Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 13

Status
Not open for further replies.
0332301.jpg
link

Continue discussion here...

:seeya: Another day of :rollercoaster: Thanks for the nice clean thread Harmony!

And here we are again. Thought I read Nurmi's whole appeal was denied, but AC just said no to having hear Nurmi drone on in person. He's been cordially invited to stay away. Heh.

More Juan today! :loveyou: :hot: :juanettes:

Hopefully we'll get to the jurors' questions as well! :happydance:

I am near the front of the line and Harmony has great food for us. I will be following via Wild tweets since I am at work.
Hope Juan makes mincemeat out of the joke expert.

See you later!!!

Good Morning, all you wonderful peeps, you!

Wouldn't it suck to be Dr. F. right now? lol I'll bet she feels like she's been rode hard and put up wet....great job yesterday, Mr. Juanderful!

And I'll bet the killer ain't any too happy today, either. It must be miserable being her defense team. I'll bet JA is making their lives h*ll. Good.

:happydance:

P.S. Speaking of JA, she gets a little a more haggard every day. Evil IS it's own cosmetic, isn't it?
:devil:

I imagine Dr F on the phone with ALV
Asking her what have you gotten me into?
Sent from my Galaxy S4, using Tapatalk Blue.

I imagine Dr F on the phone with ALV
Asking her what have you gotten me into?
Sent from my Galaxy S4, using Tapatalk Blue.

And also asking for a business card for the CMJA trial's Witness Protection Program.

Good morning!

A Gershwin tune I'm humming:

'S Juanderful,
'S marvelous,
That you should cross today.

:heartbeat::heartbeat::heartbeat:

If JM were Nurmi he would stretch out Dr. F's testimony and she'd still be on the stand next week when trial resumes.

But he's not, so I'm guessing we get Nurmi rebuttal today and never make it to juror questions. That Nurmi sends the jury away today with huge servings of ugly lies....

Good Morning, all you wonderful peeps, you!

Wouldn't it suck to be Dr. F. right now? lol I'll bet she feels like she's been rode hard and put up wet....great job yesterday, Mr. Juanderful!

And I'll bet the killer ain't any too happy today, either. It must be miserable being her defense team. I'll bet JA is making their lives h*ll. Good.

:happydance:

P.S. Speaking of JA, she gets a little a more haggard every day. Evil IS it's own cosmetic, isn't it?
:devil:

Wonder if doc and DT had a late night prepping for today? Sadly for them, they just won't be able to predict where JM will go next - to infinity and beyond!

If JM were Nurmi he would stretch out Dr. F's testimony and she'd still be on the stand next week when trial resumes.

But he's not, so I'm guessing we get Nurmi rebuttal today and never make it to juror questions. That Nurmi sends the jury away today with huge servings of ugly lies....

Yes, JM's cross was truly magnificent y'day, a thing of beauty. Nurmi's re-direct will be a horror; him at his most bombastic, lambasting Travis once again. Not looking forward to that at all.

I think JM is marvelous, but there are times he gets answers he does not expect and there are times he does go down rat holes in pursuit. I saw it during the main trial last year. Sometimes he's like a pitbull with a bone and he's not giving up, even when it might be best to move on because he's not going to get the witness to answer or answer in the way he wants. So that one part of Juror13's assessment I disagree with. However, again, I think Juan's marvelous and I'm a fan.

And if I ever had to be questioned by him (regardless of what side I was called by), I'd for sure be donning a pair of Depends and he'd probably have me confessing to untold crimes, even ones in which I never heard of the victim(s).

Good morning! I'm wondering if JM spent part of the evening jotting notes for his closing concerning this witness.

I would like to hear him say:

"The defense has made a big deal about TA being a pedophile. Yet, their own witness testified that he was not! Even if he had been a pedophile, and the Defense told you he was not, the truth is that it had absolutely nothing to do with providing mitigation for JA. Take a look at the Defense list of mitigators. Do you see PEDOPHILE on it?"

Or something of the sort in his own inimitable way.

I'd also like to see him change up his approach today. Dr. F. has probably spent the night pondering what to do next based on what she went through today. Let's hope her new preparation does not prepare her for what JM hits her with today.

I think JM is marvelous, but there are times he gets answers he does not expect and there are times he does go down rat holes in pursuit. I saw it during the main trial last year. Sometimes he's like a pitbull with a bone and he's not giving up, even when it might be best to move on because he's not going to get the witness to answer or answer in the way he wants. So that one part of Juror13's assessment I disagree with. However, again, I think Juan's marvelous and I'm a fan.

And if I ever had to be questioned by him (regardless of what side I was called by), I'd for sure be donning a pair of Depends and he'd probably have me confessing to untold crimes, even ones in which I never heard of the victim(s).

Well, that's funny, because I agree whole heartedly with that statement. Getting side tracked in his questioning is one thing. And he does, for sure. Sometimes he does need to get on with it. But I have never seen him ask a question he didn't know the answer to and was always leading somewhere. Every question had a purpose (every main question, not the petty questions about memory and subpoena-ing God) and if the person didn't want to answer, he was very good at making them answer through very direct questioning, to where they had no choice but to answer. Sometimes the witness wouldn't cooperate. But that's another thing. I never saw JM have a "you can't interview the dead" or a "you don't have any medical evidence of that" type of moment. He always knows exactly where he's going. And that's my opinion, baby.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth