GUILTY MI - Chelsea Bruck, 22, Frenchtown Twp, 26 Oct 2014 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

los2188

North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
Reaction score
Chelsea Bruck
bruck_t670.jpg
chelseabruck_t670.jpg

Find Chelsea Facebook Page - https://www.facebook.com/groups/1492405374366496/

Maybee woman missing after Halloween party
Police are seeking assistance in locating a 22-year-old Maybee woman who is missing. Chelsea Ellen Bruck attended a Halloween party on Post Rd. in Frenchtown Township on Saturday, but has not been heard from since. Her family does not know of her whereabouts and contacted the Monroe County Sheriff’s Office to report her as missing. She was last seen wearing a “Poison Ivy” costume from the “Batman” films. Her costume was a leaf-covered top with tight-fitting black pants.

Read more at: http://www.monroenews.com/news/2014/oct/28/authorities-seek-missing-monroe-woman/

Thread #1

Social Networks

Regarding Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, and other social networking or blog websites: Links may be used to direct posters to view something on a social networking page. But postings on social networking sites are not considered fact; they are rumor. Copying and pasting, or taking screen caps, directly from these pages is not allowed. Paraphrasing is okay. (Exception: If the Twitter or Facebook post belongs to a verified news station, it may be copied. But a link should still be provided.)

Also, social networking pages may only be linked if they are directly related to a case, i.e. the victim or suspect. We don't want to post to someone's mother, brother, employer, milkman, or postal carrier just because they know the main player. We also NEVER link to minor's pages (unless they are the victim). And be sure that the page actually belongs to the person being discussed. Do not link to someone if you are not 100% sure it is the correct person. And if a social networking is set to private and you get in the back way, you may not post what you find. Private means private!

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?65798-Etiquette-amp-Information

Please continue here for Chelsea

I spent more time last evening going through the various news clips and videos of the night in question.
It would be just so easy for me to direct some ill feeling towards the band leader and his mates since I don't find anything particularly clever about them, or their music. However, this isn't about my personal musical tastes, or my interpretation of their "art". It's about a missing young woman, so I am resisting the impulse to pass judgement on this music scene, and it's associated lifestyle. I can assure you that is not easy.

I will say, that after watching the interview of the band leader, I believe he is being genuine. I think he tried, in the best way he knew how, to express concern and interest. What I saw coming across loud and clear is that he is SCARED. Don't let the tats and tough guy talk fool you, this guy is scared spitless. He has a right to be. This happened on his watch, on his property. He has exposure.
That said, I think the right approach here is for LE to help this guy navigate through this, and have him help them in the process. While we don't know what is going on behind the scenes, a lot more can get accomplished quickly with understanding and cooperation.

I urge LE, Big Mike, and Chelsea's family to come together and work cooperatively if they aren't already.
I truly believe everyone wants the same thing, but fear is playing a big factor against the type of swift progress that is needed.
Just an observation, and pure speculation.

I spent more time last evening going through the various news clips and videos of the night in question.
It would be just so easy for me to direct some ill feeling towards the band leader and his mates since I don't find anything particularly clever about them, or their music. However, this isn't about my personal musical tastes, or my interpretation of their "art". It's about a missing young woman, so I am resisting the impulse to pass judgement on this music scene, and it's associated lifestyle. I can assure you that is not easy.

I will say, that after watching the interview of the band leader, I believe he is being genuine. I think he tried, in the best way he knew how, to express concern and interest. What I saw coming across loud and clear is that he is SCARED. Don't let the tats and tough guy talk fool you, this guy is scared spitless. He has a right to be. This happened on his watch, on his property. He has exposure.
That said, I think the right approach here is for LE to help this guy navigate through this, and have him help them in the process. While we don't know what is going on behind the scenes, a lot more can get accomplished quickly with understanding and cooperation.

I urge LE, Big Mike, and Chelsea's family to come together and work cooperatively if they aren't already.
I truly believe everyone wants the same thing, but fear is playing a big factor against the type of swift progress that is needed.
Just an observation, and pure speculation.

How very perceptive and wise of you. You make perfect sense, to me. Thank you for shedding your enlightened take.

What I would add in his defense is 1) she arrived late (so she wasn't present when he and the rest of PXP were out and mingling before they took stage), 2) she looked completely different in her costume and 3) she didn't appear to be in the "pit" in a single video I watched, where he would have seen her.

I have to wonder if he had insurance for hosting such a party and if he is more afraid of being under scrutiny for other possible liabilities such as drugs and under age drinking.

My gut tells me something went terribly wrong and it wasn't a random predator but someone she knows and/or is acquainted with. Whether MW'S (host) knows or suspects something I get the impression he is trying to distance himself from the whole thing or is afraid to say something.

I do think someone knows or suspects something but is afraid to speak up.

What I would add in his defense is 1) she arrived late (so she wasn't present when he and the rest of PXP were out and mingling before they took stage), 2) she looked completely different in her costume and 3) she didn't appear to be in the "pit" in a single video I watched, where he would have seen her.

I have to wonder if he had insurance for hosting such a party and if he is more afraid of being under scrutiny for other possible liabilities such as drugs and under age drinking.

My gut tells me something went terribly wrong and it wasn't a random predator but someone she knows and/or is acquainted with. Whether MW'S (host) knows or suspects something I get the impression he is trying to distance himself from the whole thing or is afraid to say something.

Yes, this is all about fear and mitigating liability IMO.
If everyone focuses on doing the right thing, it will prove far more beneficial all around.

Also, on the facebook event page for the Halloween party, she comments a few times on MW's posts about setting up and the party details.

If everyone focuses on doing the right thing, it will prove far more beneficial all around.

I've not read anything to suggest they are not or have not co-operated with LE thus far, in fact I believe that early on it was stated it was the exact opposite so IMO, they are doing the right thing.
I think your first statement is pretty accurate and I'd hazard a guess that if it were me I'd had have also consulted an atty by this time and maybe he has and is following advice he was given, we don't know. I sure would not disclose that as we have seen in other cases that often is misconstrued as "only those that seek out attorneys have something to hide".

One of the news clips I watched emphasized the miles upon miles of corn fields in the surrounding areas. Has there been an aerial search? Even a crop duster and some volunteers could be very helpful.
Sorry to suggest this, but it should not be overlooked. Even Tomnod might be a good option?

One of the news clips I watched emphasized the miles upon miles of corn fields in the surrounding areas. Has there been an aerial search? Even a crop duster and some volunteers could be very helpful.
Sorry to suggest this, but it should not be overlooked. Even Tomnod might be a good option?

I posted earlier and asked the question if there were any searches this weekend and no one responded. I guess that is no. Everyone needs to keep searching!

I posted earlier and asked the question if there were any searches this weekend and no one responded. I guess that is no. Everyone needs to keep searching!

Unless they know something we dont.....

I absolutely agree that they are trying to mitigate potential liability and/or any perceived negative exposure to their reputation that may accompany this tragic event. I am sure they are cooperating with LE...especially, since we have not heard otherwise. I also believe they are being guided by legal council...not because they have done anything wrong but due to the circumstances. However, I still feel the best way to mitigate any liability/risk...is when Chelsea is found. I guess, I just don't see any harm w/ keeping Chelsea's missing poster, front and center, on bands FB page. They have a large network of devoted followers...It only takes one person, who may recall an event or detail from that night or recent weeks, to lead investigators to Chelsea and bring her home!

Does anyone know if BM has been asked directly if he knew Chelsea personally or if he recalled specific interactions with her in the past? Curious what his response would be? Also does anyone know if the vender,, the only one we know of to give a description of the "sketch guy" was a vendor for just PAP or other bands as well? Had he been selling merchandise at other events where he could have seen/met Chelsea in the past?
Just my thoughts, therories and opinions!

It is now December in the Chelsea search area. She would be in a warm sweater and jeans. Have the homeless shelters been checked? She could be suffering from memory loss. Her ivy clothes and wig could have been left where she changed clothes. A church for example. Have churches been checked? She could be staying with her musical friends. Have all the people of those six bands been checked? The search for Chelsea is just beginning!

I am jumping off these posts. While I think the fear of liability may be a factor, I don't think it is the main factor. I agree with dmc43613 that several people who were there saw or suspect something, may have already spoken with LE, and may have been told to keep a low profile so that information that LE doesn't want leaked doesn't get leaked. If there does happen to be someone that LE is keeping an eye on, they'd want to make sure that person doesn't think he is being watched. Especially if there is any chance that Chelsea could still be alive and kept against her will.

I go back to what she was wearing. While grouped in with 600 or so people, she could easily have stayed warm. But when the party broke up, and people started to leave or separate out, she would have gotten cold easily. Anyone could have simply said, "Here, let me grab you a jacket from my car right over here." and that was all she wrote. But what I find strange is that she supposedly called her friend from someone else's phone and said she had hurt her head and nose by walking into a post. Yet in the picture here:
https://www.facebook.com/MonroeCountySheriffsOffice/photos/a.172694139588279.1073741828.165908086933551/296563427201349/?type=1
The guy to her left has got a scrape on his HEAD and NOSE. I'm wondering if the person Chelsea called didn't misunderstand her and Chelsea had said someone she was with had walked into a post and cut their head and nose, which then make me suspicious of this guy with the face damage in the picture.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alicialynne