1256 users online (228 members and 1028 guests)  

Websleuths News

Heart of Europe

UK - Mom tells 6 kids she's going to store, then goes to Australia for 6 weeks

A Birmingham, UK mom of six, told her oldest child she was popping out to the store - then hopped on a plane to Sydney, Australia. The youngest of the children she abandoned was three, the oldest was 14. The oldest child alerted his grandparents when his mother failed to return. Social services took them into emergency care from the 'dirty but warm' house.

The woman, whose ticket had been paid for by a man she had met online, refused to return before her six-week vacation was over and closed down all her social media and her phone. She walked away with a suspended sentence as;

She's pregnant with her seventh child
    Her lawyer told the court her children were 'unaffected' by the experience.
    Her children wrote letters saying how much they missed her (they are in the care of their grandparents now, and mother's moved to the other end of the country)

We 'embraced' the missing Bob Harrod case as requested but 6 years on, are still waiting for further guidance

Flyers/FB/Case Overview&Media Links

I just HATE some people. FGS. Can they take this new baby away now so she can't ruin this child's life too?
    “Every day that they don’t find something is good for me.“ Billie Dunn

Going off for a foreign holiday for 6 weeks is one thing but lying and saying you're going to the store... Shaking my head here