WA - Mom rescued, search for 5-year-old seen 'floating' in Cedar River continues

zwiebel

Reaction score
A five-year-old child and his mom were seen 'floating' down the Cedar River in Renton, Washington, around 9.11am this morning. The 20-year-old-mom was rescued alive and taken to the hospital. The search is continuing for the child, but it's now been downgraded to a 'recovery'.

The child 'might' have been wearing a lifejacket, it's been reported. It's not known how the mom and child came to be in the water.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/storie...AOL-?SITE=IADES&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT

This confirms what I was thinking - the water is very cold and also flooded, so as fast moving as the photos I've seen have indicated. Surely the mom and little boy couldn't have been out in a boat? But if not, why was he (reportedly) wearing a lifejacket?

'King County sheriff’s Sgt. DB Gates says the woman has been taken to a hospital. Investigators haven’t been able to ask her how they landed in the water.

A witness called 911 about 9 a.m. Wednesday and reported the woman and a boy about 5 years old floating down the river near Ron Regis Park. The water is cold and moving fast from recent heavy rains.'

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news...=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed#ixzz3KCjo3Qti

AMY CLANCY retweeted
Alison Grande ‏@AlisonKIRO7 49 mins49 minutes ago

We don't know how 5yo ended up in Cedar River. Massive search scaled back, now that it is a body recovery.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 78
Alison Grande @AlisonKIRO7 · 6 mins 6 minutes ago

Detectives are at Valley Medical interviewing woman who was rescued from Cedar River- who are they, why in river?

Not 100 per cent sure about this reporting of little one as dead. I know LE have said it's now recovery, but he has not been found yet, and police don't have the power to declare anyone dead.

Alison Grande @AlisonKIRO7 · 27 mins 27 minutes ago

KCSO is investigating the death of the 5yo. In Cedar River (Any child death under 18 is investigated in King County)

Alison Grande @AlisonKIRO7 · 42 secs 43 seconds ago

Expecting update in Renton where search is on for body of missing 5yo. A witness made the 911 call-- police talking to woman rescued.

I have a bad feeling about this whole incident. Hope I'm mistaken.

I am totally mistaken and so glad!

The woman's DOG went into the water and she went in to try and save it. Passersby mistook it for a child (maybe it had a bright harness that looked like the lifejacket they saw?)

But...REALLY good news. Both dog and woman are safe. And there was and is no missing child!!!

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

Alison Grande @AlisonKIRO7 · 13 mins 13 minutes ago

Breaking--Search is over-- no child ever went in the river. Woman was in the river with her dog. Dog is fine too.

'Crews searched for a 5-year-old boy for hours Wednesday morning at Cedar River in Renton. A team of detectives announced early afternoon that there was never a child in the water. Both a woman and a child were reported to have been seen in the river in the area of the 15400 block of Jones Road in Renton about 8:40 a.m. Wednesday. Officials say there was a miscommunication between three witness. A woman and her dog fell into the river. Rescuers pulled the woman out, and she was conscious and alert. The dog is OK'

http://www.kirotv.com/news/news/rescuers-responding-reports-child-adult-cedar-rive/njGS6/

:) :)

I am totally mistaken and so glad!

The woman's DOG went into the water and she went in to try and save it. Passersby mistook it for a child (maybe it had a bright harness that looked like the lifejacket they saw?)

But...REALLY good news. Both dog and woman are safe. And there was and is no missing child!!!

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

Alison Grande @AlisonKIRO7 · 13 mins 13 minutes ago

Breaking--Search is over-- no child ever went in the river. Woman was in the river with her dog. Dog is fine too.
Wow, This is great news!
Happy Thanksgiving!

'Crews searched for a 5-year-old boy for hours Wednesday morning at Cedar River in Renton. A team of detectives announced early afternoon that there was never a child in the water. Both a woman and a child were reported to have been seen in the river in the area of the 15400 block of Jones Road in Renton about 8:40 a.m. Wednesday. Officials say there was a miscommunication between three witness. A woman and her dog fell into the river. Rescuers pulled the woman out, and she was conscious and alert. The dog is OK'

http://www.kirotv.com/news/news/rescuers-responding-reports-child-adult-cedar-rive/njGS6/

:) :)

Thank goodness! Thanks for all your updates!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back