1155 users online (230 members and 925 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 88 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - 11/26 -12/02/14 In recess

Please continue to discuss the trial here.

MeeBee, not sure if you saw my reply in the closed thread. I read somewhere last week that Flores has moved on to other cases and would only be popping in and out when he could. I'm sure Juans boss is only in there to help, assist. I wouldn't read too much into it at all.
    ***RIP TIMOTHY BOSMA***

***RIP TRAVIS ALEXANDER***

***RIP CAYLEE ANTHONY***

Thank you for the new thread Lamby!
    Proud member of the AFKBPOFPOPL

Quote Originally Posted by NashBridges2 View Post
    MeeBee, not sure if you saw my reply in the closed thread. I read somewhere last week that Flores has moved on to other cases and would only be popping in and out when he could. I'm sure Juans boss is only in there to help, assist. I wouldn't read too much into it at all.
    I saw it! I think both you and lambs make a lot of sense! I think it does have to do with Juan needing a little help and Flores being preoccupied with his other job now.
    "He who introduces KY into the relationship is no abused virgin." - Aristotle

Quote Originally Posted by wenwe4 View Post
    Thank you for the new thread Lamby!
    Hi wenwe. Thought we had a good conversation today. I am so beat. Did a lot today for an old lady and then kept up with trial. Hoping we hear from COA tomorrow. I thought Juan had a great day and I pray KN doesn't try to continue to smear him next Tuesday with this witness speaking out of both sides of her mouth. Not only is she unethical but she lies under oath. Well, I guess that is the very definition of unethical. Lol.
    You are probably right too about Juan's boss being there. Good for backp.

Quote Originally Posted by Curious in Indiana View Post
    Hi wenwe. Thought we had a good conversation today. I am so beat. Did a lot today for an old lady and then kept up with trial. Hoping we hear from COA tomorrow. I thought Juan had a great day and I pray KN doesn't try to continue to smear him next Tuesday with this witness speaking out of both sides of her mouth. Not olyis she unethical but she lies under oath. Well, I guess that is the very definition of unethical. Lol.
    You are probably right too about Juan's boss being there. Good for backp.
    I don't deserve all this credit - see NashBridges and MeeBee's responses.

To be fair - I didn't get a thing done and I'm still an old lady! (ha)

But I truly enjoyed today's court hearing and the intelligent and thoughtful discussions - as well as the ability to voice my concerns about the religion/sex piece of this trial (while trying to not offend anyone's religion).

I am dying to find out the language in Dr. MF's ethical code that Juan referred to earlier today.

I don't know about you guys, but between yesterday's great day of flipping the witness and today's great day of proving she's biased and discrediting her, I feel even more confident she will get the DP. I am more sure than I've ever been. The whole re-direct with her and Nrmi trying to make Juan look like a big meanie, was the highlight of the week for me. The jury will take notice and I imagine they are just sickened by this whole defense as we are.
    ***RIP TIMOTHY BOSMA***

***RIP TRAVIS ALEXANDER***

***RIP CAYLEE ANTHONY***

Thanks Wenwe , thought I would do a little digging and this is what I have so far..

It breaks my heart that it is in the ruination of Travis Alexander's name that the Cailleach and her stooges are planning her salvation. Everyone is a genius, but if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid. ~Albert Einstein

A question about today, and likely a superficial one at that.

If I remember correctly, more than one tweeter (WAT and someone else) commented on JA's "nice middle-class woman" attire today (my quotation marks, not theirs). So far, she usually appears in clothing that looks like it came from the Goodwill/Oxfam shop. I wonder if the DT was expecting that she might testify today?

Just throwing this out there.

meganrcassidy ‏@meganrcassidy 55s55 seconds ago
    Fonseca said her expertise comes from decades of work and research on unconventional sexual behavior. #JodiArias
    I wonder how many of the world's worst sex offenders have said the same thing as they were being carted away?

I'd expect a sex expert to be open-minded and less inclined to label people right off the bat. This conventional/unconventional sex stuff bothers me. Where's the list? Who compiled it? When? Where? Amongst whom?

Quote Originally Posted by daisydomino View Post
    Interesting coincidence. JSS is spelled Stephens.
    Oh...thank you. It most likely is a different judge then.

ETA: I edited my previous post at bottom to point out spelling is different and probably not the same judge. Thanks again.

I read on the last thread that AZL said yes, Juan gets to go at her again after Nurmi! That will be interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Rainy1 View Post
    It breaks my heart that it is in the ruination of Travis Alexander's name that the Cailleach and her stooges are planning her salvation. Everyone is a genius, but if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid. ~Albert Einstein
    Cailleach (veiled hag) and her stooges are planning JA salvation (DP or not).

This term might be used repeatedly throughout the trial - especially since we have secret witnesses, sidebars, court meetings, in camera, inability to photo or livestream.

Veiled indeed!

ETA: Or did you mean to refer to Dr. MF as the Cailleach's saving her own (salvation) credibility?

Quote Originally Posted by Rainy1 View Post
    Giggle, snort, and high-five, Rainy1!

Page 1 of 88 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast