Like roses or chocolate - but it's not

zwiebel

Reaction score
Before this thread fills up with hot air, that is not Santa in the photo. It's a French inventor, and he's a gas. In fact, gas - or wind - is his specialty.

Christian Poincheval found there was an embarrassing problem after a meal out in a restaurant with friends eight years ago:

“Our farts were so smelly after the copious meal, we nearly suffocated,” he says. “The people at the table next to us were not happy. Something had to be done.”

So he came up with some powders made from stuff including fennel seed and red algae, that is practically guaranteed to make excess wind smell sweeter than any rose, and very similar to the bloom's fragrance. Now though, especially for the holiday season, Poincheval has introduced powders that will give a person's digestive, gusty exuberances a chocolate flavor. The powders, which are fairly pricey, are also suitable for dogs, he says - though he won't reveal the ingredients that provide the chocolate aroma.

I can just imagine that moment around the French dining table when someone says: 'Ummm that chocolate dessert smells exquisite'...and then they get served lemon sorbet.

http://metronews.ca/scene/1223358/inventors-pills-make-farts-smell-like-chocolate/

Attachments

• 000_par6244903-7d016145055-original.jpg
    000_par6244903-7d016145055-original.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 50
Love it! Some of us have believed for years that some smell like roses!

My husband has long acted under the mistaken belief that his already smell that way. I may have to look into this product so that for once, I can enjoy his eruptions as much as he seems to.

Now I understand your first sentence "before this thread fills up with hot air"
(I understand where the hot air you anticipated would come from)......hahahaha

I had no idea that flatulence could be so entertaining!!!
We also refer to it as "breaking wind". It still smells just as bad!. :razz:

I am hopeful that the new pills will be ''pet'' friendly -- I know a few hounds whose masters would be delighted by change of aromas.

that poor man was born too soon - imagine if he was alive now -- what you tubes we'd have!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cariboucampfire73
Back