GUILTY Germany - Tugce Albayrak, 22, beaten to death, Frankfurt, 15 Nov 2014

wfgodot

Former Member
Reaction score
It was a Saturday night, and 22-year-old student Tugce Albayrak had gone out to share a meal with friends at a restaurant in the German city of Frankfurt.
---
As Ms Albayrak was eating her meal at McDonald's, on November 15, she heard screams for help coming from the restaurant's toilets.

Two teenage girls were reportedly being harassed by a group of three men in the toilets, and Ms Albayrak intervened and confronted the trio.

The men were ejected from the restaurant and Ms Albayrak returned to finish her meal with her friends.

Later, when she left the restaurant, one of the men allegedly attacked her in the car park with a baseball bat, leaving her with critical head injuries.
---
Her life support was switched off on Friday. Tugce's parents turned off her life support on her birthday.
---
The public outpouring of grief and appreciation at the Sydney Morning Herald link:

Outpouring of grief for German student Tugce Albayrak, killed for defending teens in Frankfurt

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/tugce-...man-may-get-medal-for-aiding-others-1.2855510

She died on her 23rd birthday - she was a student teacher.

"Germany's president is considering awarding a posthumous medal to a young woman killed after defending two teenage girls from male harassment''

An 18 yr old has been arrested. (identified as Sanel M.)

Police are appealing for witnesses to come forward including the teenaged girls.

This happened so close to home.The article states Frankfurt but this actually happened in Offenbach.My heart goes out to Tugce's family.Just horrible.

Thanks for posting this thread, wfgodot. I've been following the case so closely and have such strong opinions about it, I didn't trust myself to post.

As usual, Bild was the only paper (at least initially) to publish a photo of the suspect. It now has the cctv footage of the actual attack, apparently. I'll try and find it. The BBC has stills from it here. Looks a much bigger incident than I initially thought, from these.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-30275255#?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

That's sad, and crazy. :( People are just out of control everywhere, it seems nothing is safe. Some of my female coworkers were robbed in Frankfurt, they CHASED down the robbers, along with a male waiter. All I could think is, "Not a good idea". Just because you believe they won't/can't have a gun, doesn't mean they can't kill you with another weapon.

(PS...When I read the title I thought "Delaware" not Germany)

Yes,I'm from Hanau close to Offenbach.I live in the States since 20 years and I go back home almost every year.It has been insane how much everything changed.It's not save to even go shopping anymore.It's also sad how a lot of Germans are becoming increasingly racist again and blaming the crimes on immigrants.
Tugce was a model immigrant,beautiful,studying,very involved with social issues ,her facebook shows how deeply she cared about justice and good will.It's so shocking that a girl with such a bright future was taken.
What gets me about Selan ,he is so young,looks like a child still and there are so many immigrants just like him that just don't see a bright future in Germany and adopt that "Gangster" lifestyle,glorifying violence and acting out.

The autopsy is 'inconclusive'. It showed Tugce died of blunt force trauma to the head, but not if that was caused by a blow or her striking her head on the floor as she fell.

In many countries, the person responsible for the blow would still be responsible for her death, but I fear that won't be the case in Germany and Senal, even if found guilty, will escape with a very light sentence indeed.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...defending-girls-from-assault/article21865801/

yes,Zwiebel,I fear that as well.This is facebook rumor so I don't have a link but supposedly one of his past offenses was beating up his own mom.This kid obviously had serious issues for awhile.15 prior offenses !! I bet he will get no more than 5 years,if even that.

'The funeral for Tugce A. took place in the small German town of Wächtersbach on Wednesday, five days after her life support was switched off on what was her 23rd birthday.

"We are all very sad," said Hakan Akbulut, chair of Germany's Turkish-Islamic Union for Religious Affairs. "It is a very emotional situation for all of us."

Police have refused to disclose details of Tugce A.'s injury. Whether she suffered head injuries from a blow or from falling to the pavement remains unclear.'

http://www.dw.de/mourners-attend-fu...e/a-18108006?maca=en-TWITTER-EN-2004-xml-mrss

I'm a little confused by this article as previous reports said the coroner could not establish exactly what killed Tugce, not that police refused to reveal that information. Senal is still in custody but has not been charged with anything.

18-year-old Sanel Masovic has been jailed for three years,just under what prosecution had asked for. He admitted 'slapping' the victim.

He is unlikely to serve the full term and said he did not mean to kill Tugce. His lawyer had asked for a suspended sentence and is going to appeal.

Tugce's parents wept as they heard the verdict.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/20...ls-man-over-death-student-help-harassed-girls

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth
Back