FL - Ronnie Paris, 3, beaten to death, Tampa, 22 Jan 2005

Casshew

Former Member
Reaction score
Even though the boy would shake and wet himself, his father, Ronnie Paris Jr., would box with the 3-year-old, slapping him in the head until he cried because he didn't want his son to grow up to be ``a sissy,'' the boy's mother testified Monday.

Others corroborated Nysheerah Paris' testimony as the prosecution built its case during the first day of the capital murder trial of Ronnie Paris Jr., 21, accused of abusing 3-year- old Ronnie Paris until the boy slipped into a coma Jan. 22.

He died six days later with swelling on both sides of his brain.

``He was trying to teach him how to fight,'' said Shanita Powell, Nysheerah Paris' sister. ``He was concerned that the child might be gay.''

Even Sheldon Bostic, who was Ronnie Paris Jr.'s Bible- study friend, said he warned the father several times not to play so rough with his son.

``He really did what other fathers do - slap box,'' Bostic said. ``He always said he didn't want his son growing up to be pushed around.''

``Did Ronnie use a term for that?'' asked Jalal Harb, an assistant state attorney.

``He didn't want him to be a sissy,'' Bostic said.

http://news.tbo.com/news/MGBV5C523BE.html

That's absolutely sickening!!!!! Fry him, I say!!!!!

Ronnie Paris Jr. wanted his son to grow up to be a real man. So he tried to teach the 3-year-old boy what his own father had taught him - how to take a punch. Trouble was, the blows Paris landed on the toddler's head last year killed him.

Friday, it was Paris, 22, who got the lesson.

Hillsborough Circuit Judge Barbara Fleischer sentenced him to 30 years in prison and 10 years of probation for beating his son to death.

During the trial several witnesses said Paris sometimes got rough with the toddler while play fighting with him. Paris told friends his father had raised him to be tough and he planned to raise Ronnie the same way. He didn't want a "sissy" for a son.

"I never did anything to hurt my baby," he said. "I'm scared for my life to go to prison. I miss my baby. I wish I could get him back. I tried to work hard as best I could to be a father for my son."
http://www.sptimes.com/2005/08/20/Hillsborough/Dad_sentenced_to_30_y.shtml

mysteriew said:
Ronnie Paris Jr. wanted his son to grow up to be a real man. So he tried to teach the 3-year-old boy what his own father had taught him - how to take a punch. Trouble was, the blows Paris landed on the toddler's head last year killed him.

Friday, it was Paris, 22, who got the lesson.

Hillsborough Circuit Judge Barbara Fleischer sentenced him to 30 years in prison and 10 years of probation for beating his son to death.

During the trial several witnesses said Paris sometimes got rough with the toddler while play fighting with him. Paris told friends his father had raised him to be tough and he planned to raise Ronnie the same way. He didn't want a "sissy" for a son.

"I never did anything to hurt my baby," he said. "I'm scared for my life to go to prison. I miss my baby. I wish I could get him back. I tried to work hard as best I could to be a father for my son."
http://www.sptimes.com/2005/08/20/Hillsborough/Dad_sentenced_to_30_y.shtml

Why do they return these children to the home? From your link:

Bing said Friday she wished she'd done more to keep the boy she had nicknamed "Bubba" from being returned to his parents' home in December 2004. Between sobs, she asked the judge for the maximum penalty and directed angry words at the boy's killer.

"What did little Bubba do to die so young?" Bing asked. The judge said she decided against life in prison in part because Paris was a first-time offender who needed help.

The judge's order also bars Paris from working where children are present and calls for him to receive psychological counseling upon his release before he's allowed to be around children.

Thirty years. The boy would have been 33 by then. It just doesn't seem long enough.

It surely doesn't.

Excuses, excuses........tired of all the excuses when a child dies.

The trial

The child's father was charged with murder and aggravated child abuse. His mother was charged with child neglect and failing to get medical attention for her son.[3]

In July 2005, Ronnie Paris Jr. went on trial for his son's murder.

During the trial, Nysheera Parish testified that her husband thought their son might be gay, and that he would smack the boy in the back of the head and slam him into walls because he didn't want his son to grow up "soft". Her testimony was corroborated by her sister, Shanita Powell, who said "He was trying to teach him how to fight," and told the court "He was afraid the child might be gay."

Family friend Sheldon Bostick, who attended Bible study with the Paris family, testified that Ronnie Paris, Jr., "slap-boxed" with his son because "He didn't want him to be a sissy"[4]

Forensic pathologist Dr. Sam Gulino noted the child's scarred face and bruised head, and told the court that the lethargy and vomiting spells, the coma and eventual death were due to head trauma that was not accidental but deliberately inflicted.

The child's foster mother testified that during the two years he lived with her, Ronnie never vomited, and had a healthy appetite.[5]

The aftermath

In July 2005, after three hours of deliberation[6], a jury convicted Ronnie Paris, Jr. of second degree manslaughter and aggravated child abuse in the death of his son [7], Ronnie Antonio Paris. On August 19, 2005, he was sentenced to 30 years imprisonment. [8] Nysheera Paris was later sentenced to 5 years probation for culpable negligence in the death of her son[9]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ronnie_Paris

=========================================

Ronnie Paris, Jr.

Housed: CFRC-Main
Sentence: 08/19/2005

Offense: 2nd Degree Murder, Dangerous Act
Offense: Aggravated Child Abuse
Sentence: 30 years

Current Release Date: 07/23/2033

Disgusting. I want to wish that poor child R.I.P., but I have a lot of trouble calling him by his name - an homage to this monster who read the Bible in one and beat his little son to death with the other. Hypocritical beast.

The thought of that little baby peeing himself and shaking...!

I hate to sound vindictive, but I hope this guy has since learned a whole new meaning to the word sissy in prison.

On December 14, 2004, five days after his third birthday, Ronnie was returned to his parents. On January 22, Ronnie slipped into a coma after falling asleep on a couch at a family friend's house, where his parents were attending a Bible study. Upon realizing he was unconscious, his parents rushed in to the hospital. Ronnie died six days later, when he was removed from life support.

Killed him in one month! Good heavens!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ronnie_Paris

really mom? that's what fathers usually do?

i dont know what planet your from but i wish you'd go back. you sicken me as much as your worthless husband

really mom? that's what fathers usually do?

i dont know what planet your from but i wish you'd go back. you sicken me as much as your worthless husband

My husband did box and wrestle with our son but it was fake boxing. He never actually hit him. Why a woman would think it was okay for a grown man to hit a baby is beyond me.

My husband did box and wrestle with our son but it was fake boxing. He never actually hit him. Why a woman would think it was okay for a grown man to hit a baby is beyond me.

not to mention all this talk about 'toughening him up to not be a sissy' or 'gay' wtf? he's a 3 year old boy for crying out loud number one.

My heart breaks for all children that suffer abuse, but it is tragic to think how this little boy must have felt to be taken from a safe environment and then systematically beaten to death by his own family. Rhetorical question, but it is so frustrating, if the bible group and family knew this baby was being abused, why didn't they help?

:furious:
Exactly what I was thinking. Three year old boys are just as "soft" (using this sicko's words) as three year old girls if not more so sometimes. The boys in my daughter's swim classes are just as scared of the water and cry just as much as the girls do on their first couple of lessons. They're just CHILDREN and have only been on this Earth a few short years, things are still new and scary to them! Of course they're going to cry, of course they're going to be scared or "soft".

What kind of idiocy makes one think they can instill "sexuality" into a CHILD? That's disgusting. Sexual preference should be the last thing on a parent's mind when rearing a toddler. Unbelievable!

What's sad though is I've seen dads like him before, or at least with the same sort of mentality. I like to take my daughter to the playplace at McDonalds occasionally and you end up running into the same kids and same parents from time to time. There's this one big brute of a man who takes his son and gets so mad at him any time he cries or acts shy. He also calls his son a sissy and tells him to stop acting like a girl. He can't be much older than 5. I've seen him actually take his son aside and point to the other girls playing and tell his son they are more of a man than he is. Whatever the heck that's supposed to mean.

His son may remember that and become embarrassed by it and resent his father for that in years to come. That just should not be the type of language or encouragement used around your young children! They need love and to feel like they can express their feelings around their parents, for crying out loud!

people like that have no idea what being a real man is :furious:

Good question. At first I speculated that perhaps they agreed with the father's anti-gay agenda but thought better of it. Surely not.

I once had neighbors that believed a child was given to parents by God and however they treated the child was their right. IMHO -- that is sick, twisted, and wrong and lets people act however they want under the guise of "God's will."

The parents had this little boy for just weeks and obviously had no idea how a three year old acts. The "man" that beat this child to death is a loathsome coward that would cower if someone treated him the way he treated his own child.

My husband and son wrestle around on the floor - but my son always wins! My husband would never hurt or hit him -- rather lets my son jump up and down on his stomach. Though now, at 5'5" he's getting a bit too big to wrestle around anymore :)

I hope the dad gets his comeupance in prison and gets a few head shots from others. Would be kinda nice to see a bit of payback for what he did to that poor little boy. Bless him.

Mel

not to mention all this talk about 'toughening him up to not be a sissy' or 'gay' wtf? he's a 3 year old boy for crying out loud number one.

Thumps the Bible like a "good Christian" but beats the kid so he won't be gay.

Backward nut. Oh and we all know you can slap the gay out of a three year old. WTF is right.

Totally O/T, but no where else to put it. I just wanted to know if everyone is comfortable with the level of information I am providing in these cases. Is there information anyone would like to see that I haven't been including? Some states you can't get much out of, but I try to get what I can. I have the inmate number information and things like that in my notes, but don't post it. Also, is there a preference on including a news story if I can get one or just the straight sentence? I just wanted to make sure I'm not missing something as I'm still learning.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cariboucampfire73
Back