OR OR - James Monti, 17, Klamath Falls, 9 March 1995

rainwater

Reaction score
This MP- James M. Monti- is new in NAMUS- let's all keep our eyes on his NAMUS page as a possible match to Grateful Doe. Timeline, height, weight, and age range all fit Grateful Doe. :thinking:

James Monti 's NAMUS page is currently appears to be a work in progress-his eye and hair color are not yet listed, there is no photo yet, and DNA is in progress "tests not complete". Here is the link: The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs) MP26676

James Martin Monti​

james_martin_monti_1.jpg
james_martin_monti_2.jpg

James, circa 1995; Age-progression to age 40 (circa 2017)

James went missing from Klamath Falls, OR.

<MOD NOTE: Original link broken; edited to include current link and images as of October 8, 2022>

Last edited by a moderator:
This MP- James M. Monti- is new in NAMUS- let's all keep our eyes on his NAMUS page as a possible match to Grateful Doe. Timeline, height, weight, and age range all fit Grateful Doe. :thinking:

James Monti 's NAMUS page is currently appears to be a work in progress-his eye and hair color are not yet listed, there is no photo yet, and DNA is in progress "tests not complete". Here is the link: https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/26676/40/.

James went missing from Klamath Falls, OR.

The height, weight, age and time looks good but it also said he might have had a bald head. If that is true then it probably is not him because three months isn't enough time for a guy to grow out his hair as long as JD. Also, can you PM about how you can find the newest additions on NAMUS?

I will PM you this evening, I am on Pacific Coast time- 3 hours behind the East Coast. If anyone else is interested in how to find the newest additions to NAMUS, I can post how to do it here as well. For James Monti's page, I think the page is in progress-James's eye color is not listed yet either. On the NAMUS form, the first choice for "Hair" is "Bald or Unknown"- if a hair color is not selected, that is the default. James was just added at the beginning of November.

Maybe someone with a classmates membership can see if they can find a HS photo for JM?

Meh. The medical examiner has been notified about it. They can expedite the matching process faster. But that would be great if we could get a picture of him. I think that Carl guy has a membership. Will PM him. Monti is certainly worth monitoring.

I would greatly appreciate it if you would talk about how you find the latest additions. I just enter a rolling 7 day range as "date entered," but I know that misses a lot of them because the date of entry and the date of publication can be pretty far apart.

I wonder if his name is actually Matthew James Monti. I found a little info on a man with that name.

Very lengthy ( and interesting, imo ) article from 1995, concerning runaways, teenage life in the Klamath area.. fwiw.

http://www.sfweekly.com/sanfrancisco/runaway-train/Content?oid=2132413&showFullText=true

"Runaway Train
Tricia Sullivan fled her Southern Oregon hometown and the confines of her family in April. Arriving in San Francisco, she melded with the street community of young castoffs, misfits, and rebels. Phoning home, she lied and told her dad she was in New York.
By Sia Michel Wednesday, Sep 13 1995"

Finding New Additions to NAMUS

If you are not signed up in NAMUS, signup is free and only takes a few minutes. You can register as "Public", "LE" " Coroner" and a few other choices. I am registered as "Public". Once you register, you will be sent a PW number. It takes about 3 or 4 days to get the login info.

Go to NAMUS.gov and click on Missing Persons Database which is on the left side of the screen.
enter your login email address and the PW number NAMUS sent you.
click on the word "SEARCH" at the top of the page.
When the menu drops down, click on "New Search"
Under the words "Advanced Search" you will see "Case Information"
Click on the plus sign in front of "Case Information" when you do, another menu will drop down.
Check the box in front of "date entered" enter the dates you are interested in. If you want to limit your search, click on the plus signs in front of the other words-for example if you only want to see MP males, click on "Sex" and then select males. If you want to see everyone who has been entered, fill in the dates only and leave the rest blank. The system will return EVERYONE who was entered between those dates, regardless of when they went missing.
Enter the dates like this 01/01/2014 to 11/20/2014 or whatever.
Click on the "Search" box at the bottom of the "Case Information". When the list of newly entered MPs comes up, you will see date went missing, age, race, etc. Click on an MPs name if you want to see further info about that particular MP.

There is also an "Unidentified Database" for UIDs.

Some info about some MPs is restricted. It can be restricted to "LE only" for whatever reason. You will not know what is restricted until you click on an MPs
name and details (usually the CIRCUMSTANCES tab )about their case.

I hope these steps are clear to everyone. There is a FAQ section under the "HELP" tab on NAMUS.

Personal note: After NAMUS sent my login info, I sat down and experimented to become familiar with the system.

Very lengthy ( and interesting, imo ) article from 1995, concerning runaways, teenage life in the Klamath area.. fwiw.

http://www.sfweekly.com/sanfrancisco/runaway-train/Content?oid=2132413&showFullText=true

"Runaway Train
Tricia Sullivan fled her Southern Oregon hometown and the confines of her family in April. Arriving in San Francisco, she melded with the street community of young castoffs, misfits, and rebels. Phoning home, she lied and told her dad she was in New York.
By Sia Michel Wednesday, Sep 13 1995"

This story made me so sad. I grew up in Klamath Falls and moved away just before my teen years. Guess I was lucky to get out when I did. My heart goes out to Tricia's family. May she rest in peace.

No photo? How sad...

It is always very, very sad when there are cases with missing people without pictures, especially children. How are we going to bring these people home, whether it is alive, or in spirit, if we don't even know what they look like?

It is always very, very sad when there are cases with missing people without pictures, especially children. How are we going to bring these people home, whether it is alive, or in spirit, if we don't even know what they look like?

So true. Makes me think of poor Jason Saul who at least has one (old) picture.

So true. Makes me think of poor Jason Saul who at least has one (old) picture.

Jason and Sherry Young (who disappeared in 1984 at age 13) are exactly who I was thinking of when I saw this.

We don't even have a clue where he was in Klamath Falls when he was missing, if foul play is involved, if he's a runaway or what else could have happened to him.

I'm going to do a little info diving and hope I come up with an old newspaper article that can (hopefully) elaborate on this case. Do we know when James was reported missing? Because if he was reported missing just this month, that would be incredibly depressing, but I'm hoping that's not the case.

EDIT: Okey dokey, I'm back from my little online road trip, and I found some info that should be useful.

Here is what I found out on this profile on a high school reunion website: http://www.classfinders.com/people/or/klamath-falls/james/monti/

James Monti apparently was a senior at Klamath Union High School in March 1995.
He is listed here as "James Joseph Monti", while he is listed on NamUS as "James M Monti". According to this website, he also uses the names "Martin Monti", "James L Monti", or "James Martin Monti".

I wonder if what I'll get if I look up one of his aliases. I'll post back with my findings soon.

I also found this profile of someone named James J Monti, who is 37, lives in Florida, and lists Klamath Falls, OR as a previously known address.

http://www.intelius.com/results.php?ReportType=1&searchform=name&qc=Davenport&qf=James&qn=Monti&qs=FL&qoid=06CH2BYBKJ9&isPIDMap=1

This website also lists someone named James J Monti, whose current address is supposedly in Klamath Falls, OR.

http://www.advancedbackgroundchecks.com/d/james-monti/244670960

The NamUs profile also says that DNA samples have been submitted (although tests are not complete).

Hi:

I believe Matthew James Monti (b. 16 Feb 1975) is NOT the same person as James M. Monti (b. 28 Jun 1977), NamUs MP # 26676.

Jack

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CSIFLGIRL46
Back