TX TX - Kenny Ebarb, 27, Humble, 15 Jul 2005

Snoods

Reaction score
Kenny Ebarb, age 27, was last seen in the 21000 block of Countryside Rd near FM 1960 East in Humble, TX on Friday, July 15, 2005. His vehicle was located abandoned and burned the following day in Huffman, TX. He was last seen wearing a t-shirt, blue jean shorts, and brown leather sandals.

Foul play is suspected and Crime Stoppers of Houston is offering a $5,000.00 reward for information leading to an arrest and charges filed in this case.

Kenny Ebarb.png

http://texasequusearch.org/2005/07/missing-kenny-ebarb-27-yrs-humble-tx-071505/

Missing poster:
http://texasequusearch.org/wp-content/uploads/2005/07/EbarbKenny.pdf

Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/missingkenny.ebarb?fref=ts

4cf6cbd8e1ee0.image.jpg

Officials hope someone may recognize this watch, worn by an unidentified male whose body was found in a wooded area of Humble Sept. 11.

The skeletal remains, believed to be those of a white man between 18 and 25 years old, were found on September 11 in the 13900 block of Smith Road.

Remnants of an Old Navy XXL shirt and Polo jeans were found with the body, as well as a watch and a white metal belt buckle.

Investigators said the body had crowns on its two upper front teeth, and the left incisor was behind the canine tooth. They also said the first molar on the left side appeared to be infected, and the man may have had a nasal bone fracture in the past.

http://www.khou.com/story/news/2014/07/12/11404818/

Here is some specific information that could help identify Kenneth, including many identifying tattoos, scars, jewelry and a healed fractured wrist:

Name: Kenny Dwayne Ebarb
Classification: Endangered Missing Adult
Date of Birth: 1977-07-17
Date Missing: 2005-07-15
From City/State: Humble, TX
Missing From (Country): USA
Age at Time of Disappearance: 27
Race: White
Height: 69 inches
Weight: 140 pounds
Hair Color: Blonde
Eye Color: Hazel
Complexion: Medium
He was wearing T-shirt, jean shorts with pockets, brown leather sandals.

He also had two piercings in one ear and one in the other and wore silver loop earrings.

One of his lower back teeth is missing.

Identifying Characteristics: Tattoos: “Betty Boop” on left upper arm, “cross” on outer left forearm near elbow, name “Kathryn” on middle of back written in Old English, name “Heather” on right leg on side of calf, name “Brooke” on right leg on side of calf, “sun” on right side of chest, “cross” on left leg above knee, name “Ebarb” on back of neck, initials “K.E.” on left fingers, burn scar on right cheek, two piercings in left ear, one piercing in right ear, missing tooth #19 (lower back tooth), previously fractured wrist, scar on top of head near scalp.

Please call Texas EquuSearch at 281-309-9500 or Toll-free (877) 270-9500. Fax: 281-534-6719

OR

Harris County Sheriff’s Office at (713) 967-5810 Case # 05718F144 TES Case # 05505

He is married and has three small children (sadly not small any longer, after 10 years.)

2com04z.jpg

I don't think I ever read about this case. His poor family with no answers all this time.

Found this thread searching for my home town. That area of Humble isn’t great and my understanding is a lot of drugs in area. Huffman is closer to me across lake Houston and a bit more rural. Bumping to find my missing neighbors!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Murder without a body; 17-years later the Ebarb family wants justice for Kenny​

• Pennie Ferguson/Daily News
  • Jul 12, 2022 Updated Jul 12, 2022
Kenny Dwayne Ebarb

Kenny Dwayne Ebarb

Sabine County, Texas-
July 15 will mark 17-years since family members last saw or spoke to Kenny Dwayne Ebarb.
Family members in Sabine County are still waiting for answers after the 2005 disappearance, and murder. Kenny was just two days shy of his 28th birthday. He was last seen near the 21000 block of Countryside Road, near FM 1960 in Humble, Texas. The date was July 15, 2005. A date that is etched heavy in the hearts of his children, parents, and extended family.

The report indicated Ebarb had gone to collect money from someone he knew. He has never been seen or heard from again. His vehicle was located the following day, abandon and burned in Huffman, Texas. At the time of his disappearance, Ebarb resided in Spring, Texas. His kids are left to wonder what happened. His remains were never found, and no one has ever been charged in the disappearance. "We want justice, we want to know what happened," Ebarb's sister in law Amy told us. The now cold case is being investigated by the Harris County Sheriff's Office.
Sabine County residents Rex Ebarb and his wife, Amy, continue to look for answers. "I'm sure we know who did this, and so do police," Amy said. Keeping Kenny's case alive after more 16-years is a struggle, she added. We want justice for Kenny. There is a murderer walking the streets.
His brother Rex, and Amy attended a session at the Parents of Murdered Children conference, back in 2007.
Ebarb's family has dealt with his disappearance with emotions that range from hope to despair, frustration to anger, grief to loneliness.
Rex Ebarb said he had a special relationship with his "baby brother" — nicknamed "Boogie." He said he remembers teaching his brother to ride a bike, fish and hunt." The Houston Chronicle 2017, https://www.chron.com/news/houston-texas/article/Group-helps-families-of-slain-loved-ones-1
"Kenny was a good father. He was a good brother. He was just so much fun to be around," Rex Ebarb said in the interview, blinking back tears. "He looked up to me. We were really close. I guess I should have been there more for him."
The case is considered a murder without a body.

The family sought help looking for Kenny Ebarb from Texas Equusearch, but we never had many volunteers, and the area we were searching is just too big, Amy Ebarb said.
The case is considered a "homicide without a body" by investigators at the Harris County Sheriff's Department. The Ebarb family say there is one "person of interest" in the case, but the investigation stalled.
"They believe they know who did it, but they have a lack of evidence," Amy Ebarb said.
Amy has been very active in trying to keep the case alive over the years. "I called homicide a couple weeks ago to update our info, and left a message for their cold case investigator to call us back. I left them two numbers, and they have yet to call me back it takes an act of Congress to get any kind of answers or help from Harris County." On July 17, he would have been 45-years old. This is a particular difficult time of the year, and this family has waited for what sometimes seems like an eternity for answers, and justice.
His children, and step children Katherine, Brooke, Will, Alexis, Mariah, Jordan, and McKenna hold him near their hearts as they grapple to understand why he was taken from them.

Crime Stoppers has offered a $5,000 reward for information leading to the arrest and prosecution of Kenny Ebarb's assailant or assailants. And his case — No. 05505 — is still listed at www.texasequusearch.org/missing-persons.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back