1151 users online (244 members and 907 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Terri tries to change her name for a second time.

http://www.kptv.com/story/27520902/t...autostart=true

She is trying a new county, maybe hoping for a more sympathetic judge this time. Lane County is known for being very liberal. Maybe she thinks it will work in her favor.
    Justice is the constant and perpetual will to allot to every man his due. Domitus Ulpian

Terri Horman seeks to legally change her name again. http://kptv.tv/1A9FKg8

You are the anchor to my soul, you won't let go ...

This is the second time Horman has filed to legally change her name. On August 4, a Douglas County judge rejected Horman's request to be known as Claire Sullivan.
    Audio: Terri Horman talks at 1st name-change hearing
    I don't understand ... can she just keep petitioning judges in different counties until one says yes? Do you have to be a resident of the county you file the petition in?

She declined to comment when contacted by The Register-Guard by telephone on Monday.
    Although Moulton Horman has been living in Roseburg for several years, her newest name change petition lists a contact address for a west Eugene business that offers a private mailbox rental service.
    http://registerguard.com/rg/news/loc...uest.html.csp#

Here is more from the Daily Mail- see below link..

Four people involved in search efforts for the boy objected in court, saying TerriHorman hadn't answered questions about Kyron Horman.

She asked a Lane County judge last week to change her name to Claire Kisiel.

I hope one day her name will be changed to an inmate number.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ppearance.html
    Last edited by DeeMarie; 12-02-2014 at 06:41 PM. Reason: added info
    By and large, language is a tool for concealing the truth.
    George Carlin

In her earlier request, Horman said she wanted to start a new life under the name Claire Stella Sullivan and avoid the stigma attached to the disappearance of Kyron. She also said her life has been threatened and she hasn't been able to find a job since Kyron vanished.
    http://www.komonews.com/news/local/M...284467531.html

Ridiculous.

LadyL is offline Sleuthing for Lonzie Barton & All Victims.
    I'm not a fan by any means and think she's guilty as all get-out but I thought anyone could change their name anytime provided they paid the dues and filed the proper paper-work. I didn't know a judge could 'reject' the application and I would like to know the judge's reason for rejection ... she's not a convicted murderer yet. Maybe the laws are different there or maybe I don't know squat (more likely lol). Off I go to research.

ok, so I think I was right ... it appears to be a pretty simple process here

Q. Why "Claire Kisiel?"
    A. On Horman's name-change request, she states that Kisiel was her last name at birth.

As a side note, Moulton was the last name she took on when she was adopted. She changed her last name to Horman when she married Kaine Horman, Kyron's dad, in 2007. Kaine and Terri Horman's divorce was finalized in December 2013, more than six years after they married.

As for why she wants her first name to be Claire, she appears to like the name. Back at an August hearing in Douglas County, she asked a judge to change her name to "Claire Stella Sullivan."

Q. What happened at that hearing?
    A. Horman said she needed a new name "to start over a new life without having the stigma of Horman attached to it." She said she hadn't been able to find a job in the past four years. She also said her life had been threatened, and she was worried about her safety.
    Circuit Judge Randolph Lee Garrison denied Horman's attempt.

"Your connection to the Kyron Horman disappearance is something of great public interest," Garrison said. "There are folks that say that you have nothing to do with it. There are others that think that you have.
    "As long as this matter remains unsolved, unresolved and until more information is given by you about that, it doesn't seem to be in the public's interest to change your name,'' Garrison said.

Q. Why try again?
    A. State law requires judges to approve name changes, unless a judge "finds that the change is not consistent with the public interest." So perhaps Horman has come up with new reasons for the name change.
    Or -- because the law does rely on an individual judge's discretion of what's in the public's interest -- maybe Horman wants to try again with a fresh set of eyes considering her request.

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/M...284467531.html
    Much more at link~

alright so the judge said it wasn't in the public interest when he turned down her first request and now she is re-applying and the last name she is requesting is her maiden name so maybe she has a better chance

I don't necessarily disagree withe the judge - I'm just surprised it's seemingly so difficult to do down there

thanks Knox! that link was incredibly informative

Quote Originally Posted by LadyL View Post
    alright so the judge said it wasn't in the public interest when he turned down her first request and now she is re-applying and the last name she is requesting is her maiden name so maybe she has a better chance

I don't necessarily disagree withe the judge - I'm just surprised it's seemingly so difficult to do down there
    "In the best interest of the public", seems broad. She hasn't been charged, but she hasn't been eliminated as a POI in Kyron's disappearance either.

Lane County may be a little more liberal than Douglas County. Maybe she thinks another judge will see it differently.

I'm most curious about her change of address. Did she finally find a job and can support herself? Or did some of those divorce assets finally get liquidated?

Interesting that TH knows her birth surname. I wonder where "Sullivan" came from. AND, I wonder how her parents feel about her changing her last name to her birth name. She is a puzzle....but, she has control over how the public views her, IMO...MOO....
    "Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."
    Groucho Marx

Quote Originally Posted by LadyL View Post

Not her maiden name. Her birth name.

Didn't she say she came from a wealthy family?

For the fun of it, I googled Kisiel and came up w/ the polish translation: "Latest word suggestions by users: dalliance, copperhead, crackpot, crackpot, crackpot" - LOL.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast