GUILTY CT - Melissa Millan, 54, stabbed to death while jogging, Simsbury, 20 Nov 2014 *Arrest*

OkieGranny

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
51eecdff-7262-403d-b1aa-a64f15bab1c1_zps6494dfb9.jpg

http://www.wfsb.com/story/27447627/state-police-investigating-untimely-death-in-simsbury

A woman was found dead, lying in a road in Simsbury on Thursday night, and now many are wondering what happened to the 54-year-old woman who went out for a jog.

The Office of the Chief Medical Examiner ruled that Melissa Millan died from a stab wound to the chest. They are ruling her death a homicide.

Millan was found on Iron Horse Boulevard, which is a popular area to bikers and walkers, at about 8 p.m. by an unidentified motorist... Friends said because Millan was an avid runner, so it wouldn't be out of the ordinary for her to be in that area or using the running trails. "There is some lighting there. It is used at all hours," Simsbury Police Capt. Nicholas Boulter said... However, Millan was found on the roadway and not on the trails.

http://www.nbcconnecticut.com/news/...ry-Woman-Killed-Organize-Vigil-283626461.html

Community members gathered at Winding Trails in Farmington at 3 p.m. for a vigil to remember Millan. The vigil was originally scheduled to be held near the spot on Iron Horse Boulevard where Millan was found. The event was organized by friends of Millan's who trained for triathlons with her through Team Training New England...

In addition to being a mother of two and active community member, Millan was a senior vice president at MassMutual and a volunteer at Connecticut Family Theatre in West Hartford where her children were students...

No suspects have been identified at this time.

Geez....she goes out for a run and gets murdered...wth? Reminds me of Sherry (can't recall her last name), who was abducted, raped and murdered a couple years ago in Montana.

Awful....

This is shocking, especially for a quiet suburban town like Simsbury. I grew up in a neighboring town. I disagree with the comment that the area is very well-lit. Iron Horse runs parallel to the main and very busy road in town, Hopmeadow Street, also known as 10 and 202. The police station is on Hopmeadiw probably less than a 1/4 of a mile away from this tragic incident. Businesses - stores, restaurants, etc are between the Hopmeadow and iron horse, with the back of the businesses facing iron horse. Many people use iron horse as a way to bypass that portion of Hopmeadow due to the traffic. I believe she was found by Phelps lane, which people use to enter Plan B burger bar. On the other side of Iron Horse is a bike / running path and the Performing Arts Center at Simsbury Meadows, which is a big field with a stage.

I'm inclined to think this was personal rather than a crime of opportunity, although I have nothing to base that on and I hope I'm wrong. Maybe I just want to be wrong and not think there is a random murderer out there. Usually the crimes you hear about in town are dwi, or small drug arrests.

I'm not naive to think more isn't going on though. Especially along the bike path. I've heard many stories about cars getting broken into in the bike path parking lots. One scary story from a few years ago involves Steven Hayes, who viciously killed the Petit family in Cheshire, CT. When he was arrested they found a license in his possession. The license belonged to my family friend's 16 year old daughter who's car was broken into when she was walking the bike path in our sleepy town. Scary, huh?

In any case, this is a horrible tragedy and my thoughts and prayers are with her family and friends.

http://www.wfsb.com/story/27470781/murder-of-simsbury-woman-leaves-unanswered-questions

Court documents show that Millan and her ex-husband were divorced in 2012. They had two children, a 15-year-old son and an 11-year-old daughter who will be turning 12 on Tuesday.

The court agreement showed that the couple split holidays, and that this Thanksgiving the children were supposed to be with their mother.

Millan was also a senior vice president at Mass Mutual and each month she paid her ex-husband an $8,000 alimony.

I didn't think alimony was a 'thing' any more except for entertainers and the super-rich. Hmmmm.....

http://www.courant.com/community/si...micide-investigation-1125-20141124-story.html

Police said they have questioned those close to Melissa Millan and continue to search for the weapon used to stab her to death Thursday night along Iron Horse Boulevard.

Detectives worked through the weekend and have been chasing down a variety of leads, Capt. Nick Boulter said Monday. Their long hours have not yet yielded anything they're able to talk about yet, but tips from citizens have been helpful...

"We are looking at all aspects of this, including whether it was a random act," Boulter said.

I didn't think alimony was a 'thing' any more except for entertainers and the super-rich. Hmmmm.....

Off topic but I didn't either. I only just found out when my friend spoke to a lawyer about divorcing her husband. He had been stealing money from their mortgage account to pay his gambling debts. Even with that her lawyer said to expect to pay him alimony and give him half of her 401k.

http://www.necn.com/news/new-englan...ry-Conn-Homicide-Investigation-284796581.html

Two weeks have passed since the body of a local insurance executive and mother was found on the side of a busy road in Connecticut and police said at a press conference that they are still investigating leads and stepping up patrols...

Police have not identified any suspects. "We have not determined if this is random or not at this particular time," Simsbury Police Chief Peter N. Ingvertsen said.

You would have thought the investigation would be pointed in a certain direction by now but maybe they are holding back info.

Nope, it's alive and well. It may depend on the state though. My best friend is getting divorced and she is set to receive lifetime alimony in a hefty sum.

That area of CT is a beautiful suburb full of affluent people. The topic of alimony is not surprising.

New article from yesterday, alluding to the fact that there's little concern for the safety of members of the community. Meaning, it as not a random act and I take that to mean she knew her killer. I have my thoughts about who that probably is.

http://www.wfsb.com/story/27551318/simsbury-police-try-to-calm-concerns-following-murder-of-jogger

I agree. Sounds to me like they are still investigating and trying to lock in all of the evidence before naming their suspect. I keep forgetting to ask my dad what the rumor mill in town is saying. Thank you for posting this article.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back