765 users online (131 members and 634 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 20 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

OH - Tony Luzio, 25, Delaware County, 4 July 2005

A Columbus police sergeant made a personal appeal to the public Friday in an effort to find his missing 25-year-old son, NBC 4's Holly Hollingsworth reported.

Tony Luzio Jr. was last seen in the early-morning hours of July 4 at an acquaintance's home not far from Rutherford Road off Sawmill Parkway in Delaware County.

Deputies have found no trace of Luzio or his car. He has not used his ATM card.

Luzio is 6 foot 3 inches tall and weighs 200 pounds. He has brown hair and brown eyes.

He was driving a silver, four-door 2004 Honda Civic with license plate number DCA 5615. The car also has a Bush-Cheney sticker on the rear window and a Fraternal Order of Police medallion on the rear plate.
    http://www.nbc4i.com/news/4729853/detail.html
    Last edited by JBean; 02-11-2010 at 02:47 AM.

OH-Anthony J. Luzio, Jr.

Sex Male Race
    Age 25 DOB
    Hgt 6Ft3In Wgt 200
    Hair Brown Eye Brown
    Anthony J. Luzio, Jr. last seen on July 4, 2005 around 4:00 a.m. at Rutherford Road & Bayhill Drive in Southern Delaware County The Delaware County Sheriff’s Office and the family of Anthony “Tony” Luzio Jr. are asking anyone with information on the whereabouts of Tony Luzio Jr. to call Central Ohio Crime Stoppers 877-645-8477 or the Delaware County Sheriff’s Office 740-833-2890. The family and Central Ohio Crime Stoppers are offering a reward up to $2,000. Anthony J. Luzio, Jr. 25 years old 6’3”, 200 lbs. Brown Hair Brown Eyes Silver 2004 Honda Civic/4-door (Bush Cheney sticker on rear window) Lic. #DCA 5615
    http://ohiomissingadults.com/
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

Exclamation Tony Luzio Jr. Ohio 7/04/05

Reward Increased For Missing Powell Man

Crime Stoppers Offering $12,000

POSTED: 6:06 pm EDT July 27, 2005
    UPDATED: 6:30 pm EDT July 27, 2005

http://www.nbc4i.com/news/4778031/de...subid=10101341

Tony Luzio Jr. has been missing since July 4 from Powell OH which is very near the city of Columbus OH.

Luzio's father, Tony Luzio Sr., is a sergeant with the Columbus Police Department. Police do not believe his disappearance has anything to do with his father's occupation.

Anyone with information on Luzio's whereabouts should call Crime Stoppers at (877) 645-TIPS or the Delaware County Sheriff's Office at (740) 833-2890.

Other News Links:

July 8, 2005: Authorities Search For Missing Man
    July 15, 2005: Sergeant Makes Public Plea For Son's Return

Bring Maura Murray Home!
    www.mauramurray.com
    www.spbowers.com\mauramissing.html

Missing adults pose quandary for police
    Families get frustrated with differing standards on when officials should pursue cases

Also hoping for the best but fearing the worst is the family of Anthony J. Luzio Jr. He disappeared July 4 in Delaware County, but the sheriff’s office there has not determined that foul play was involved.

"We have nothing to indicate anything bad has happened to him," Sgt. Randy Pohl said.

Luzio hasn’t called or made contact with friends, his parents said. Neither his credit cards nor his health-insurance card has been used. And no money has been withdrawn from his bank account.

His father, Anthony J. Luzio Sr., is a sergeant with the Columbus Division of Police, and officers have helped search woods and the Scioto River near the younger Luzio’s Powell apartment.

Family members began looking for him after he didn’t show up at a family cookout on July 4, nor at his job as a security guard. Friends saw Luzio at an early-morning July 4 party in Powell. He left about 4 a.m.

His mother, Carla Luzio, said she wakes up around that time every morning, thinking about her son.
    http://www.columbusdispatch.com/tops...822-A1-01.html
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

Dive teams are in the water at Hoover Reservoir searching for clues into the whereabouts of 25-year-old Anthony Luzio.

Luzio has been missing since July 4th and investigators want to take advantage of dive teams, who were doing other work in the water, to search for him too.
    http://www.10tv.com/Global/story.asp?S=3760440

Missing Persons Cases Revisited

Tony Luzio Jr., 25, was last seen July 4 in Delaware County and Popovich, last seen leaving a North High Street bar almost two weeks ago, is being featured on numerous national news networks.

Tony Luzio Sr. said there have been no signs of his son or his silver Honda Civic for nearly two months. He makes it through each day, in part, by spending time with young men his son used to spend time with.

"My reaching out to him, is ... through his friends," he said.

The Luzio case is still very active. Luzio Sr. was searching through information from his son's computer, looking for clues.

"Male, female, it doesn't matter. I think ... each case is important," he said.

Like the Popovich case, there are no obvious answers.

"I pray to God that they find her and everything's OK," Luzio said. "But, I hope ... that for my son, too."

Other Unsolved Missing Persons Cases
    http://www.nbc4i.com/news/4891930/detail.html

Anthony Luzio, Sr. was used to investigating crime. As a 31-year-veteran with the Columbus Police Department in Ohio he has seen his share of crime. He never suspected that he would one day be on the other side of the fence.

Anthony's pride and joy is his 25-year-old son Tony Junior. As a police officer Anthony frequently worried about both of his children. However, Anthony understood that at 25 he had to let Tony be a man.

Timeline
    Jul 04, 2005 Approximately 4 a.m. - Tony was seen leaving the party. This is the last time anyone saw Tony.
    Around 2:30 a.m. - the group went to a party less than one mile away from Tony's parents' house.

Jul 03, 2005 Around 11:30 p.m. - after the group played cards Tony went to a local hangout to meet with some additional friends.
    Evening - Tony left his apartment and went to play cards with some friends.
    http://www.amw.com/missing_persons/case.cfm?id=33742

Reward In Local Missing Person Case Raised To $100,000

UPDATED: September 27, 2005

COLUMBUS, Ohio -- Central Ohio Crime Stoppers has increased the reward from $12,000 to $100,000 for information about a missing local man, NBC 4 reported.

Tony Luzio Jr. was last seen at a home off Sawmill Parkway very early in the morning on July 4.

Crime Stoppers said the reward will be paid to anyone who can provide information leading to the arrest and/or indictment of person(s) involved in Luzio's disappearance.

Delaware County Sheriff Al Myers said his investigators have already received a few leads.

"We have done physical searching," Myers said. "Columbus has assisted with physical searching of water areas (and) roadways. We've had numerous telephone leads that we've followed up on, as far away as Canada."

All of their leads have come up empty.

There's been no activity on Luzio's bank account or cell phone.

He was driving a 2004 Silver Honda Civic, with four doors and license plate number DCA-5615.

Tony Luzio Sr. said there have been no signs of his son or the Civic. He makes it through each day, in part, by spending time with young men his son used to spend time with.

"My reaching out to him, is ... through his friends," he said.

The Luzio case is still very active. Luzio Sr. was searching through information from his son's computer, looking for clues.

Anyone with information should call (614) 645-TIPS. Callers can remain anonymous.

http://www.nbc4i.com/news/5026013/detail.html

Several local families gathered Tuesday night to thank a stranger who offered his help in their time of need.

Those families met Joe Mammana, a Philadelphia man who first made headlines by posting a $100,000 reward in the Natalee Holloway case, where the college student was reported missing in Aruba.

Since then, Mammana has made the same generous offer in local cases, including the disappearances of Julie Popovich, Tony Luzio Jr., Michelle Hadsell and Carla Losey. Now, he's offered an increased reward in the 1996 disappearance of Rob Mohney. http://www.nbc4i.com/news/5175880/de...s=col&psp=news

hmmm

I have been pondering this one, with some many OD's around. I wonder if he had a drug problem or maybe a secret life that no one knew about? With all due respect to the family, could he have been gay and no one knew? Could he have went home with someone he didn't know? I wonder if he had an online life, if they have checked logs and his email. Its hard not to have an online life anymore. My prayers are with the family, I hope I am way off, and pray that we may all soon know.

Question hmmmm...

I have been wondering about this case. I wonder if anyone else has looked into this? I did find one rumor on the net about Mark Ely? and supposedly Tony sold meth. I found a blog at myspace which was empty and a profile at reunion.com. I guess I was hoping to find an online life. Seems most people these days confide in online journals. I read an article talking about the father checking his sons computer. As a computer geek I would love a chance to check out his computer. Something rubbed me wrong about how he left his house key with a friend, didn't take his cell, and disapeared, car and all. Im about 50 miles ne and almost anchorin' for a hike into the woods. We've had our own share of bodies turn up due to drugs in the last year. I wonder if this isn't related as to cause. Maybe he knew he was in trouble and something was going to happen. Since I found a profile on myspace I can only assume that he did as others do and made another anonymous account. I just wish I knew more to know what to look for. Not many people signup for online journal's. I think he has one, somewhere that might explain alot. Hopefully he's like the rest of the world and doesn't know how to delete temp files.

Even if he was gay or sold drugs, his body would've been found somewhere. With the exception of people like Jeffrey Dahmer, most murderers don't keep the bodies around the house. And drug dealers don't usually care if the body is found. And if he ODd, well, as people have stated many times on this forum, a dead person can't move themselves...

Yes, but are you familiar with Powell Ohio? Its full of quandry's, its by olentangy. If you ever drive down by the dam its quite profound, its so tall and huge and so close to the edge. I have my own thoughts and about 4 days of searching and theory.

I re-read your post and starting thinking:

1. There have been reports of OD's where druggies have been too scared to contact LE to incriminate themselves and have dumped the body. There have also been cased where a homicide is played out to look like an OD or suicide.

2. People CAN and DO just disapear.

3. Its not like everyone that is murdered just pops up without searching. How can a body be found if its buried, charred, or dumped in the water.

Consider this scenario:

One dealer has per se 5 sub dealers, something goes wrong with a deal, and he hires a gunmen to take out one of his dealers or someone who hurt his business. They ditch the body, and its found and traced back to them. He loses his crazy gunmen and two dealers. Now say next time around, the same thing happens. Do you think that this "dealer" is going to let the next one be found, or do you think the MO of the crime will have changed.

I take it you haven't read much on LUZIO, because they already searched the hoover resevoir, and I believe part of Olentangy, but I think they should search it again in another area where I saw a satellite image of what appeared to be a car. If not, im going swimming this summer.

Im bumping this because yesterday was the one year anniversary of Tony's disapearance.

Page 1 of 20 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast