pulling the car over. They said you should pound on the gas pedal at a stop light and smash into the car ahead of you, scream, yell, anything to draw attention. Pull the keys out of the ignition, blare the horn, pull on the steering wheel and run the car into a parked car or building....don't go easily. You'll have little or no chance to escape once the abductor gets you to his destination.

SewingDeb is offline "Sorry, I'm not qualified to land the plane."
    I love it when they get away! Good for her. I hope someone got a description of the man and the van so he can be put away.