1348 users online (343 members and 1005 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

WI - Roberta Rave, 49, Jackson County, 25 November 2014

The Sheriff's Office said because of medical reasons it is important to find Roberta K. Rave as soon as possible......

A little more info at link

http://www.channel3000.com/news/Woma...ounty/29923730
    Even though you can't go back and make a brand new start, you can start now and make a brand new end

Even though you can't go back and make a brand new start, you can start now and make a brand new end

Dodge Calibur (stock photo, not hers)

download (1).jpg

Thank you for posting this, StormyNights - I'm familiar with the family (All my years of lurking WS, I never imagined any cases to be so "close to home"). Hoping that she is found safe!!
    My posts are my opinion only.

Quote Originally Posted by SaxySleuth View Post
    Thank you for posting this, StormyNights - I'm familiar with the family (All my years of lurking WS, I never imagined any cases to be so "close to home"). Hoping that she is found safe!!
    Not a problem. Black River Falls is about 2-2 1/2 hours north of me. I am hoping Roberta is found safe. I am sorry that your friends family is going through this. I hope that I never have to deal with "close to home" on WS. Has the family said anything about where they think she could be or what might have happened? I will be praying for her and her family. It is never a good time to go missing, but around the holidays just seems to make it "extra" worse.

Quote Originally Posted by StormyNights View Post
    Not a problem. Black River Falls is about 2-2 1/2 hours north of me. I am hoping Roberta is found safe. I am sorry that your friends family is going through this. I hope that I never have to deal with "close to home" on WS. Has the family said anything about where they think she could be or what might have happened? I will be praying for her and her family. It is never a good time to go missing, but around the holidays just seems to make it "extra" worse.
    I'm going to have to brush up on TOS, because I'm not clear on what can be posted (FB pages, etc) but so far I haven't been able to find anything that would provide any distinct leads. I no longer live in BRF--I'm further up north too, but I keep close tabs with the community and my friends that are still in that area. Yes, something like this around the holidays does make it more concerning....

I made contact with RR's husband - he's a former classmate of mine and we are linked on FB as well. Is this something I need to get verified for? He mentioned with hunting season (and BRF area is prime hunting) her vehicle may get overlooked if parked near woods or on a road that hasn't been plowed. Lots of hunters in the area. I hadn't thought of that.

Not sure what else I can say, but the key is finding that vehicle. And with personalized plates, it should help a bit. Family believes she may still be in Jackson County, but she has been known to travel to surrounding counties. History of depression.

Really hoping she just needed to get away for bit and she will return home today!!

I made contact with RR's husband - he's a former classmate of mine and we are linked on FB as well. Is this something I need to get verified for? He mentioned with hunting season (and BRF area is prime hunting) her vehicle may get overlooked if parked near woods or on a road that hasn't been plowed. Lots of hunters in the area. I hadn't thought of that.

Not sure what else I can say, but the key is finding that vehicle. And with personalized plates, it should help a bit. Family believes she may still be in Jackson County, but she has been known to travel to surrounding counties. History of depression.

Really hoping she just needed to get away for bit and she will return home today!!

Thanks for the info! There is a place on the main forum page that talks about how to become a verified insider. Actually I will alert a mod to this post and then they can tell you what to do. History of depression really worries me and people tend to get more depressed during the holidays. I hope Roberta is safe and, like you said, just needed a bit of a break. Please keep me posted! Oh, by the way do you know if family has reached out to any news stations?
    Last edited by StormyNights; 11-25-2014 at 06:26 PM. Reason: ETA: I alerted a mod for help so you can become verified Saxy!

Thanks Stormy - From what it looks like, it's just the police alert the media has published. I'm trying to make a list of things to check off - I suggested pinging her phone but I'm assuming that LE has already done that. I'm trying not to intrude too much, but hoping to offer him some options that might not have been covered. I will inquire about fliers and media attention, and also the possibility of an organized search. He's posted info on FB - I've shared it on mine, and many friends have done that as well. I also advised him about WS, and where he can locate this thread.

Anything else that we could suggest?
    Last edited by SaxySleuth; 11-25-2014 at 06:38 PM. Reason: ETA: Sharing FB Post

Can you ping a phone that has been turned off?

Can you ping a phone that has been turned off?
    Pinging a phone that is off seems to be up for debate. I believe as long as the battery is in the phone it can be pinged. Take that with a grain of salt though as I have seen others say that the phone must be on. Referring him to this site was a good idea. There are a lot of threads on here that offer suggestions and support to the families who have missing loved ones. Keeping her name out in the news and maybe getting some fliers posted would probably be a good idea. Does she have a history of going off the grid like this?

Quote Originally Posted by StormyNights View Post
    Pinging a phone that is off seems to be up for debate. I believe as long as the battery is in the phone it can be pinged. Take that with a grain of salt though as I have seen others say that the phone must be on. Referring him to this site was a good idea. There are a lot of threads on here that offer suggestions and support to the families who have missing loved ones. Keeping her name out in the news and maybe getting some fliers posted would probably be a good idea. Does she have a history of going off the grid like this?
    Thank you for the info! Yes, she has history of going off in her vehicle. I have to go for possibly the evening, but hope to have much more info to share tomorrow, if not later tonight! I sure hope she comes home tonight!

Thank you for the info! Yes, she has history of going off in her vehicle. I have to go for possibly the evening, but hope to have much more info to share tomorrow, if not later tonight! I sure hope she comes home tonight!
    I too will be gone for the evening now. I also hope she comes home tonight. It really bothers me when LE doesn't seem to put in the same effort to locate people who have gone off before versus someone who hasn't. No matter how they left, they are gone and their families need them to be found. I will check out local news this evening and see if anything about Roberta is said. Keeping fingers crossed the she comes home and we can move this thread to Located.

Have a wonderful night Saxy! I will talk with you tomorrow.

I hope she does, too. I did some looking around on facebook earlier today, and she has a lovely family that seems very worried about her. My heart goes out to them.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast