759 users online (124 members and 635 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 98 of 98 FirstFirst ... 48 88 96 97 98
Results 1,456 to 1,466 of 1466
    Quote Originally Posted by m_brown View Post
    Hannah's need for medication recently should be enough to get her classified as at-risk due to a medical condition. I don't understand how she is just a "Missing teen" or "runaway"
    http://www.oregonlive.com/pacific-no...still_mis.html
    Yes it should be considered atleast an endangered run a way case. But with the looks of the car. I would still say she's missing.
    You can fool some of the people some of the time; But guess what? The Bus Stops Here (Life No Parole/ Don't Pass Go: Don't Collect Your $200)

texasgirl2 is offline Verified Insider in Hannah Thomas Garner case
    Quote Originally Posted by Sjm_qc View Post
    I believe that it has been stated here, & on the #Bringhannahhomesoon page that the pictures we have seen were taken at the car impound lot, NOT at the site where it was located - please correct me if I'm wrong.
    RSBM
    You know what....I was JUST questioning that myself because Meag is right! The picture of the inside of the car doesn't look like it was moved before it was taken. Maybe LE took pictures of the inside of the car before they moved it and then the pictures that Hannah's dad received (the ones we've seen because we know they can't be the only ones they took of the scene) were taken at the impound lot for him?
    Unity is strength... when there is teamwork and collaboration, wonderful things can be achieved.
    ~ Mattie Stepanek

Quote Originally Posted by texasgirl2 View Post
    BBM 1: Yes! Don't think I didn't already ask the hubs if I could head to California myself! Sometimes I pretend I'm the "other member" of the team on Criminal Minds that no one sees on tv. I'm all, "Send me in! I could do this. This is easssssssy. What the heck are we waiting for? Gas up the jet, Hotch!" So....all that to say--YES!

BBM 2: I don't have the right words to say how much I love this statement. So I'll just here. I honestly could not have said it better myself. I wish LE would consider how important the way they are classifying this case is to how much MSM attention Hannah receives. The difference could mean bringing her home NOW. And it bothers me (as I've said a million times) that they used the words they did in their statement.
    Oh, c'mon texasgirl2, admit it; you're just wanting to be strapped in on that cool jet between Dr. Reid and Derek Morgan. Um, me too...

Seriously though, LE's attitude (not just APD) about kids leaves me SMH. I understand that lots of kids run away and budgets are tight. But really, does that mean that they don't deserve a proper investigation?

Paraphrasing and expanding on a comment someone made earlier, what if the missing person was say, a 29-year-old mom of three or a 46-year-old accountant who went missing under the same circumstances? Leaves home unexpectedly without taking anything with them, no money, car found trashed and abandoned and a few possible sightings. Needs medication.

Would LE do a cursory investigation and conclude “Nope, must have just run away, case closed?” Of course not so why are we throwing our kids away like this? It makes about as much sense as CPS reuniting abused kids with drug-addicted, neglectful parents – and we all know how that turns out.

Rant over.

Quote Originally Posted by georgiajean View Post
    From BringHannahHome facebook.... someone asked about the credible witness who dropped her off at the coffee shop. This was the answer:

BringHannahHome: The "witness" has been contacted and requestioned. Same story. He picked up a girl in Shasta that looked like Hannah then he dropped her off in Dunsmuir at a coffee shop where he gave her $20 "to get herself some food"
    Thanks for this!!! My questions to family would be: Where did she tell him she ran away from? Did she say she ran away? How long has she been on the road? Did she say anything to the driver about her car?

These are all things that would indicate it was her, and not just a girl who looks like her. I believe he is "credible" for what it's worth, but even if he is telling the truth, that still doesn't mean this girl is Hannah....when taken at face value, this man picked up a girl who resembles Hannah and that is all we know so far.
    Hooks Up!

Quote Originally Posted by MsMarple View Post
    Oh, c'mon texasgirl2, admit it; you're just wanting to be strapped in on that cool jet between Dr. Reid and Derek Morgan. Um, me too...

Seriously though, LE's attitude (not just APD) about kids leaves me SMH. I understand that lots of kids run away and budgets are tight. But really, does that mean that they don't deserve a proper investigation?

Paraphrasing and expanding on a comment someone made earlier, what if the missing person was say, a 29-year-old mom of three or a 46-year-old accountant who went missing under the same circumstances? Leaves home unexpectedly without taking anything with them, no money, car found trashed and abandoned and a few possible sightings. Needs medication.

Would LE do a cursory investigation and conclude “Nope, must have just run away, case closed?” Of course not so why are we throwing our kids away like this? It makes about as much sense as CPS reuniting abused kids with drug-addicted, neglectful parents – and we all know how that turns out.

Rant over.
    Who.....me? I am a HUGE Dr. Reid fan. Hubs rolls his eyes at me often when we watch CM. Huge crush. Huuuuuuuuuuuge.

I've seen many cases with a lot of similarities to Hannah's that were handled much differently by LE. I could tell by y'alls feelings about the MSM article yesterday that you all have too. Regardless of Hannah being 17, she is still a child. Like her dad said, and I am paraphrasing--until Hannah is in the protective custody of her parents, she should be considered in danger. At the very, very, VERY least....I would think that the condition of her car would have been enough to not require such statements by LE if this is the way they usually handle runaway cases. Which makes me ill anyway.
    Unity is strength... when there is teamwork and collaboration, wonderful things can be achieved.
    ~ Mattie Stepanek

Woof!! 1461 posts in Hannah's thread!! Time for a Mod to start a new one?
    You are the anchor to my soul, you won't let go ...

Quote Originally Posted by texasgirl2 View Post
    RSBM
    You know what....I was JUST questioning that myself because Meag is right! The picture of the inside of the car doesn't look like it was moved before it was taken. Maybe LE took pictures of the inside of the car before they moved it and then the pictures that Hannah's dad received (the ones we've seen because we know they can't be the only ones they took of the scene) were taken at the impound lot for him?
    If that's the case...that the pics depict the car BEFORE it was moved then either someone taller than her was driving it, or she laid the seat back quite a bit to rest. Look at the difference in position between the driver and passenger seat.
    Hooks Up!

I had no idea you could get some kind of drug for 5 dollars. And at parties like that, I can't imagine a person would want to be the only one not taking drugs. I'm trying real hard to picture Hannah as a runaway. A girl is going to tell at least one other girl, or write it in a diary/journal if there is a boy she is going to run off and see, though she may have been talking online with someone for awhile and went to meet him? Or maybe I'm confusing all females with myself, who just couldn't keep a secret like that. Did she have one very special friend, a friend you would tell anything to? I have two other ideas of why she may have run off, but maybe, not the best idea to write them down.

Quote Originally Posted by klily444 View Post
    Thanks for this!!! My questions to family would be: Where did she tell him she ran away from? Did she say she ran away? How long has she been on the road? Did she say anything to the driver about her car?

These are all things that would indicate it was her, and not just a girl who looks like her. I believe he is "credible" for what it's worth, but even if he is telling the truth, that still doesn't mean this girl is Hannah....when taken at face value, this man picked up a girl who resembles Hannah and that is all we know so far.
    My thoughts exactly. I can't tell you how much I hope that it was Hannah that this witness saw. It would mean that no matter what her car looks like to all of us, she was okay after that (whatever "that" is) happened. Like I said yesterday, I don't know what LE would need from this witness in order to consider this a "credible" sighting. Maybe I am thinking about it wrong though. Maybe the witness is "credible" and that automatically makes a sighting "credible". Which I get....but I don't like.

The problem I have with the "credible" (I can't help it...it must be in quotes for me right now) sightings is that the way it sounds, regardless of how it's meant, tells everyone that it was for sure Hannah. This isn't necessarily what I think LE meant, they probably didn't realize that we would pick apart their words so much. I know they have to have some way to let us know that Hannah was seen and I don't know of an alternative that I wouldn't pick apart in some way, but it's almost irresponsible to give that impression to the public because then they assume that she's fine.

I hope that makes sense because I am totally rambling.
    ~ Mattie Stepanek

Heads up! New thread coming. This thread will close in about 10 minutes.
    PODCAST ROW

WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK

PODCAST ROW

WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK

Page 98 of 98 FirstFirst ... 48 88 96 97 98