1189 users online (192 members and 997 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

FL - Ronnie Paris, 3, beaten to death, Tampa, 22 Jan 2005

Even though the boy would shake and wet himself, his father, Ronnie Paris Jr., would box with the 3-year-old, slapping him in the head until he cried because he didn't want his son to grow up to be ``a sissy,'' the boy's mother testified Monday.

Others corroborated Nysheerah Paris' testimony as the prosecution built its case during the first day of the capital murder trial of Ronnie Paris Jr., 21, accused of abusing 3-year- old Ronnie Paris until the boy slipped into a coma Jan. 22.

He died six days later with swelling on both sides of his brain.

``He was trying to teach him how to fight,'' said Shanita Powell, Nysheerah Paris' sister. ``He was concerned that the child might be gay.''

Even Sheldon Bostic, who was Ronnie Paris Jr.'s Bible- study friend, said he warned the father several times not to play so rough with his son.

``He really did what other fathers do - slap box,'' Bostic said. ``He always said he didn't want his son growing up to be pushed around.''

``Did Ronnie use a term for that?'' asked Jalal Harb, an assistant state attorney.

``He didn't want him to be a sissy,'' Bostic said.

http://news.tbo.com/news/MGBV5C523BE.html

less0305 is offline The face is familiar, but I can't quite remember my name!
    That's absolutely sickening!!!!! Fry him, I say!!!!!
    It's my own two cents. You don't have to read or like it.

I agree. That is sickening.

FL - Ronnie Paris, 3, beaten to death, parents charged, 21 Jan 2005

Ronnie Paris Jr. wanted his son to grow up to be a real man. So he tried to teach the 3-year-old boy what his own father had taught him - how to take a punch. Trouble was, the blows Paris landed on the toddler's head last year killed him.

Friday, it was Paris, 22, who got the lesson.

Hillsborough Circuit Judge Barbara Fleischer sentenced him to 30 years in prison and 10 years of probation for beating his son to death.

During the trial several witnesses said Paris sometimes got rough with the toddler while play fighting with him. Paris told friends his father had raised him to be tough and he planned to raise Ronnie the same way. He didn't want a "sissy" for a son.

"I never did anything to hurt my baby," he said. "I'm scared for my life to go to prison. I miss my baby. I wish I could get him back. I tried to work hard as best I could to be a father for my son."
    http://www.sptimes.com/2005/08/20/Hi..._to_30_y.shtml
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

SewingDeb is offline "Sorry, I'm not qualified to land the plane."
    Quote Originally Posted by mysteriew
    Ronnie Paris Jr. wanted his son to grow up to be a real man. So he tried to teach the 3-year-old boy what his own father had taught him - how to take a punch. Trouble was, the blows Paris landed on the toddler's head last year killed him.

Friday, it was Paris, 22, who got the lesson.

Hillsborough Circuit Judge Barbara Fleischer sentenced him to 30 years in prison and 10 years of probation for beating his son to death.

During the trial several witnesses said Paris sometimes got rough with the toddler while play fighting with him. Paris told friends his father had raised him to be tough and he planned to raise Ronnie the same way. He didn't want a "sissy" for a son.

"I never did anything to hurt my baby," he said. "I'm scared for my life to go to prison. I miss my baby. I wish I could get him back. I tried to work hard as best I could to be a father for my son."
    http://www.sptimes.com/2005/08/20/Hi..._to_30_y.shtml
    Why do they return these children to the home? From your link:

Bing said Friday she wished she'd done more to keep the boy she had nicknamed "Bubba" from being returned to his parents' home in December 2004. Between sobs, she asked the judge for the maximum penalty and directed angry words at the boy's killer.

"What did little Bubba do to die so young?" Bing asked. The judge said she decided against life in prison in part because Paris was a first-time offender who needed help.

The judge's order also bars Paris from working where children are present and calls for him to receive psychological counseling upon his release before he's allowed to be around children.

Thirty years. The boy would have been 33 by then. It just doesn't seem long enough.
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

SewingDeb is offline "Sorry, I'm not qualified to land the plane."
    It surely doesn't.

Excuses, excuses........tired of all the excuses when a child dies.

The trial

The child's father was charged with murder and aggravated child abuse. His mother was charged with child neglect and failing to get medical attention for her son.[3]

In July 2005, Ronnie Paris Jr. went on trial for his son's murder.

During the trial, Nysheera Parish testified that her husband thought their son might be gay, and that he would smack the boy in the back of the head and slam him into walls because he didn't want his son to grow up "soft". Her testimony was corroborated by her sister, Shanita Powell, who said "He was trying to teach him how to fight," and told the court "He was afraid the child might be gay."

Family friend Sheldon Bostick, who attended Bible study with the Paris family, testified that Ronnie Paris, Jr., "slap-boxed" with his son because "He didn't want him to be a sissy"[4]

Forensic pathologist Dr. Sam Gulino noted the child's scarred face and bruised head, and told the court that the lethargy and vomiting spells, the coma and eventual death were due to head trauma that was not accidental but deliberately inflicted.

The child's foster mother testified that during the two years he lived with her, Ronnie never vomited, and had a healthy appetite.[5]

The aftermath

In July 2005, after three hours of deliberation[6], a jury convicted Ronnie Paris, Jr. of second degree manslaughter and aggravated child abuse in the death of his son [7], Ronnie Antonio Paris. On August 19, 2005, he was sentenced to 30 years imprisonment. [8] Nysheera Paris was later sentenced to 5 years probation for culpable negligence in the death of her son[9]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ronnie_Paris

=========================================

Ronnie Paris, Jr.

Housed: CFRC-Main
    Sentence: 08/19/2005

Offense: 2nd Degree Murder, Dangerous Act
    Offense: Aggravated Child Abuse
    Sentence: 30 years

Current Release Date: 07/23/2033
    Last edited by OkieGranny; 11-01-2015 at 02:50 AM. Reason: broken link

Disgusting. I want to wish that poor child R.I.P., but I have a lot of trouble calling him by his name - an homage to this monster who read the Bible in one and beat his little son to death with the other. Hypocritical beast.

The thought of that little baby peeing himself and shaking...!

I hate to sound vindictive, but I hope this guy has since learned a whole new meaning to the word sissy in prison.

On December 14, 2004, five days after his third birthday, Ronnie was returned to his parents. On January 22, Ronnie slipped into a coma after falling asleep on a couch at a family friend's house, where his parents were attending a Bible study. Upon realizing he was unconscious, his parents rushed in to the hospital. Ronnie died six days later, when he was removed from life support.
    Killed him in one month! Good heavens!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ronnie_Paris
    Last edited by OkieGranny; 11-01-2015 at 02:55 AM. Reason: broken link

really mom? that's what fathers usually do?

i dont know what planet your from but i wish you'd go back. you sicken me as much as your worthless husband

Quote Originally Posted by kbl8201 View Post
    really mom? that's what fathers usually do?

i dont know what planet your from but i wish you'd go back. you sicken me as much as your worthless husband

My husband did box and wrestle with our son but it was fake boxing. He never actually hit him. Why a woman would think it was okay for a grown man to hit a baby is beyond me.

Quote Originally Posted by MCDRAW View Post
    My husband did box and wrestle with our son but it was fake boxing. He never actually hit him. Why a woman would think it was okay for a grown man to hit a baby is beyond me.
    not to mention all this talk about 'toughening him up to not be a sissy' or 'gay' wtf? he's a 3 year old boy for crying out loud number one.

My heart breaks for all children that suffer abuse, but it is tragic to think how this little boy must have felt to be taken from a safe environment and then systematically beaten to death by his own family. Rhetorical question, but it is so frustrating, if the bible group and family knew this baby was being abused, why didn't they help?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast