GUILTY OK - Erin Glasson, 41, murdered in her Oklahoma City home, 19 Nov 2014

OkieGranny

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
a20ed593-6ca1-402a-a17b-8c25cbc7d259_zps2e759c7a.jpg

http://www.news9.com/story/27424422/police-husband-shoots-kills-wife-at-nw-okc-home

Police arrived to the home shortly after 3 a.m. to find 33-year-old Kinney Glasson, his wife, 41-year-old Erin Glasson, and their 5-year-old child inside. Police confirmed that Kinney Glasson shot and killed his wife, Erin Glasson.

Kinney Glasson told officers that while they were sleeping, an intruder entered their bedroom. He said he retrieved a pistol and tried to shoot the intruder, but, instead, accidentally shot his wife.

http://www.news9.com/story/27479097/affidavit-okc-man-accused-in-wifes-death-was-having-an-affair

An affidavit released on Tuesday reveals that an Oklahoma City man, accused of shooting and killing his wife, admitted to authorities that he had been having an affair with another woman...

However, police said Kinney Glasson did admit that he had been having an affair with a female who is being held at the Stephens County Jail. He said he had been communicating with the woman by email, mail, phone calls, and text messages. He told police he intended to end the relationship with that woman...

That woman told detectives that she was in a dating relationship with Kinney Glasson. She said Kinney Glasson told her that he was getting a divorce, and that he wanted to be with her when she gets out of jail. According to the affidavit, the affair began in June 2014.

What a disgusting excuse for a father. The best thing that could happen to the poor five year old would be to be raised by decent people who will fight to protect her from ever having to see or communicate with this murderer at all. No contact with anyone who would defend or make excuses for him. What a loser.

MOO

I can't think of anything worse, the poor child caught up in all this. The child's mum murdered by the father, words fail me. Rest in peace.

http://newsok.com/jailed-woman-deva...ested-in-wifes-fatal-shooting/article/5370886

Golden said police detectives told Smith that her boyfriend worked “in the oil field or something like that.” She said, “They said he is definitely not an FBI agent.” Golden remembers that Glasson even pretended to have a badge. “He flopped it open and he flopped it shut,” she said.

Smith’s friend, Norton, recalled how Glasson claimed to travel a lot for the FBI. She said he even claimed to have gone to Africa recently for the FBI, and gave Smith jewels he said came from there.

Kinney and Erin Glasson married in 2005, records show. They have a 5-year-old daughter. There is no record that he had filed for divorce.

More often than not, there is a stripper and/or affair going on when a wife is murdered. Surprise surprise.

What a disgusting excuse for a father. The best thing that could happen to the poor five year old would be to be raised by decent people who will fight to protect her from ever having to see or communicate with this murderer at all. No contact with anyone who would defend or make excuses for him. What a loser.

MOO
Hopefully there is someone on the mother's side of the family who can and will be able to raise her.

:(

All of us on here, how many of these stories have we read? A hundred? two hundred? The thing that gets me is that the stories never change. What in the @#$% gets inside these people's brains that makes them think it's OK to kill their spouse?

And it just NEVER ENDS, I scroll down vvvvv and look down here and it says, "Similar Threads" and the list just goes on and on and on. Very sad.

What's up with the FBI stuff? I guess his own life was so boring he had to make up stories like a 6 year old to make himself feel better. Wonder how that will go over in prison?!

Man killed wife to be with girlfriend, prosecutor says

http://newsok.com/article/5535555

"Erin Glasson was a daughter, a sister, a mother and a wife," Assistant District Attorney Dan Pond said during his opening statement Tuesday afternoon. "Her husband, Kinney Glasson, killed her."

Pond then read numerous statements to the jury made by Kinney Glasson.

"I love you. I love you always. ... I'm here for you baby. I'll take care of you. I promise. ... I know I can be the man to make you happy," Pond read.

The prosecutor then told the jury that the statements were not made by Glasson to his wife but spoken to his stripper girlfriend, Reva Ann Smith. The conversation was recorded when Glasson called Smith, who was being held at the Stephens County jail on an unrelated charge.

Defense attorney Richard Hull, though, told the jurors, "The fact that he was having an affair doesn't mean he killed his wife."

It is undisputed that Glasson pulled the trigger and fired the shot that killed his wife, but he contends the gun went off during an altercation with a home intruder.

Oklahoma City man lied about wife, ex-girlfriend testifies at murder trial

http://newsok.com/oklahoma-city-man-lied-about-wife-ex-girlfriend-testifies-at-murder-trial/article/5535988

A former stripper who danced under the name "Heaven" said she met murder defendant Kinney J. Glasson Jr. at the Double D Saloon in Oklahoma City about six months before his wife's death.

Testifying at Glasson's murder trial Thursday and Friday, Reva Ann Smith told jurors about becoming more than just friends with Glasson after he gave her jewelry for her birthday in July 2014.

During the trial, jurors were shown video recordings of Glasson being interviewed by Oklahoma City police detectives. After explaining what led to the shooting, Glasson was asked about any infidelity in his marriage.

Glasson admits to one detective about sending "love letters" to Smith while she was being held in the Stephens County jail. Smith, then 24, was jailed about a week before Erin Glasson's death on an unrelated charge.

During Smith's testimony, jurors heard recorded jail calls between them.

Glasson told the detective he was worried about Smith telling his wife about the infidelity. He also told the detective he had no intention of helping Smith get out of jail.

That detective testified that Glasson “was downplaying the relationship.” Prosecutors allege evidence, including text messages between Glasson and Smith in November 2014, indicates they were in love and Glasson never intended to break up with Smith.

Jury finds Oklahoma City man accused in wife’s death guilty

http://kfor.com/2017/01/31/jury-finds-oklahoma-city-man-accused-in-wifes-death-guilty/

Prosecutors believe Glasson killed his wife so that he could be with his girlfriend.

On Jan. 31, a jury found Glasson guilty of first-degree murder.

The jury recommended Glasson be sentenced to life in prison.

Glasson’s formal sentencing is scheduled for March 28.

Erin and Kinney Glasson’s young daughter has been staying with family members since the deadly shooting, officials said.

Judge rejects plea for mercy from Oklahoma man who killed wife

http://newsok.com/judge-rejects-plea-for-mercy-from-oklahoma-man-who-killed-wife/article/5543406

“I'm just begging for mercy from you, sir,” Kinney J. Glasson Jr. told District Judge Bill Graves.

Glasson killed his wife to be with his "stripper girlfriend," prosecutors said. Assistant District Attorney Dan Pond asked the judge to "not show mercy."

The judge ultimately denied Glasson's request, saying, “You weren't faithful to (your wife) and you took her life.”

The judge sentenced Glasson in accordance with the punishment chosen by jurors in January. The jury found Glasson guilty of first-degree murder.

The judge Tuesday also denied Glasson any credit for time served in jail while he awaited his trial and sentencing. Glasson has been in the Oklahoma County jail since November 2014.

Glasson, 36, of Oklahoma City, will be eligible for parole in his mid-70s.

The victim's sister, Cynthia Canan, said, "I lost my first friend, ... my constant source of strength. ... There is a gaping hole in her absence."

Canan said she is now raising Erin and Kinney Glasson's daughter, who was 5 at the time of the shooting.

The victim's father, Robert R. Wells, also attended the sentencing. Prosecutors read his written statement.

"I miss her constantly. ... I am forever handicapped by her loss," he wrote.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semh
Back