LA LA - Jefferson Parish, WhtFem 18-25, UP6942, Sep'79

Migmuu

Reaction score
UP#6942

DEMOGRAPHICS
Race: Caucasian
Sex: Female
Postmortem interval: 1978 to 1979
Body conditions: All parts recovered. Not recognizable - Decomposing/putrefaction

CIRCUMSTANCES
Found on September 11, 1979
Jefferson Parish, Louisiana
Body found in Jefferson Parish, mandible and maxilla removed for future identification, location of body unknown. Age, sex, and race are estimated from the jaws only.

IDENTIFIERS
Dentals: Available and entered
DNA: Samples available - Not yet submitted
Fingerprints: Unavailable

It sounds like she could be Mary Rodermund, a victim of serial killer Robert Hohenberger. She was added to Charley today. There isn't much information about the UID, but Mary fits in okay with what's available.

Age (16) is within 2 years
Race (Caucasian) matches
Disappeared in March 1978 (postmortem interval is 1978 - 1979)
Morgan City is only 97 miles from Jefferson Parish

She's not in NamUs, so no comparisons could be made.

Migmuu,

Did you call Mary Rodermund in as a possible to the Jefferson Parish coroner?

Sure wish we knew where in Jefferson Parish the remains were found. Jefferson Parish is vast.

Jefferson Parish is huge-it is divided by the Mississippi River into what locals call 'East Bank" (Metairie, Kenner side if you are looking at a map) and "West Bank" ( Harvey, Terrytown, Westwego side ). Algiers is West Bank, but is Orleans Parish. For whatever reason, I could not find this UID listed on the Louisiana "Faces" site run by LSU for UIDs, although they list 120 UIDs found in the state.

Link: http://identifyla.lsu.edu/la_unidentified.php?p=12

There are about 15 cases that look like they might be in progress as far as information goes-but those are mainly from Bossier Parish. I clicked on one and the only information listed for the UID was "over 16".

Exactly! The parish spans from the Gulf of Mexico north to Lake Pontchartrain. In addition to the east/west bank division, areas of the parish are referred to as Upper and Lower Jefferson. I live in New Orleans, so this is somewhat local to me. Also, I knew a woman who went missing in the spring or summer of 1979 in Jefferson Parish. Her body was recovered on the West Bank, just across the river from New Orleans, but her murder never solved. So that makes me a little more curious about this Jane Doe.

MAP

Weird that this woman isn't on the LSU FACES website - LSU FACES is the contact listed, AND NamUS lists an LSU number - 08-29-11. But this number doesn't correspond with anything.

Have searched the local newspapers have yet to find anything on this UID

As these remains can’t be found, but they did have her mandible and maxilla, presumably the DNA samples originally listed as pending have now been received, so there may be auto-rule outs in Namus that have not been manually entered/visible in the rule out list

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cariboucampfire73
Back