1103 users online (217 members and 886 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    los2188 is offline North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!

AR - William 'Bill' Gibbs, 62, Stuttgart, 27 November 2014

William "Bill" Gibbs

More details released in missing Stuttgart man case
    STUTTGART, AR -- Bill Gibbs' family is concerned something may have happened to him. They haven't seen or heard from him since Thanksgiving Day, which they say is out of the ordinary for him. A search effort began for him over the weekend. Gibbs' daughter, Valerie Gibbs Worring, said through tears, "I just, I just want to find him alive, that's all I want." Search efforts in the past two days, so far, turned up nothing. Family and friends have been using ATV's, four wheelers and horses to search a two mile radius. Gibbs Worring said, "But it's not looking good." She said when she last saw him on Thanksgiving Day, her father acted disoriented, even showing signs of a stroke, but he wouldn't go to the hospital.
    On Friday evening, Gibbs Worring received a call. Her dad's truck was found in a ditch on Hartz Seed Road, that's just past Stuttgart city limits. She said, "And we're not mad at him, he's not in any trouble, we just want to find him quick." Family members found cash inside Gibbs' truck and dog prints, which was odd to them because Gibbs doesn't have a pet. They also found his wallet and cell phone inside his home. Gibb's 2004 Chevrolet truck, Arkansas license No. 241SHC, was found abandoned on Hartz Seed Road, near Daugherty Reservoir, and the engine was still running on Nov. 28, according to reports.
    Read more: http://www.stuttgartdailyleader.com/...#ixzz3Kf3WDOe7
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

"When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

Dog prints, and engine still running. Did Mr. Gibbs perhaps chase after a stray dog into the woods?

I wonder if he was an animal lover, would trying to rescue a dog be something he would normally do? Perhaps the dog cut him off crossing the road and he swerved into the ditch. Maybe the dog was hurt and he tried to help it?

Are there any locals familiar with this area? Are there woods around, water?

So disturbing that he was not himself when last seen.

Hartz Seed Road near Daugherty Reservoir - rural setting, acres & acres of fields & the big lake.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Ha...46f1f4b5571949

I can't believe they can't find this guy.

Hope he is found very soon and ok.
    "Freedom prospers when religion is vibrant and the rule of law under God is acknowledged."--
    Ronald Regan

Born and raised in Texas, 25 years in Arizona
    You wouldn't think he would have gotten very far.......not to mention the weather is pretty cold out right now.

Maybe somebody picked him up on the road and gave him a ride into town......doesn't really explain the running vehicle though.

According to wiki there is a huge duck calling competition the week of Thanksgiving every year. A hunter's dog he maybe accidentally hit? Ran after it and ended up in water?

Can't be any connection to Cassie, right?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stuttgart,_Arkansas

Quote Originally Posted by noZme View Post
    So disturbing that he was not himself when last seen.

Hartz Seed Road near Daugherty Reservoir - rural setting, acres & acres of fields & the big lake.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Ha...46f1f4b5571949
    I am only familiar with this road where it comes off of Park Ave. It is a very fast way to get out of the populated area...but why?
    No evidence of robbery right?
    "Freedom prospers when religion is vibrant and the rule of law under God is acknowledged."--
    Ronald Regan

Quote Originally Posted by Ragamuffin View Post
    According to wiki there is a huge duck calling competition the week of Thanksgiving every year. A hunter's dog he maybe accidentally hit? Ran after it and ended up in water?

Can't be any connection to Cassie, right?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stuttgart,_Arkansas
    World Championship if I am not mistaken. Many ppl from all over in Stuttgart most of that week, especially from Friday thru Saturday night.
    Ronald Regan

Quote Originally Posted by los2188 View Post
    William "Bill" Gibbs

More details released in missing Stuttgart man case

Read more: http://www.stuttgartdailyleader.com/...#ixzz3Kf3WDOe7
    Why is it that those speaking about missing persons of Stuttgart are making part of their statements that the missing person wouldn't be in trouble? Am I missing something? Is this something they're being told they should say, response after something LE has said?

I wonder if it's possible he stopped for some distraction and after walking awhile was disoriented enough that he forgot was he was going & was picked up? Maybe the dog was a passerby, concerned person or a stray? I hate to say that it's possible someone with a dog could have stopped and taken him, but if think they would have taken the cash too?

Quote Originally Posted by Honey_West View Post
    I wonder if he was an animal lover, would trying to rescue a dog be something he would normally do? Perhaps the dog cut him off crossing the road and he swerved into the ditch. Maybe the dog was hurt and he tried to help it?

Are there any locals familiar with this area? Are there woods around, water?
    I know the daughter. Media reported it as dog prints but it was in fact foot prints, the size of a the heel of a shoe, that was on the dashboard. She told me she was rather upset that it was reported as dog prints because it was very misleading to anyone trying to help.

Quote Originally Posted by SmallTownMomma View Post
    I know the daughter. Media reported it as dog prints but it was in fact foot prints, the size of a the heel of a shoe, that was on the dashboard. She told me she was rather upset that it was reported as dog prints because it was very misleading to anyone trying to help.
    Thanks for the clarification STM- that makes me wonder- heel of a shoe as in woman's shoe, mans shoe...I'm sure you know what I mean. A few thoughts go through my mind here- work boot, cowboy boot, high heel, sneaker, etc Each could possibly indicate a gender or not, or indicate that he was in the passenger seat, or had a passenger. Please pass on my {{hugs}} to the daughter.

Quote Originally Posted by Caring4Many View Post
    Thanks for the clarification STM- that makes me wonder- heel of a shoe as in woman's shoe, mans shoe...I'm sure you know what I mean. A few thoughts go through my mind here- work boot, cowboy boot, high heel, sneaker, etc Each could possibly indicate a gender or not, or indicate that he was in the passenger seat, or had a passenger. Please pass on my {{hugs}} to the daughter.
    I'm not sure on the type of heel print it could be. I will send her a message and see if she might can clarify that. Personally, to me, it sounds like heel prints left as someone was pulling him out and he was kicking trying to get free of their tugs. I don't want to think like that, but that's where I go with that.

I will invite her on here but I don't know if she has time because she has been out searching every day since he went missing.

Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast