530 users online (56 members and 474 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 73 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast
    los2188 is offline North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!

MI - Chelsea Bruck, 22, Frenchtown Twp, 26 Oct 2014 #2

Chelsea Bruck

Find Chelsea Facebook Page - https://www.facebook.com/groups/1492405374366496/

Maybee woman missing after Halloween party
    Police are seeking assistance in locating a 22-year-old Maybee woman who is missing. Chelsea Ellen Bruck attended a Halloween party on Post Rd. in Frenchtown Township on Saturday, but has not been heard from since. Her family does not know of her whereabouts and contacted the Monroe County Sheriff’s Office to report her as missing. She was last seen wearing a “Poison Ivy” costume from the “Batman” films. Her costume was a leaf-covered top with tight-fitting black pants.
    Read more at: http://www.monroenews.com/news/2014/...-monroe-woman/

Thread #1
    Last edited by Coldpizza; 11-30-2014 at 06:12 PM.
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

"When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

"When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

MI - Chelsea Bruck, 22, Frenchtown Township, 26 October 2014 #2

Social Networks

Regarding Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, and other social networking or blog websites: Links may be used to direct posters to view something on a social networking page. But postings on social networking sites are not considered fact; they are rumor. Copying and pasting, or taking screen caps, directly from these pages is not allowed. Paraphrasing is okay. (Exception: If the Twitter or Facebook post belongs to a verified news station, it may be copied. But a link should still be provided.)

Also, social networking pages may only be linked if they are directly related to a case, i.e. the victim or suspect. We don't want to post to someone's mother, brother, employer, milkman, or postal carrier just because they know the main player. We also NEVER link to minor's pages (unless they are the victim). And be sure that the page actually belongs to the person being discussed. Do not link to someone if you are not 100% sure it is the correct person. And if a social networking is set to private and you get in the back way, you may not post what you find. Private means private!

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...mp-Information

Please continue here for Chelsea

For ease of finding previous posts, here is the link to the last page of Chelsea Bruck thread #1 (Coldpizza, moderator, added link to thread #1 in the first post on this new thread)

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...er-2014/page45
    "At Websleuths we take pride in being a notch above the rest. " Harmony2, WS
    * *. * * *. *. *. *
    Justice for Julia Niswender, murdered 12/10/2012, unsolved
    Justice for Christopher Preston 9/7/2013 - 10/10/2014; LWOP for Joseph Adams
    Chelsea Bruck, missing 10/26/2014, found 4/24/2015 ; Daniel Clay-Guilty Felony Murder/concealing body 5/16/2017
    Find Eric Franks (40) Missing from Bridgeport, MI since March 2011

rosesfromangels is offline "The trilling wire in the blood / Sings below inveterate scars." - Eliot
    I spent more time last evening going through the various news clips and videos of the night in question.
    It would be just so easy for me to direct some ill feeling towards the band leader and his mates since I don't find anything particularly clever about them, or their music. However, this isn't about my personal musical tastes, or my interpretation of their "art". It's about a missing young woman, so I am resisting the impulse to pass judgement on this music scene, and it's associated lifestyle. I can assure you that is not easy.

I will say, that after watching the interview of the band leader, I believe he is being genuine. I think he tried, in the best way he knew how, to express concern and interest. What I saw coming across loud and clear is that he is SCARED. Don't let the tats and tough guy talk fool you, this guy is scared spitless. He has a right to be. This happened on his watch, on his property. He has exposure.
    That said, I think the right approach here is for LE to help this guy navigate through this, and have him help them in the process. While we don't know what is going on behind the scenes, a lot more can get accomplished quickly with understanding and cooperation.

I urge LE, Big Mike, and Chelsea's family to come together and work cooperatively if they aren't already.
    I truly believe everyone wants the same thing, but fear is playing a big factor against the type of swift progress that is needed.
    Just an observation, and pure speculation.
    My posts are opinion and speculation only, and may not be used for any purpose outside of this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by rosesfromangels View Post
    I spent more time last evening going through the various news clips and videos of the night in question.
    It would be just so easy for me to direct some ill feeling towards the band leader and his mates since I don't find anything particularly clever about them, or their music. However, this isn't about my personal musical tastes, or my interpretation of their "art". It's about a missing young woman, so I am resisting the impulse to pass judgement on this music scene, and it's associated lifestyle. I can assure you that is not easy.

I will say, that after watching the interview of the band leader, I believe he is being genuine. I think he tried, in the best way he knew how, to express concern and interest. What I saw coming across loud and clear is that he is SCARED. Don't let the tats and tough guy talk fool you, this guy is scared spitless. He has a right to be. This happened on his watch, on his property. He has exposure.
    That said, I think the right approach here is for LE to help this guy navigate through this, and have him help them in the process. While we don't know what is going on behind the scenes, a lot more can get accomplished quickly with understanding and cooperation.

I urge LE, Big Mike, and Chelsea's family to come together and work cooperatively if they aren't already.
    I truly believe everyone wants the same thing, but fear is playing a big factor against the type of swift progress that is needed.
    Just an observation, and pure speculation.
    How very perceptive and wise of you. You make perfect sense, to me. Thank you for shedding your enlightened take.

What I would add in his defense is 1) she arrived late (so she wasn't present when he and the rest of PXP were out and mingling before they took stage), 2) she looked completely different in her costume and 3) she didn't appear to be in the "pit" in a single video I watched, where he would have seen her.

I have to wonder if he had insurance for hosting such a party and if he is more afraid of being under scrutiny for other possible liabilities such as drugs and under age drinking.

My gut tells me something went terribly wrong and it wasn't a random predator but someone she knows and/or is acquainted with. Whether MW'S (host) knows or suspects something I get the impression he is trying to distance himself from the whole thing or is afraid to say something.

I do think someone knows or suspects something but is afraid to speak up.

rosesfromangels is offline "The trilling wire in the blood / Sings below inveterate scars." - Eliot
    Quote Originally Posted by dmc43613 View Post
    What I would add in his defense is 1) she arrived late (so she wasn't present when he and the rest of PXP were out and mingling before they took stage), 2) she looked completely different in her costume and 3) she didn't appear to be in the "pit" in a single video I watched, where he would have seen her.

I have to wonder if he had insurance for hosting such a party and if he is more afraid of being under scrutiny for other possible liabilities such as drugs and under age drinking.

My gut tells me something went terribly wrong and it wasn't a random predator but someone she knows and/or is acquainted with. Whether MW'S (host) knows or suspects something I get the impression he is trying to distance himself from the whole thing or is afraid to say something.

I do think someone knows or suspects something but is afraid to speak up.
    Yes, this is all about fear and mitigating liability IMO.
    If everyone focuses on doing the right thing, it will prove far more beneficial all around.
    My posts are opinion and speculation only, and may not be used for any purpose outside of this forum.

Also, on the facebook event page for the Halloween party, she comments a few times on MW's posts about setting up and the party details.

Michigan, where I'm smitten by the mitten!
    Yes, this is all about fear and mitigating liability IMO.
    If everyone focuses on doing the right thing, it will prove far more beneficial all around.
    I've not read anything to suggest they are not or have not co-operated with LE thus far, in fact I believe that early on it was stated it was the exact opposite so IMO, they are doing the right thing.
    I think your first statement is pretty accurate and I'd hazard a guess that if it were me I'd had have also consulted an atty by this time and maybe he has and is following advice he was given, we don't know. I sure would not disclose that as we have seen in other cases that often is misconstrued as "only those that seek out attorneys have something to hide".

One of the news clips I watched emphasized the miles upon miles of corn fields in the surrounding areas. Has there been an aerial search? Even a crop duster and some volunteers could be very helpful.
    Sorry to suggest this, but it should not be overlooked. Even Tomnod might be a good option?

One of the news clips I watched emphasized the miles upon miles of corn fields in the surrounding areas. Has there been an aerial search? Even a crop duster and some volunteers could be very helpful.
    Sorry to suggest this, but it should not be overlooked. Even Tomnod might be a good option?
    I posted earlier and asked the question if there were any searches this weekend and no one responded. I guess that is no. Everyone needs to keep searching!

Quote Originally Posted by goldenbear View Post
    I posted earlier and asked the question if there were any searches this weekend and no one responded. I guess that is no. Everyone needs to keep searching!
    Unless they know something we dont.....

Page 1 of 73 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast