1254 users online (272 members and 982 guests)  

Websleuths News

OK - Victims of a "Butcher" ca. 1941-1959

I am doing a research project locating or identifying possible victims of a killer often called a "butcher" and whose victims were often "dismembered", "mutilated" and similarly mistreated. I am interested in the area of Oklahoma, New Mexico, Texas, Missouri and Illinois.

Come features include the following:

[LIST][*]headless[*]torso[*]handless[*]attempt to amputate at least one foot[*]carving words in abdomen[*]shallow grave or dumped from a bridge or along a country road accessible to a major roadway

I have found a possible seven such crimes in the time period of about 1941 through about 1960. They are often women, but there are some men also, and a host of missing young women who fit a particular "type". In addition a lot of skeletons found that appear to show dismemberment but little else to go on.

The killer may have worked as a butcher, based on medical comments, circumstantial evidence, or in an animal industry where some knowledge of dismembering a body was easily seen.
    Marilyn A. Hudson
    Author & Researcher
    Oklahoma
    Mystorical, www.mystorical.blogspot.com
    There is never a time limit on the truth

Ass end of nowhere, hell hole of a holler
    Fascinating work you're on. My knowledge of axe murders only involves ca 1900-1920 on the train routes along highway 90. Stanried, one of our posters, maybe able to help. His knowledge of axe murderers & butchers is extensive. Best of luck

Thanks! Most of these do not probably involve an axe. I have done previous research on a wide variety of those. I wrote a book looking at murders along railroads in Oklahoma from about 1900 to 1920, When Death Rode the Rails. Fascinating...
    Marilyn A. Hudson
    Author & Researcher
    Oklahoma
    Mystorical, www.mystorical.blogspot.com
    There is never a time limit on the truth

Welcome, Marilyn. "Carving in the abdomen" sounds very familiar, but no specific case comes to mind at the moment. I keep pretty extensive spread sheets, so I'll look them over. In the meantime, it would be helpful if you would list the cases you mentioned. Also, if you haven't done so yet, you might look through our Cold Case forum. Here's one case of dismemberment from 1957 in Illinois, a female teenager, Judith Mae Anderson.

IL - Judith Mae Anderson, 15, murdered & dismembered in Chicago, Aug 1957

PODCAST ROW

WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK