1001 users online (162 members and 839 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard
    You might try simply contacting municipal cemeteries which accept "pauper" burials. Where would the police normally send unidentified dead or homless persons who die and have no family?

Sometimes, Cemeteries have some interesting things in their records. I was once able to obtain a death certificate and autopsy report on a homicide victim from a cemetery office.
    Law enforcement has been checking cemeteries and funeral homes with no results. Funeral homes in Williams no longer exist, I am told. The city has been helpful in the search. Yet still nothing that points to her location.

what about people still living from that time people who know storys and stuff about the towns the lived in the people who pass the storys on to generations maybe they would have info

Quote Originally Posted by smile22
    what about people still living from that time people who know storys and stuff about the towns the lived in the people who pass the storys on to generations maybe they would have info
    You are correct, Smile22, we have been checking with anyone who is still around, yet so far, we have not found the key to help solve this mystery.

We know she is there, someplace, but just where...?

Quote Originally Posted by shadowangel
    As I understand it, the jaw and teeth of Little Miss X were delivered to the dentist doing the comparison examination with Connie's dental records. If this is so, have you looked into seeing what became of the jaw? It may still be with the authorities where the comparison took place (the jaw may have been sent back so as to be buried with the rest of the reamins, but maybe not). Typically, the teeth are a preferred location to find DNA in skeletal remains (tooth pulp from the root).
    We've checked with the original pathologist who did one of the comparisons (he is still alive,). The sheriff, (to keep the chain of evidences), returned the skull and jawbone. Since DNA was not in used at that time, for identification, there would be no need to keep it.

So where or where can they be? Isn't there anyone in the Flagstaff area that might have an answer?
    "The answers are out there... but who has 'em?"

I found a newspaper article that listed a Phoenix Arizona girl missing on August 15th 1957. Her name was Jeannette Frances Branson, she was 14 years old when she disappeared. She was 5 foot eight inches, 120 lbs. and had brown hair. She was last seen wearing a sheath dress, high heels and carrying a bathing suit.

I don't know if she's ever been found, just thought I'd mention it since it was in Arizona.

Quote Originally Posted by Hollow
    I found a newspaper article that listed a Phoenix Arizona girl missing on August 15th 1957. Her name was Jeannette Frances Branson, she was 14 years old when she disappeared. I don't know if she's ever been found, just thought I'd mention it since it was in Arizona.
    Thanks Hollow. Where did you find the story?

Hi!!! I found in in The Oklahoman dated August 21st 1957

It says:

Phoenix, Ariz, Aug 20 (UP)-City police reported Tuesday they have found no trace of a missing 14-year-old Phoenix girl, who left home August 15.
    Jeannette Frances Branson, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Virgil Bond, was last seen clad in a sheath dress, wearing high heels and carrying a bathing suit. She gave no indication of where she was going, police said. Her parents said she had no apparent reason for leaving.
    The family had moved to Phoenix from Tuscon, Ariz. only three days before.
    Jeannette is described as 5 feet, 8 inches tall, 120 pounds, with dark brown hair.

Checking it out

Going for it... first thing in the am to see if I can get anything that might say she is still listed as missing. Thanks...

I will post what I find.

Update

Phoenix, Ariz, Aug 20 (UP)-City police reported Tuesday they have found no trace of a missing 14-year-old Phoenix girl, who left home August 15.
    Jeannette Frances Branson, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Virgil Bond.
    A check with the Phoenix Police, today said they do not have Jeannette Frances Branson listed as missing.

The PD does have records going back to the 1950's, however, search is by name and not date. The indication was that older cases might not all be listed on a database and need hand searches.

Talelights, You probably already know these two things, but I found an article in the Chicago Tribune this morning from November 25, 1962 that stated Dr. Floyd B. Ward was talking about hair samples having been taken from little Miss X. The articles also stated that they were estimating Little Miss x's age at 14 years old.

Wire Service?

Thanks Hollow, I may already have that story, if it was UPI or AP wire service story. Is it?

Quote Originally Posted by talelights
    Thanks Hollow, I may already have that story, if it was UPI or AP wire service story. Is it?
    No, it isn't, and the title (in case you want to look it up on Tribune archives) is:

STUDY CLEWS TO MYSTERY OF MISSING GIRL
    Study linked to 10 year old puzzle

No, it isn't, and the title (in case you want to look it up on Tribune archives) is:

STUDY CLEWS TO MYSTERY OF MISSING GIRL
    Study linked to 10 year old puzzle
    Can you read the whole story? I can't. Are you a memeber of the paper?

Also, it says " other things were found with Little Miss X" I wish they would have said what those items were.

Items

Also, it says " other things were found with Little Miss X" I wish they would have said what those items were.
    The items found were bits of cloth, a necklace and some hair...

Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast