GUILTY AR - Beverly Carter, 49, Little Rock, 25 Sep 2014 - # 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

imamaze

Former Member
Reaction score
Rest in Peace Beverly!

1411739631000-beverly-carter.jpg

http://www.thv11.com/story/news/local/little-rock/2014/09/26/beverly-carter-missing/16257155/

Police are in their second day of looking for clues in the disappearance of a central Arkansas real estate agent. More than 250 volunteers were out helping authorities search for clues Saturday.

The Pulaski County Sheriff's Office is searching for 51-year-old Beverly Carter. She was reported missing by her husband September 25 after she was supposed to meet an unknown person at a home on Old River Road in Scott to show a house around 5:30 p.m. After three and half hours of no contact, her husband went to the home and found his wife's car with her purse and wallet inside, but she was nowhere to be found, and investigators have found no trace of a crime.

Beverly Carter was last seen wearing a black sleeveless shirt and red shorts. Flyers circulating suggest Carter stands around 5 feet, 2 inches and weighs around 145 pounds. She is also said to have blonde hair and green eyes.

Anyone with information on the whereabouts of Beverly Carter is urged to contact PCSO at any of the below listed contacts.

24 hour Communications number: (501) 340-6963

Criminal Investigations Division: (501) 340-6940

Central Arkansas CRIMESTOPPERS tip line:(501) 340-TIPS(8477)

Thread #1

Thread #2

Thread #3

Thread #4

Thread #5

Media Thread

:seeya:
This is the social media we can link to:

Social media of the accused (Arron Lewis)

Facebook of the Victim

MSM Social Media

All other social media links are off limits.

We do not ever allow screen shots from social media

We do not allow discussion of comments, though you can point someone in the direction of the comment. Such as "see comment from A.M. under this article"

All social media / comments other than MSM Article are to be taken as rumor.

Also no more discussion or sleuthing of "Trevor" the police at this point have cleared him. If that changes we will revisit.

Any questions then please feel free to PM me or another MOD.

TIA
:loser:

Just a reminder...

Sleuthing family and friends of the victim or suspect is not allowed.

Please continue here...

Reminder...

Do not tell others how or what to post
Do not attack other members
Alert if you feel a post is against TOS
You can disagree with a member, you can not attack another member for their opinion

Please continue here...

Not sure if I made comment in time to be posted in last thread or not. Sorry if duplicated.
OK... so before there was no gag order. It was said that both CL and AL atty and LEO were working for same goal of keeping info on the quite side - my paraphrasing. I am betting there will be a gag order requested now that formally charged. Just a gut feeling

Again, Crystal Lowery has been charged exactly as Arron Lewis and should also be included in the list of the accused allowed to be sleuthed. I think it is important and she is being overlooked as an arrested accused!

Yes, we now have two formally charged suspects. This means both should be equally sleuthable.

Again, Crystal Lowery has been charged exactly as Arron Lewis and should also be included in the list of the accused allowed to be sleuthed. I think it is important and she is being overlooked as an arrested accused!

I agree and now that you brought to the admin attention, they will address. I feel sure not intentional, just graphics or whatever used in the first posts are just carried over from the last. jmo

I guess I'm missing something here? CL has already been sleuthed after her arrest and probably before.

i've followed this thread quietly, like I do most. I hope we return to dedicating this thread to the victims (multiple on both sides) of this crime and the justice deserved to BC for what she ensued.

I guess I'm missing something here? CL has already been sleuthed after her arrest and probably before.

I took it as meaning only Arron Lewis was listed in the 2nd comment, which was originally posted. I believe mpnola was meaning CL name should be listed with Arron Lewis as being on list of can be sleuthed. At least that's how I took it. To be honest I thought it had already been added. oops

I agree and now that you brought to the admin attention, they will address. I feel sure not intentional, just graphics or whatever used in the first posts are just carried over from the last. jmo

I made the same comment at the start of the last thread. I am sure it is an oversight, but it is still important that she is named.

I took it as meaning only Arron Lewis was listed in the 2nd comment, which was originally posted. I believe mpnola was meaning CL name should be listed with Arron Lewis as being on list of can be sleuthed. At least that's how I took it. To be honest I thought it had already been added. oops

Eeeexactly ! :)

http://www.thv11.com/story/news/loc...erly-carters-death-formerly-charged/70113014/

Suspects in realtor Beverly Carter's death formally charged

The two suspected in the death of central Arkansas realtor Beverly Carter have been formally charged.

According to deputy prosecutor John Johnson, Arron Lewis was formally charged Tuesday with capital murder, kidnapping, and felon in possession of a firearm. He said Lewis' estranged wife Crystal Lowery was also formally charged with capital murder and kidnapping.

AL and CL have both been formally charged with capital murder and kidnapping. They are both sleuthable. Their friends and family are not sleuthable.

Authorities found her after telephone records were traced to “a certain area off of [Arkansas] Highway 5 in Pulaski County,” the report states.

This goes against what someone had previously posted (can't remember who) that said LE was tipped off by someone who worked at the concrete plant. This is new evidence we have not heard before or at least I have never heard this before? Anyone else?

I saw some posting the question on how long LE had to charge them. Originally AL was set for December and CL was set for Jan. I can't remember what it is called but it is basically being bound over to the circuit court I think and formally charged with the crimes.

I saw this come across news wire earlier and my heart sank. I had such high hopes things may go different for CL.

Now AL and CL will be able to see what the evidence is against them whereas before they and their attorneys were unable to see it because they were not officially charged or at least that was my basic understanding of how it works.

As others have posted I too feel bad the Carter family has to deal with this in the news again two days before their first major holiday without their dear Beverly.

Authorities found her after telephone records were traced to “a certain area off of [Arkansas] Highway 5 in Pulaski County,” the report states.

This goes against what someone had previously posted (can't remember who) that said LE was tipped off by someone who worked at the concrete plant. This is new evidence we have not heard before or at least I have never heard this before? Anyone else?

I saw some posting the question on how long LE had to charge them. Originally AL was set for December and CL was set for Jan. I can't remember what it is called but it is basically being bound over to the circuit court I think and formally charged with the crimes.

I saw this come across news wire earlier and my heart sank. I had such high hopes things may go different for CL.

Now AL and CL will be able to see what the evidence is against them whereas before they and their attorneys were unable to see it because they were not officially charged or at least that was my basic understanding of how it works.

As others have posted I too feel bad the Carter family has to deal with this in the news again two days before their first major holiday without their dear Beverly.

How did AL and CL meet?

It is my understanding that they met online. I have no idea what website /dating site they may have met on.

https://courts.arkansas.gov/print/198553

Published on*Arkansas Judiciary*(https://courts.arkansas.gov)

Rule 8.6. Time For Filing Formal Charge.
If the defendant is continued in custody subsequent to the first appearance, the prosecuting attorney shall file an indictment or information in a court of competent jurisdiction within sixty days of the defendant's arrest. Failure to file an indictment or information within sixty days shall not be grounds for dismissal of the case against the defendant, but shall, upon motion of the defendant, result in the defendant's release from custody unless the prosecuting attorney establishes good cause for the delay. If good cause is shown, the court shall reconsider bail for the defendant.

Reporter's Notes: This rule is intended to address the problem identified in State v. Pulaski County Circuit Court, 326 Ark. 886, 934 S.W. 2d 915 (1996), modified on rehearing, 327 Ark. 287, 938 S.W. 2d 815 (1997), wherein the person was arrested without a warrant, was continued in custody beyond his first appearance in municipal court, but waited over two months before his case was formally filed in circuit court by the filing of an information. This rule contemplates that, in the typical case, formal charges should be filed within a reasonable time following an arrest with sufficient latitude being given for circumstances that are beyond the prosecuting attorney's control and which necessitate a delay in the filing of formal charges. Nothing in this rule shall be construed to abrogate the defendant's privilege to file an application for writ of habeas corpus or any other applicable extraordinary remedy.

Associated Court Rules:*

Rules of Criminal Procedure

Group Title:*

Article III. Arrest, Citation, Summons and Pretrial Release

Source URL:*https://courts.arkansas.gov/rules-a...court-rules/rule-86-time-filing-formal-charge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
liacoletti